We've got the DROID TURBO. Got questions? Ask us!

spencerrr11

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Lately, my droid turbo has been turning to rainbow colors when it's charging when the screen is suppose to go black with the time being shown. Any idea why my phone is doing this? Here's a picture of what it looks like.
droid turbo.jpg

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I WAS using Verizon Messages for my messaging app, but tired of seeing duplicate numbers on every person!! When I go into phone settings, not duplicate, when I go into the stock messaging, no duplicates. Go into contacts/people no duplicates only Verizon messages. I thought okay, delete from Verizon (on computer) nope, still shows duplicates. Ideas?

chadlies

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
Just bought the Droid turbo from Verizon,does anyone on here know how to upload music from an iTunes account to this phone?

Posted via the Android Central App

Photoguy505

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: Just got the Turbo an hour ago..

I just made my first call and with maximum volume it was still pretty low. This was the same problem on my 2nd gen Moto X so I just disabled audio effects and that did the trick.

Sent Turbo fast from my 64GB Droid Turbo

I'm getting my Turbo very soon and I'm curious, how do you disable the audio effects? What effect does that have on anything else on the phone? What are audio effects for? You'd think I would know these things since I'm a Moto Droid guy for several years now.. Thanks in advance
Don

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Just got the Turbo an hour ago..

I'm getting my Turbo very soon and I'm curious, how do you disable the audio effects? What effect does that have on anything else on the phone? What are audio effects for? You'd think I would know these things since I'm a Moto Droid guy for several years now.. Thanks in advance
Don

There us a setting for that in settings / sound. Essentially, it is an audio equalizer - you can boost or lower bass, treble, etc., with separate settings for the handset speaker and the headphone jack, if you want, and some presets you can choose from.

John Crafton

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Select the email, hit the trash can, go to the trash, and do it again. This is true with many email apps. There is no option to permanently delete it without sending it to the trash first.

JoAnn Davis

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Just Picked Up a Droid Turbo

Ok, this is going to sound really bad/mean, but my son has this phone and he isn't "following the rules". So since we have had this discussion WAY TOO MANY TIMES with him we are looking for a solution. I DO NOT want him to be without the phone (it is brand new after all) but I don't want him misusing it either.

Is there a way to uninstall Chrome? I know I can disable it, but he isn't stupid so I am sure he would figure out how to enable it.

Is there a way to lock the contacts? What I mean is the contacts he has in there is ALL that he is allowed. No one else!

Is there a way to disable the data if that is simpler so that he can not download things he is not supposed to, stream music, etc? I don't want it disabled, I want it GONE. (I would like the option of reinstalling later IF he proves himself.)

I am open to suggestions of apps if this is what would work best and you can recommend any as I am sick of looking for them.

I know I seem like the crazy, controlling parent, but I AM paying for the bill.

Thanks in advance for any help!

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Just Picked Up a Droid Turbo

Ok, this is going to sound really bad/mean, but my son has this phone and he isn't "following the rules". So since we have had this discussion WAY TOO MANY TIMES with him we are looking for a solution. I DO NOT want him to be without the phone (it is brand new after all) but I don't want him misusing it either.

Nope, that is not really bad/mean. That's being a sensible parent. Thankfully, I did not have that same problem with my kids.

Android really needs better built-in parental controls. Unfortunately, I think that you'll be looking for a third party app.

You may be able to contact Verizon and see if they can put a mobile data block on the line itself (I'm not sure, but it's worth a call), but that won't stop use over WiFi.

I've not tried any of these services/apps myself, but here is a list of some articles with some solutions:

» 10 Android Parental Control Apps
Mobile Guardian (Android, iOS) (~$3.66/mo)

And here are some apps in the Play Store (but be sure to read the reviews to make sure that they will do what you want, remembering that some of the bad reviews are by kids who can't do what they want to do ;) ):

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...details?id=com.kaspersky.pctrl&token=X8OVCTa0
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../apps/details?id=funamo.funamo&token=kwBMlR1T
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=com.symantec.familysafety&token=Bzd-qiUJ

Here is what worries me about these apps: if your son is savvy he may figure out that there is a way to factory reset the phone from the bootloader/recovery screen, set up the phone from scratch, and bypass the restriction.

So, I hate to suggest this, but you can try the parental control app solution but, if you find he's abusing it, go straight to Verizon and buy him a simple feature phone that cannot get on the web, gives you the assurance he has a phone but no way to abuse the internet. Or, exchange it for an iPhone, which has built-in parental controls of a sort that will not be disableable (unless he guesses your passcode.) See https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201304

Is there a way to uninstall Chrome? I know I can disable it, but he isn't stupid so I am sure he would figure out how to enable it.

Unfortunately, there are many free browser apps in the Play Store.

John Crafton

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Best way to do it is get him an old-school feature phone, rather than a smart phone. As for blocking access, there are some phones made for people that want their kids to only have a select few contacts (including emergency numbers), and those contacts are programmed and locked-in by the parent. Such phones are helpful if you really want to limit your son's usage.

That said, for an Android phone, you're going to be limited to 3rd-party apps. If your son is capable of figuring out how to enable a previously-disabled app or feature, he'll likely be able to figure his way out of many of those 3rd-party apps.

dougdraws

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I have the Droid Turbo and I just installed Go Lancher Z. I got this launcher because it allows me to change the grid size on my home screen, but there's a problem. Does anyone know how to get rid of that black bar at the bottom? As you can see it hides the icons on the bottom and it's kind of annoying.

Thanks.

mototurbo.png

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I have the Droid Turbo and I just installed Go Lancher Z. I got this launcher because it allows me to change the grid size on my home screen, but there's a problem. Does anyone know how to get rid of that black bar at the bottom? As you can see it hides the icons on the bottom and it's kind of annoying.

Yes. Settings / display - turn on "Use long press for menu". (Those three dots are the overflow menu, which you would access by long-pressing the rightmost hardware button, the task button, after turning that option on.)

Just FYI, Go Launcher is made by a Chinese company, and there are rumors (probably unfounded) that they are collecting data from users. There are plenty of launchers that allow you to specify the grid size, some of them paid apps, but I think most are worth the price - Nova Launcher, Action Launcher, Apex Launcher. Nova and Apex have free versions that I believe allow you to specify the grid.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital