Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo No cases for the Ballistic Nylon model?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Confused....why get the Ballistic Nylon model and then try to cover it up with a case?

Posted via the Android Central App

64GB is one reason many do it. Also, the Ballistic Nylon doesn't protect it any more from edge damage.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

camachinist

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, it could be made out of inconel and could still be easily damaged if not substantially protected from impacts and fluids in my business. Also, the case facilitates easy use of a simple integrated holster. However, I find I'm often carrying the phone in a coveralls pocket and that works too, screen in ;)

leehardballer12

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Confused....why get the Ballistic Nylon model and then try to cover it up with a case?

Mine comes out of the case as soon as I leave work! Lol
I got the kickstand holster case so I could keep it out of my front jeans pocket since my job is pretty active and the phone is large. Also, with the holster, the front of the phone is facing the holster, so I'm hoping that helps protect against metal dust ruining my speakers. It also covers the phone well all around, so I'm not overly concerned about it getting nicked up hanging out on my belt.
I have NFL Mobile set up on it now, so I may need to try out that kickstand.... ;-)

leehardballer12

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo No cases for the Ballistic Nylon model.

I too, have the same holster/cover set that Verizon sells with the nifty kickstand. Fits in my 32GB Ballistic Nylon Turbo just fine, and I think it's a decent case. I DO wish it had an inside layer of rubber for shock suppression, but the phone seems like it's built like a tank anyway.

I see what you mean....I think the way they handled that was by having those tabs in the back keep the phone from being flat against the case to provide a 'cushion'. It appears to do the job, since I've already dropped it flat on its back from waist high on the hard floor, with not even a scratch....good thing I still had it in the case and holster when it fell!

reddingb

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Absolutely false. If the case does not state for the Ballistic Nylon version IT WILL NOT FIT. PERIOD!! Except for the Otterbox and the Incipio cases which allow the depth for both versions.

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for contacting Seidioonline.com. We appreciate your interest in our products. We have not finalized plans to make products for the Ballistic Nylon version of the Droid Turbo yet. Your request has been forwarded to our product development team. If you would like to stay informed on future product releases for this device, we suggest periodically checking our online store, or you may sign up for email notifications here:http://www.seidioonline.com/Articles.asp?ID=303.

If you have any questions or concerns, fell free to contact us at*832-204-1118.

Thank you,

Seidio Customer Service

Sent using my Verizon Turbo charged 64GB Ballistic Nylon phone unfortunately with a case on back

GADA 50

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
The cases definitely work I tried 5 different ones and they all fit fine my army green speck is my favorite.

rnd0209

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Well I am currently using the speck candy case on my 64 and it fits like a glove. Great case.

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I put an Otterbox Defender with a SF 49ers logo on my 64 gb Droid Turbo Ballistic tonight and it fit just fine.
It does work... I did it.
Fits perfect.

Same here, except I dropped it and I busted up my toe and went on IR, the phone completely shut down after accumulating 21, um, "hours" last Saturday and got, ahem, overcharged when I tried to stretch a bit of overtime out of it. Also, I won't get much use of it after December, and my wife is likely leaving me for Michigan.

Other than that, my 49ers Otterbox works fine, LOL!

(But seriously, all bad jokes aside, it does work OK and fit perfectly. I have had no issues, although one thing I noticed between the Maxx and the Turbo is the direction of which the USB port protector swings open. Not a problem, but just something I noticed.)

Rob_B

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
My 64 is in an otterbox commuter. Fits perfectly but did replace the screen protector with a verizon flexible glass offering.

Erick Garnica

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I got the tudia slim case for bn model only and its super good. There is a thicker version of the case too for bn. Diztronic is making bn specific cases too but not yet released yet.

Attachments

• 20141220_230325.jpg
    20141220_230325.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 91
  • 52016.jpg
    52016.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 196
  • 52017.jpg
    52017.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 200

mcgowane79

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Just bought speck candy shell case for my Ballistic Nylon 64 GB and it feels nice and more importantly looks good

Selarom6

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo No cases for the Ballistic Nylon model.

I see some that are available on Amazon now and they were available early December at the Verizon store. I know this is like 2 months late. Hope you are enjoying your phone!

almondman

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Trident should have cases for the 64gb turbo around the middle of January according to an email I got from them. 😁😊

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

leehardballer12

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely false. If the case does not state for the Ballistic Nylon version IT WILL NOT FIT. PERIOD!! Except for the Otterbox and the Incipio cases which allow the depth for both versions.

This is just not correct. The only difference in size between the two models is .02" in thickness. You have to try hard to notice that small of a difference. Besides that, every case I have tried fits. Every one. I'm not sure why this is still an issue...

anon(5061193)

Banned
Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: No cases for the Ballistic Nylon model.

Interesting. Didn't see that in the Otterbox details when ordering the 64GB and case tonight. Will know soon enough. I'm not worried though since I can throw a machine shop at it :cool:

I have the Otterbox commuter on it and it fits perfect

Ch4dders

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I've got the Seidio Surface on my BN Turbo. It looks and feels great. The fit is a little bit snug but she's on and I'm thrilled to have a Seidio case on my Turbo.

Posted from 64GB BN Droid Turbo

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood