Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo $100 rebate

wheelerpr

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I just turned in a 5 year old LG phone from Sprint that was cheap when I bought it. The store manager said no at first, but then they did it anyway after I pointed out that the Verizon website did not go into specific phone requirements. They gave me the $100 giftcard on the spot and I put it towards the purchase of my turbo.

Posted via the Android Central App

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
So i finally got my rebate today. after probably 6-10 calls and online chats to verizon customer service, and the rebate center. numerous times both stated that they would send me the promo code to text and email and i received nothing. a couple weeks back i visited a store to try and turn in my curve 8330 there. after an hour of waiting and then an hour with the rep they told me i could not do this in the store and would have to wait to receive the code.

so yesterday i visited another store. the rep immediately told me i could not make the trade in for my 8330 because it was not the phone i had previously been using......i told him this wasn't true and that i'd like to speak to a manager. he said he was one of the managers......so then after another hour of him poking around on his tablet he said it could be done. of course this is when he asked me to turn on the blackberry curve. i had it charged up weeks prior when they told me i could not return it in store and have had it off since. somehow the battery drained and it would not turn on. ugh.

so today after charging i went back to the same store and bypassed the line of 12 people in front of me after pleading with the girl at the door. she got the real manager to handle the trade in for me. he credited my bill 100 bux. So much work to just take advantage of an advertised promotion. why verizon why?

umbertob

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only one who got a $200 VZW Gift Card trade-in promo code for my trade-in? Got both an email last night and a text message today from Verizon (both containing the same code.) I purchased my Turbo the very first day it became available (via their web site) and was getting a bit worried about not getting the promo code after I received the phone and read this thread... But for an extra 100 bucks, it was worth the extra wait I guess. I just went through their online "appraisal" form and am sending them an ancient, but still working, Droid 2 Gloibal for an appraised value of $1 and a promotional value of $199.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only one who got a $200 VZW Gift Card trade-in promo code for my trade-in? Got both an email last night and a text message today from Verizon (both containing the same code.) I purchased my Turbo the very first day it became available (via their web site) and was getting a bit worried about not getting the promo code after I received the phone and read this thread... But for an extra 100 bucks, it was worth the extra wait I guess. I just went through their online "appraisal" form and am sending them an ancient, but still working, Droid 2 Gloibal for an appraised value of $1 and a promotional value of $199.
I believe that the $200 is a targeted promotion

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
So I finally receive the promo code via text this evening - that being said can I take the trade-in into a store and receive the credit? I ask because I went to the store Saturday and attempted to do the trade in but the rep said "there is no promotion showing". Meaning the code I received today wasn't showing up? I'd rather do it in store and have the trade in amount put towards the bill versus waiting for a card.

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
one store told me i couldn't. another store told me i could. be persistent. tell them people in the forums have been trading them in at the stores. ask to speak to a manager if needed.

adayoff

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I called customer service who stated that the email/text would in fact be sent within the five day period upon activation of my Turbo. Me doubting getting the code went to the Verizon store. I spoke to an employee who didn't know about the offer but a manager overhead the conversation. No one asked for a code or anything and began the transaction. It was smooth and easy thanks to the manager and the employee having patience finding it in the system.

The next morning I did in fact receive a text with the code. I'm the one without patience apparently. Anyway, that was my experience. Good luck to those waiting.

Posted via the Android Central App

DrGonzo48

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I always have bad experiences at my local corporate store and this was no exception.

They were determined not to give me the $100 and their story kept changing as to why. First they said it had to be the previous phone on my account. (They wanted my DNA, which I can probably get more than $100 for on my own but which I want to keep for backup). Then they said the phone had a damage indicator proving it had been wet, although it was completely undamaged and in perfect working order. The "manager" agreed.

There were several other things the rep did that made it a long and unpleasant evening. I was polite but firm and let them know I was not happy. Interestingly, after letting them know I plan to complain I have never received a survey. I might just give customer service a call since they are usually as helpful as the store reps are awful.

Kaiser Droid

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone have a link to the promo with the actual wording? My Dad is trying to give a Corporate store a mint Droid X with a working ESN and they said he has to give them his current phone, which is stupid.

Lol...., oh Verizon, oh Verizon..., they want him to give them his phone - and give him $15 for the Droid X. *facepalm*

fonger13

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have a link to the promo with the actual wording? My Dad is trying to give a Corporate store a mint Droid X with a working ESN and they said he has to give them his current phone, which is stupid.

Lol...., oh Verizon, oh Verizon..., they want him to give them his phone - and give him $15 for the Droid X. *facepalm*

this is a link in the droid turbo promo email that they sent me: https://email.vzwshop.com/pub/sf/Fo...ESJglB5Lp-zsdw6oOFfx5S210eWlhqfJc4jAo2hBjH9Gw.

fonger13

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

this link should be better, there's an ad just above the phone list, click on the learn more and it'll have details on the trade in: Motorola Smartphones - Verizon Wireless

DroidTurbo1

Banned
Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Thanks..., so you can't purchase a Turbo and trade-in a smartphone all at the same time? I guess I was a bit confused on the details, huh. How exactly did ya'll go about the process?

Yes you can at a corporate store. That's what I did and it's the best way to do it. All at once. If they give you grief just ask for a manager.

SLeepdepD

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I just traded in a Droid Maxx (original) and got $100 on the spot toward the purchase of a new DT. This is some promotion just for the DT. They said without the promotion they would have only offer $19 for it

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I just traded in a Droid Maxx (original) and got $100 on the spot toward the purchase of a new DT. This is some promotion just for the DT. They said without the promotion they would have only offer $19 for it
I purchased the 64GB version and traded in my old BlackBerry Tour with rollerball and they automatically deducted $100 once I showed it was a working phone

Sent using my Verizon Turbo charged 64GB Ballistic Nylon phone unfortunately with a case on back

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Verizon finally sends me the promo code via text - I go to enter it for the trade in and no dice - says "invalid code". Tries to call them and was on hold 30 minutes without reaching anyone. Very frustrating.

Magnamar

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
i went into get my BN turbo today and was able to trade in a old HTC Fuse lol got a 150 credit for it at the store so grabbed me a wireless charger and turbo car charger also

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
go to a corporate store and demand they do it. if they say no, tell them it is in fact possible. i went through the same BS. ask for a manager if needed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay