12-06-2016 12:53 PM
66 123
tools
    Thanks guys, I also work out with my phone 6 days a week...so lots of sweating. Plus all the biking I do makes rain a huge issue.
    The pool and the toilet, man that's rough! But glad to hear it still worked for you.
    Really helpful guys! Thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Ricky Gray1 likes this.
    05-21-2015 06:11 PM
    My question is, Would this handset have enough water resistance to survive being in my jersey pocket on a long bike ride? It'll be sweaty back there and typically, I throw my handset into a ziploc baggie before I ride.
    Am I going to have to do the same thing with this handset? Thanks in advance.
    I also bike with my phone in my pocket, after doing it for a few weeks it was still working. That said, I've gone with a zip lock bag over the phone, I figure after a year or so it might start to add up to some issues.

jleebiker likes this.
    05-22-2015 12:50 PM
    My Turbo accidentally fell out of my purse in a parking lot during a torrential downpour. I didn't realize it until I got home. Drove back and found it face up. It had been there for about 20 minutes and has been fine. I wouldn't recommend that, but that was a couple of weeks ago and it's still ok.
    06-09-2015 06:27 PM
    My Turbo accidentally fell out of my purse in a parking lot during a torrential downpour. I didn't realize it until I got home. Drove back and found it face up. It had been there for about 20 minutes and has been fine. I wouldn't recommend that, but that was a couple of weeks ago and it's still ok.
    The 'nano-coating' was probably suitable to keep the phone running in that situation. Full submersion would be the real problem with the Turbo.
    06-09-2015 07:42 PM
    It may be water resistant, but it's certainly not water proof, and since you can't remove the battery because it's a closed system, there's a good chance it wont survive submersion. Mine fell out of my pocket and into the pool for about 3 seconds. I tried to dry it out using kitty litter and an air compressor (with a filter) and it worked perfectly for 18 hours until I plugged it in to recharge. Then it died, constantly rebooting with a blank screen. Needless to day I'm not impressed with its "water resistance", and design when it didn't even go more than a foot into the water for more than three seconds.
    TurboHope likes this.
    06-10-2015 08:25 AM
    It may be water resistant, but it's certainly not water proof, and since you can't remove the battery because it's a closed system, there's a good chance it wont survive submersion. Mine fell out of my pocket and into the pool for about 3 seconds. I tried to dry it out using kitty litter and an air compressor (with a filter) and it worked perfectly for 18 hours until I plugged it in to recharge. Then it died, constantly rebooting with a blank screen. Needless to day I'm not impressed with its "water resistance", and design when it didn't even go more than a foot into the water for more than three seconds.
    Motorola advertises it as water resistant and they show spills. Dropping the phone in the pool for any period of time, especially because its submerged, would require water proofing. Resistance is meant for spills, rain, etc. You know, the things that happen despite how cautious you can be. It's common for many to keep their phones away from pools.
    jesta192 likes this.
    06-11-2015 09:43 PM
    Well it's official I dropped mine n toilet. I instinctively reached in grabbed it out within 2 to 3 seconds. immediately soaped it up with liquid soap and rinsedin the sink used dry paper towels yes there was water coming out of the headphone jack but I took a great amount of time to dry it out and shake it free from all the water as much as I could. Screen was flickering and phone rebooting. I went into the car put it on window defogger high heat with the AC on for dry hot heat and I baked the phone in the de fogger for about a half hour came back, temperature maximum on the phone displayed, I forgot to turn it off, happy to say after the phone cool down everything fine for a couple days now. I've never seen this happen or heard of such great results with a different phone. Love this phone.
    06-27-2015 10:46 AM
    The 'nano-coating' was probably suitable to keep the phone running in that situation. Full submersion would be the real problem with the Turbo.
    I got out of my car last night while my turbo had been on my lap, when I stood it plummeted into a deep puddle and it literally took me about 15 seconds reaching around in the puddle before finding it. I promptly blew into both the power and headphone ports,to remove any water in them that I could. phone didn't even hiccup. Working great. I'm REALLY impressed.
    kjjb0204 likes this.
    07-01-2015 11:16 AM
    Where is/are the moisture indicator(s) on the Turbo?

I've found online photos on most other Motorola phones, but not the Turbo.
    If you take out the SIM card port where the volume is, it is inside the left, or upper, volume control "hole" (For lack of a better term). To the left of the sim port.

Source: (Can't post links, but it's in the: Verizon Support > Operating Systems > Android OS > Troubleshooting > "How to use guide: Identifying Device Damage" about 1/2 down the page) (also google: "Droid turbo water damage" second link.)
    08-05-2015 05:34 PM
    I also bike with my phone in my pocket, after doing it for a few weeks it was still working. That said, I've gone with a zip lock bag over the phone, I figure after a year or so it might start to add up to some issues.

I ran with it yesterday, screen facing and in direct contact with skin. Suffice to say it didn't work out in my favor.

I didn't have pockets and didn't want to hold the phone while I ran
    08-05-2015 05:36 PM
    My rule for smartphones or any other portable electronic device is this: I do not believe anything the media tells me (or anybody else for that matter) in regards to how it will survive getting wet or being dropped, I go on the assumption that one drop of water or dropping my phone on a pillow will kill it: and treat it accordingly. It has worked really well for me. If you got yours wet or dropped it and it went unharmed consider yourself lucky and not the result of anything superior about the phone itself... you were just lucky.
    jleebiker likes this.
    08-08-2015 11:42 AM
    we tipped our boat and it was submerged briefly. problem is it kept trying to turn back on over and over again. since the battery wont come out it fried it. definately not water resistant.
    09-06-2015 05:54 PM
    ditto. same problem
    09-06-2015 05:56 PM
    I was actually caught in a rain storm three days ago and my kids soccer game. Turbo was fine, no worries.

Earlier in the year, I was playing golf, again...got caught in a rain..no worries with Turbo in rain and drizzle.

Plus, I use it when I work out and sweat gets all over Turbo. So any splashing, spilled drinks, rain..the Turbo will be just fine.

I don't believe it will survive being dropped in the toilet though. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    NOT TRUE!! I got some crap on the top of my phone and so I splashed some water on it to clean it off ( because it was sold to me as water resistant) I immediately dried it off and took it out of its case. Within an hour it started getting glitchy and by the end of the day it was dead. Talked to Motorola and explained what happened they had me send it in. A few days later they sent it back unrepaired and stated they voided the warrantee because of water damage. When I called at first they tried to deny that it is advertised as water resistant. They are not covering it. They would not give any answer on what water resistant means. I am very frustrated with this product. I went with it because the salesperson sold me on it being water resiatant.
    10-14-2016 05:54 PM
    It was always advertised as splash proof, not water resistant. The 2013 droids had the same feature and marketing.
    10-14-2016 09:22 PM
    Did you do anything special with your phone after dropping it in the bathtub or did you just give it time to dry out? Mine is working fine now except the volume. It either won't give me the notification sounds or it tries and cuts out during it off and on.
    12-06-2016 12:53 PM
66 123