02-19-2015 05:03 PM
35 12
tools
    Which are you getting, and why?

EDIT: mine goes in a case & holster so it probably doesn't matter
    10-29-2014 11:07 PM
    Won't know until tomorrow and I hold one of each. I need to see how they feel.
    10-29-2014 11:11 PM
    MGF cuz the red is sexy
    10-29-2014 11:18 PM
    Nylon, need that 64GB.
    10-29-2014 11:24 PM
    Nylon because 64gb that's what I'm getting!!!
    10-29-2014 11:26 PM
    I would like to wait and see the reports of how each of them hold up. That's the plan anyway.
    10-29-2014 11:29 PM
    64GB nylon
    10-29-2014 11:36 PM
    Nylon. I need that space.
    10-29-2014 11:37 PM
    MGF cuz the red is sexy
    IMHO, looks better in hand than the pix - nice hue of red. That said, my need for space seems to be growing so it's the 64GB ballistic nylon for me.
    10-29-2014 11:46 PM
    i want the ballistic nylon but i wonder if over time it will start to look ratty... with dust getting into all of those grooves. How in the heck do you clean that?
    PeninaD likes this.
    10-30-2014 12:10 AM
    i want the ballistic nylon but i wonder if over time it will start to look ratty... with dust getting into all of those grooves. How in the heck do you clean that?
    I don't think it'll be a problem. My motorcycle jacket is made of ballistic nylon, and that thing looks like it's still brand new after 3 years. Been through rain, rock strikes, bug strikes, and a storage closet floor that has dust on it. Nothing really sticks to it. I'm sure the Turbo will fare even better since the fibers are of a higher denier.
    10-30-2014 12:19 AM
    Ordered a BN tonight. Some of my BN travel bags have over 1/2 million air miles on them and still going strong. Heck, the old leather case on my 10 y/o Moto flip phone is still fine and I'm hard on stuff in my industry. Between the BN and the 1 swap display warranty it'll be interesting to see how it holds up on contract.
    PeninaD likes this.
    10-30-2014 03:07 AM
    Ordered a BN tonight. Some of my BN travel bags have over 1/2 million air miles on them and still going strong. Heck, the old leather case on my 10 y/o Moto flip phone is still fine and I'm hard on stuff in my industry. Between the BN and the 1 swap display warranty it'll be interesting to see how it holds up on contract.
    Agree. That's also what I ordered for in store pickup. Hoping it lasts me 3 years!

This message was emitted from Uranus
    10-30-2014 03:55 AM
    I'm getting the 64gb so my options are Ballistic Nylon and Ballistic Nylon, so I'm going with the Ballistic Nylon.

Full disclosure: that's the style I wanted anyway.
    PeninaD, dmark44 and Zuboo like this.
    10-30-2014 06:29 AM
    It's water "resistant" so just use a damp paper towel and wipe the back of it
    10-30-2014 06:30 AM
    No expandable memory = no choice but the Ballistic Nylon -- Motorola made my decision for me. Otherwise, my answer would be "I'll have to hold them both to decide; but am leaning toward BN".
    10-30-2014 07:30 AM
    Damn I'm gonna have to get nylon because it looks so sexy. Gonna have to get a nexus 6 also tho ugh.
    10-30-2014 04:19 PM
    They're both beautiful. I went with the BN because I love the texture of it, and the MGF is very similar to the Droid Maxx. I wanted something new. It's more of a statement imo.
    10-30-2014 04:23 PM
    No expandable memory = no choice but the Ballistic Nylon -- Motorola made my decision for me. Otherwise, my answer would be "I'll have to hold them both to decide; but am leaning toward BN".
    While I was in the store I had the opportunity to see and play with the alternate "Kevlar" (MGF?) version. I know some will be offended by this but: I was unimpressed. Don't take it personally, but that finish just wasn't for me. The red was especially disappointing (being red and all, I expected more "pop"). If the tables were turned, and the only way to get the 64GB was to get the Kevlar, Ida got the black one -- fortunately for me, that was not the case. I really like the BN.
    10-30-2014 04:32 PM
    I really want to get the 64 GB, but I have TINY hands. I use a SlingGrip (you'll have to Google it since I can't post links) to wrangle my current phone, and it's the best thing ever. I'm concerned that I wouldn't be able to get one to stick to the ballistic nylon. Can anyone comment one way or the other?
    10-30-2014 09:51 PM
    While I was in the store I had the opportunity to see and play with the alternate "Kevlar" (MGF?) version. I know some will be offended by this but: I was unimpressed. Don't take it personally, but that finish just wasn't for me. The red was especially disappointing (being red and all, I expected more "pop"). If the tables were turned, and the only way to get the 64GB was to get the Kevlar, Ida got the black one -- fortunately for me, that was not the case. I really like the BN.
    I wasn't impressed either so I changed my mind and got the BN.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo
    Overclockn likes this.
    10-30-2014 09:53 PM
    I really want to get the 64 GB, but I have TINY hands. I use a SlingGrip (you'll have to Google it since I can't post links) to wrangle my current phone, and it's the best thing ever. I'm concerned that I wouldn't be able to get one to stick to the ballistic nylon. Can anyone comment one way or the other?
    BN being a fabric weave won't create much of a surface for adhering anything sticky or suction. Think about what a seat belt fabric feels like and then add hardness.

Sent Turbo fast from my 64GB Droid Turbo
    10-30-2014 09:58 PM
    Well I'm incredibly offended that you have a different opinion than I do

I'm the exact opposite of you. I think the red is absolutely gorgeous. I loved the red on last year's Ultra, but I actually like this red better. I looked at the BN and there's no way I could see myself buying anything with that back - even if they made it in red. I'm so glad Moto and VZW decided to give us a few choices since clearly different people like different things. Everybody can be(somewhat) happy.
    dungoyle likes this.
    I was trying out a Ballistic Nylon phone at the VZW store, The sticky anti-theft popped off super easy. I do not believe that sticky stuff will work very well with the BN back.

I bought the one with a BN back, it felt a ton better than the other one.
    Noah Meeks likes this.
    I looked long and hard (that's what she said) at the Red Kevlar and it was rather captivating. In the end I felt it was a little slick and just a bit too much of a finger print magnet (that's what she said). I went with the BN because I love manly black phones and the material feels and looks amazing (that's what she said). I'm finished now...

Sent Turbo fast from my 64GB Droid Turbo
    thecabinboy likes this.
    10-30-2014 10:03 PM
35 12