Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo $100 rebate

johnnyappleseed

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to chime in and tell you that you're not alone. I purchased on 10/30, over the phone with Verizon. New Verizon customer on a 2-yr contract. I received and activated the phone on 10/31 and never received any text or email with instructions. I called customer service on 11/10 and the rep transferred me to the trade-in department. She took my contact information and said someone would followup via email. Haven't seen any email or anything else yet, so I'm in the same boat. I will continue checking in on this thread and will post any update if I get it.

johnnyappleseed

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Update: Just received a text from Verizon.

FREE VZW MSG: Thank you for your recent Motorola purchase. Now you can trade-in your old smartphone in good, working condition and receive a minimum of $100 Verizon Wireless Gift Card. Limited time offer. Visit www.trade-in.vzw.com and enter promo code: <not sure if unique to me>

Good deal for me, because the appraised value of the phone I'm turning in is a whopping $1.00!

Appraised Value $1.00
Promotion Value $99.00

Total Trade-In Value $100.00

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I think I won the contest for the oldest operating smartphone used as a trade in. or at least the most worthless phone used as a trade in at a store:
my XV6800 (Windows smart phone that I had before the Bionic was released.)

I have an SCH-i760 I could trade in, but I have such fond memories of it I kind of want to keep it.

I have a few older Android phones, but tbh I still make use of them from time to time. One (Samsung Fascinate) is serving as my kitchen Wifi radio and an old HTC Wildfire (a surprisingly nice little device) can play a few episodes of Little Einsteins for my son. Some of you are trading in relatively recent phones which can still serve a purpose imo.

How do you check if you can get more than $100. Is there any chance a Galaxy Nexus would get more (I think I'd rather keep it)?

Is this only good for the Turbo? I'm still thinking about the M8, G3, and the X (or even the Nexus 6). If I could use this and get a "free" other phone on contract I might go that way.

Last edited:

JeffMerr

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
I purchased my turbo on the 3rd in the store and did not have my old phone on me to trade in. I figured I would just get the email or text following activation and do it then. Well I haven't gotten anything, I've called verizon 4 times and no one seems to know anything about it. This whole $100 promotion is a joke unless you had your phone to trade in when you signed up in the store.

TurboFast

Banned
Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
I purchased my turbo on the 3rd in the store and did not have my old phone on me to trade in. I figured I would just get the email or text following activation and do it then. Well I haven't gotten anything, I've called verizon 4 times and no one seems to know anything about it. This whole $100 promotion is a joke unless you had your phone to trade in when you signed up in the store.

I went back to the store a day after I bought the Turbo and was able to trade in a Samsung fascinate that was 4 years old. Just act like you know what you want and they'll do it for you.

Posted via the Android Central App

JeffMerr

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
I went back to the store a day after I bought the Turbo and was able to trade in a Samsung fascinate that was 4 years old. Just act like you know what you want and they'll do it for you.

I'll give it a shot Friday. Heading in there anyways to return the Incipio case. Thanks

Fable

Android Rules
Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I worked with Customer Service again today.

Basically if you ordered online and its been a week - call and they can escalate it to the Rebate folks. They just supplied me 2 UNIQUE codes for the trade in:

Both were MOTOTURBOSMARTON- ((Unique Codes with Dashes in between)).

Got 100.00 for 2 older phones including a Samsung Convoy Flip :)

OCnNC

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Just bought my new turbo yesterday in store (first time in-store, have previously preferred online). Traded in my HTC Thunderbolt that I bought a week or so after they came out, credited to the purchase. Got to say it was a nice easy experience, but then I knew what I wanted and what the offers were. No issues with the trade in, I had backed up, wiped the SD card (but they gave it to me anyway) encrypted the phone and did a factory reset there at the store, and then asked for the sim card (maybe i was paranoid...). Anyway, feel like I got a good deal :)

TurboFast

Banned
Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Either way you can still do the trade in at any corporate store: just have to be confident about what you want ($100 credit to your next bill) and hope you get a competent rep who can input the IMEI and model of the phone you are trading into their little VZW tablet. You may have to remind the rep that the Turbo promotion boosts the trade value to a minimum of $100.

fonger13

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
the issue here is for folks who bought online or over the phone. not the store.

You can trade in at the store no matter if you bought in-store, online, or over the phone. They can look up your account and see that you purchase a turbo and will apply the promotion to your trade in. Like the previous poster said, be confident, tell them, 'I ordered the turbo online/over the phone, I'm here for the Turbo's promotional trade in.' They'll ask if you want to applies the credits to your account or use it to buy accessories, or gift card. I chose to credit it to my accounts cuz I can always get accessories later on or else where for better price.

I ordered online and have not received any text or email with the promotion code, got tired of waiting and walked into the store to do the trade in, no question was asked, a 10 minutes process.

Flexia

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I ordered online and have not received any text or email with the promotion code, got tired of waiting and walked into the store to do the trade in, no question was asked, a 10 minutes process.
Glad to see they took it in store. Now time to charge up my old BB storm 1

nlk10010

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Glad to see they took it in store. Now time to charge up my old BB storm 1

Yea, I was thinking of acquiring a Droid Turbo. I showed the sales guy my old Sprint Treo 300 and, after he picked his jaw up off the floor, took it in the back. I assume they all had a good laugh back there; when he came out he said it would be OK if "you could get it to turn on". Well, I don't have the charging cord (I actually MAY have it SOMEWHERE but it would take me 99 years to find it) so I got p****d and told him no go. I guess I can't blame them. :)

bigdav1178

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Well, I went through the customer service circle-jerk online and over the phone trying to get the promo code, and finally had enough. I ended up doing what some of the other posters mentioned: went into a corporate store, told them I had purchased a Droid Turbo previously and was just now coming to do my $100 trade-in (Droid 4). They went through my account, did the trade-in, and then applied an e-gift card to my account so I didn't even have to wait for something to come in the mail. Except for the previous circle-jerk I had gone through, it was a fairly painless process.

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
You can trade in at the store no matter if you bought in-store, online, or over the phone. They can look up your account and see that you purchase a turbo and will apply the promotion to your trade in. Like the previous poster said, be confident, tell them, 'I ordered the turbo online/over the phone, I'm here for the Turbo's promotional trade in.' They'll ask if you want to applies the credits to your account or use it to buy accessories, or gift card. I chose to credit it to my accounts cuz I can always get accessories later on or else where for better price.

i did this exact thing. after waiting a half hour for a rep, they told me they can't do it.

TurboFast

Banned
Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
i did this exact thing. after waiting a half hour for a rep, they told me they can't do it.

Try a different store or just come back later and try a different rep. They are hit or miss bc many of them don't even know what a Turbo is...let alone the trade in promotion.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon