07-20-2015 04:45 PM
252 123 ...
tools
    I'm reading a lot of misinformation and false information fromm people on here and I don't want them to lead you in the wrong direction.

If you have questions, Ask me and I will answer them. A lot more people know me on and here I've always provided good information, because of where I work.

I do want to clarify that there is certain things like discussing your bill and getting special approvals that i will not answer, Because i can lose my job.

Begin...
    10-29-2014 06:03 PM
    Do you think Motorola will release a phone similar to the Turbo but for other carriers? That phone makes me wish I was still on VZW.
    Ry likes this.
    10-29-2014 06:04 PM
    That would be a question for Motorola, I can only provide information that pertains to Verizon. Sorry bud.

I know this, Motorola and Verizon have an agreement of this model as an exclusive.
    dragonsamus likes this.
    10-29-2014 06:07 PM
    I'm reading a lot of misinformation and false information fromm people on here and I don't want them to lead you in the wrong direction.

If you have questions, Ask me and I will answer them. A lot more people know me on and here I've always provided good information, because of where I work.

Begin...
    Best guess for what deals might be had for this phone on Black Friday?
    10-29-2014 06:11 PM
    That would be a question for Motorola, I can only provide information that pertains to Verizon. Sorry bud.

I know this, Motorola and Verizon have an agreement of this model as an exclusive.
    Thank you for the quick response!
    10-29-2014 06:11 PM
    Thanks for providing such valuable insight, Joe.

To receive the $100 trade-in credit, must we turn in our currently-activated smartphone, or will ANY functional smartphone suffice? If any phone, can someone direct me to a definition of "smartphone?" I have some borderline devices that may or may not qualify.

Thanks!
    10-29-2014 06:14 PM
    Joe - can I make this into an "I've got the DROID TURBO, you've got questions" thread or is the intent more for Verizon's policies?
    10-29-2014 06:14 PM
    Will a Verizon manager allow me to upgrade a line 2 months early due to an error? The Verizon customer support over the phone said it wasn't a problem and are actually calling me late in the day tomorrow as a follow up. I'd preferably like to have it in hand for the weekend though!

I've also been a Verizon customer for 18 years.
    10-29-2014 06:15 PM
    I suppose I'll ask the obligatory camera question... so, how's the camera? I know you might not have all the details on the sensor, etc, but have you had any hands-on experience? Most new phones take great pictures in the right lighting, but hows the low-light performance in particular?
    10-29-2014 06:17 PM
    Family (4 lines) is on the More Everything Unlimited Talk and Text Plan. 3 GB data shared. Monthly amount, not incl. taxes is $220.00, or $55 each.

How can we reduce our monthly bill?

If I get a new Droid Turbo, would going to the EDGE program lower our bill?

If I drop out of the family plan, get a separate account, my family stays in as 3 lines will that lower anybody's cost from the current $55 month?
    10-29-2014 06:18 PM
    Joe, can it be an older smart phone or is VZW requiring the trade to be our "current" phone that is active?

This message was emitted from Uranus
    10-29-2014 06:21 PM
    Joe, those tempered glass protectors you mentioned are Verizon branded right? I love the feel of those on the S5 so I hope so.

So glad no more cheapo plastic.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    10-29-2014 06:44 PM
    Does it support VoLTE Out of the box... Or does it need future update like the X14?
    No talk and data is killing me with the X! And I have 2 days left to return
    10-29-2014 06:51 PM
    Joe,
    Will the 64GB beast be available in the stores? When I got my current device, the S3, I could only get the 32GB online and all they ever had in the stores was the 16GB version.
    10-29-2014 06:54 PM
    i called my local store and they said they have all models available......
    eams1986 likes this.
    10-29-2014 07:02 PM
    Joe,
    Will the 64GB beast be available in the stores? When I got my current device, the S3, I could only get the 32GB online and all they ever had in the stores was the 16GB version.
    My store went in the back and confirmed for me that have 64gb in stock. So at least some do.
    10-29-2014 07:02 PM

Begin...
    Is there an official car dock accessory? Desktop dock? (Like last year's griffin docks for the ultra/maxx, that put the phone in a special dock mode...)
    dmark44 and ajc312 like this.
    10-29-2014 07:10 PM
    Does having the Turbo "in hand" sway you toward choosing it over the Nexus? Or are you still going to wait to make your decision? Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-29-2014 07:24 PM
    Best guess for what deals might be had for this phone on Black Friday?
    Do not expect any deals on this on black friday. Usually Verizon uses older devices for deals on that day.
    Deron Baker likes this.
    10-29-2014 07:48 PM
    Thanks for providing such valuable insight, Joe.

To receive the $100 trade-in credit, must we turn in our currently-activated smartphone, or will ANY functional smartphone suffice? If any phone, can someone direct me to a definition of "smartphone?" I have some borderline devices that may or may not qualify.

Thanks!
    Turn in ANY Functional Smartphone that is in good condition.
    10-29-2014 07:49 PM
    Joe - can I make this into an "I've got the DROID TURBO, you've got questions" thread or is the intent more for Verizon's policies?
    I've been reading a lot of info on here that's incorrect and i'm honestly just trying to be helpful with giving facts, So people aren't mislead. It's more for the policies, But i've had enough hands on that i can answer most questions.
    10-29-2014 07:51 PM
    Will a Verizon manager allow me to upgrade a line 2 months early due to an error? The Verizon customer support over the phone said it wasn't a problem and are actually calling me late in the day tomorrow as a follow up. I'd preferably like to have it in hand for the weekend though!

I've also been a Verizon customer for 18 years.
    Honestly, This is all up to Customer Service, I know for sure Managers don't have the option in store to do this, Because then they would pretty much have to let everyone. I honestly want to be careful with what i say here, Because i don't want to lose my job. Your best option is with Customer Service in my opinion.
    10-29-2014 07:53 PM
    I suppose I'll ask the obligatory camera question... so, how's the camera? I know you might not have all the details on the sensor, etc, but have you had any hands-on experience? Most new phones take great pictures in the right lighting, but hows the low-light performance in particular?
    So far the pictures i have taken are coming out better than expected. I say that, Because Motorola can never get this part right. Unfortunately i can't show the samples, Because its with a demo unit and i am not allowed to post from them. it's a job security thing...

This i can say, I came from a Moto X 14, G3 & M8 and it's on par with all of them and definitely better than any Moto phone to date.
    PeninaD and Deron Baker like this.
    10-29-2014 07:56 PM
    Family (4 lines) is on the More Everything Unlimited Talk and Text Plan. 3 GB data shared. Monthly amount, not incl. taxes is $220.00, or $55 each.

How can we reduce our monthly bill?

If I get a new Droid Turbo, would going to the EDGE program lower our bill?

If I drop out of the family plan, get a separate account, my family stays in as 3 lines will that lower anybody's cost from the current $55 month?
    Sorry, I can't answer this, because it puts my job at risk. This would have to be discussed in store or over the phone Remember Im answering these questions on my own terms and time, It's not that i don't want to be helpful, but this would be crossing that thin line Verizon draws for employees.

What i can tell you is the cost of the phone and what it would be on Edge.
    10-29-2014 07:57 PM
    Joe, can it be an older smart phone or is VZW requiring the trade to be our "current" phone that is active?

This message was emitted from Uranus
    Any Working Smartphone will work.
    hazardouse21 and ajc312 like this.
    10-29-2014 07:57 PM
252 123 ...