10-30-2014 09:42 PM
33 12
tools
    Odd, moving the upgrade to your number is nothing. They do that sort of thing all the time.
    I thought they killed that loophole a few months back.
    10-30-2014 01:06 PM
    Will I know if they try to pull this trick on me? That is, I'd have to sign a contract as opposed to simply having them activating the new phone?
    10-30-2014 01:20 PM
    Well after a heated debate with customer service they agreed to switch it over and allow me to keep my unlimited data. According to one person at customer service they were no longer allowing people to do this but some havent got the memo yet.
    10-30-2014 02:54 PM
    I thought they killed that loophole a few months back.
    Well if we are talking about Alternate Upgrade to keep unlimited...then yeah. But if you are on a tiered plan...Im pretty sure you can use somone elses upgrade on your plan.

Sorry I missed the point of the first post. He mentioned buying a phone full retail and that through me off.
    10-30-2014 04:28 PM
    I just did a transfer upgrade to get the note 4. Did it online, transferred unlimited data line to a tiered data line and ordered the note 4, still have unlimited data on that line
    10-30-2014 08:51 PM
    I've been through a mess with this previously and had to argue all the way to the presidents office to get it fixed, but that was mostly according to them because I didn't notice the plan change they slipped in on me. She assures me that my plan will stay exactly the same and that she is going to call me back to confirm.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4
    Get it in writing signed by God.
    10-30-2014 08:55 PM
    Rep called the store work me on the phone and the store manager told her that it has been a new in store policy for the past 2-3 weeks. She said they are on an entirely different system then the stores and that I should go to the store, buy it, she would annotate my account, and fix it afterwards. That's total crap customer service that the store can't do that. At least she is going to (I hope) take care of things for me.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4
    Snareman, if that were true, some Android forum would report it. I tend to browse forums and this is new news.

Keep in mind that all wireless carrier associates are unfortunately just trained on how to sell. Typically if I have a problem or a question, I call customer service and request to speak to tier two tech support. But I will fact find before I call or enter a store.

I think it's a shame that Verizon actually requires a college degree and their annual salary is $40K. That's pretty pathetic and they work weekends. You would think that a college graduate would be able to learn more about the technical side and terms & conditions. I want a one stop shop and deal with one associate. I do occasionally get a smart, enthusiastic rep and should I require further help, will try to reconnect with that associatiate.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-30-2014 09:09 PM
    Snareman, if that were true, some Android forum would report it. I tend to browse forums and this is new news.

Keep in mind that all wireless carrier associates are unfortunately just trained on how to sell. Typically if I have a problem or a question, I call customer service and request to speak to tier two tech support. But I will fact find before I call or enter a store.

I think it's a shame that Verizon actually requires a college degree and their annual salary is $40K. That's pretty pathetic and they work weekends. You would think that a college graduate would be able to learn more about the technical side and terms & conditions. I want a one stop shop and deal with one associate. I do occasionally get a smart, enthusiastic rep and should I require further help, will try to reconnect with that associatiate.

Posted via the Android Central App
    That was my thought too. If this was a new policy I would have read about it already and already been up on what the policy was and I'd heard nothing of the sort. My rep seemed like a good guy, knew about the phones, said he'd known about them for 2 months and seemed overall more intelligent than most reps I've dealt with. Assuming he was telling the truth, which I think it was to the best of his knowledge, he wasn't able to sell me a new phone without putting me into a plan.
    10-30-2014 09:42 PM
33 12