Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Ballistic Nylon or Metalized Glass Fiber?

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Which are you getting, and why?

EDIT: mine goes in a case & holster so it probably doesn't matter

-Myk-

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Ballistic Nylon or Metalized Glass Fiber?

Won't know until tomorrow and I hold one of each. I need to see how they feel.

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

I would like to wait and see the reports of how each of them hold up. That's the plan anyway.

Cajun_Mike

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site

i want the ballistic nylon but i wonder if over time it will start to look ratty... with dust getting into all of those grooves. How in the heck do you clean that?

Xelios

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site

i want the ballistic nylon but i wonder if over time it will start to look ratty... with dust getting into all of those grooves. How in the heck do you clean that?

I don't think it'll be a problem. My motorcycle jacket is made of ballistic nylon, and that thing looks like it's still brand new after 3 years. Been through rain, rock strikes, bug strikes, and a storage closet floor that has dust on it. Nothing really sticks to it. I'm sure the Turbo will fare even better since the fibers are of a higher denier.

camachinist

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

Ordered a BN tonight. Some of my BN travel bags have over 1/2 million air miles on them and still going strong. Heck, the old leather case on my 10 y/o Moto flip phone is still fine and I'm hard on stuff in my industry. Between the BN and the 1 swap display warranty it'll be interesting to see how it holds up on contract.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

Ordered a BN tonight. Some of my BN travel bags have over 1/2 million air miles on them and still going strong. Heck, the old leather case on my 10 y/o Moto flip phone is still fine and I'm hard on stuff in my industry. Between the BN and the 1 swap display warranty it'll be interesting to see how it holds up on contract.

Agree. That's also what I ordered for in store pickup. Hoping it lasts me 3 years!

This message was emitted from Uranus

anthony81586

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site

I'm getting the 64gb so my options are Ballistic Nylon and Ballistic Nylon, so I'm going with the Ballistic Nylon.

Full disclosure: that's the style I wanted anyway.

anthony81586

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site

It's water "resistant" so just use a damp paper towel and wipe the back of it

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

No expandable memory = no choice but the Ballistic Nylon -- Motorola made my decision for me. Otherwise, my answer would be "I'll have to hold them both to decide; but am leaning toward BN".

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
They're both beautiful. I went with the BN because I love the texture of it, and the MGF is very similar to the Droid Maxx. I wanted something new. It's more of a statement imo.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

No expandable memory = no choice but the Ballistic Nylon -- Motorola made my decision for me. Otherwise, my answer would be "I'll have to hold them both to decide; but am leaning toward BN".
While I was in the store I had the opportunity to see and play with the alternate "Kevlar" (MGF?) version. I know some will be offended by this but: I was unimpressed. Don't take it personally, but that finish just wasn't for me. The red was especially disappointing (being red and all, I expected more "pop"). If the tables were turned, and the only way to get the 64GB was to get the Kevlar, Ida got the black one -- fortunately for me, that was not the case. I really like the BN.

Noah Meeks

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site

I really want to get the 64 GB, but I have TINY hands. I use a SlingGrip (you'll have to Google it since I can't post links) to wrangle my current phone, and it's the best thing ever. I'm concerned that I wouldn't be able to get one to stick to the ballistic nylon. Can anyone comment one way or the other?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781