We've got the DROID TURBO. Got questions? Ask us!

CharlieL3

Banned
Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
Re: Just got the Turbo an hour ago..

I had a ballistic nylon briefcase from Lands' End that I used for 10 years, and is still used to carry things I need in the yard. I got a larger briefcase (the reason I stopped using the Lands End briefcase) from Tom Bihn made of ballistic nylon, and it looks as good now as it did when I bought it about 15 years ago. I don't think the Turbo is going to show much wear at all.

bluesboss2

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Just got the Turbo an hour ago..

I just made my first call and with maximum volume it was still pretty low. This was the same problem on my 2nd gen Moto X so I just disabled audio effects and that did the trick.

Sent Turbo fast from my 64GB Droid Turbo

How do you disable audio effects, and how does it affect the quality of the sound?

Bob Maida

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Recently loaded few hundred songs from old phone..But now want to delete those songs from phone and hook up to computer
for it's songs..How do I do both? TIA...Bob

InfiniteClouds

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Probably not limited to the Turbo but, in the Messaging App, when scrolling a little bar shows your 'place' on the left side of the screen - as in how far you have to scroll up or down but I can't seem to GRAB it in order to fast scroll. Is there something I'm missing?

Andre Vovan

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: Just Picked Up a Droid Turbo

I got the 64G nylon back. Having wifi issue at work network. after entering the correct crendential, it does not pick up the IP address or signs in. Only said it is saved and secured with 801.x. Can sign in to home secure network. Is it the antenna?

hemiguy37

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site

Just noticed I can't install the Redbox App on the Turbo. I had it on my Maxx, seems weird. Anyone else have any apps that aren't available on the Turbo that were on the Maxx?

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

Just noticed I can't install the Redbox App on the Turbo. I had it on my Maxx, seems weird. Anyone else have any apps that aren't available on the Turbo that were on the Maxx?
I have the same issue - I think it's a glitch involving RedBox, not the phone. I see other phones running 4.4.4 Kitkat with the same problem. I called RedBox & complained suggest you do the same.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

Assassin's Creed: Pirates is the only one that doesn't work so far.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

whtchdr

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Audio quality through earphones

Hi,
could you tell me something about the audio quality of the turbo? (compared to the maxx, for example)

The only reason I am leaning towards the Z3 is its DAC and relatively (for a phone) high music quality.

I know it is a bit complex, as the earphones and the music source play significant roles in the end result, ie the music listening experience.

I am not too satisfied with this on my maxx. Not even with good earphones and quality flac files.
Based on my experience, htc one m8 and iPhone 5s have been on the top of the chart in this respect, now joined by z3.

Thanks

The Turbo has relatively weak audio output through the headphone jack. Less than .5 watts. However, most of Samsungs phones also output about .5 watts. The iPhone and M8 are closer to a full watt.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
could you tell me something about the audio quality of the turbo? (compared to the maxx, for example)

The only reason I am leaning towards the Z3 is its DAC and relatively (for a phone) high music quality.

I know it is a bit complex, as the earphones and the music source play significant roles in the end result, ie the music listening experience.

I am not too satisfied with this on my maxx. Not even with good earphones and quality flac files.
Based on my experience, htc one m8 and iPhone 5s have been on the top of the chart in this respect, now joined by z3.

Thanks

I watched an episode of Band of Brothers with my high quality TDK EB900 ear buds last night and was very impressed, especially with the atmospheric sounds, and could even detect the difference of their conversation when they walked from outside into a wooden floor house. Very impressed with sound level for such a supposedly weak output.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
As for appas not compatible it has to do with the QHD display. I had the is issue with my G3 and the Note 4. As apps get updates for it the problem will be gone. Nothing to worry about.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I have a question about the Turbo charger and whether it is okay to charge overnight.

I charge my phone every night while I'm sleeping. If I understand correctly, the fast charging is not activated if the phone has less than 50% battery remaining when put on the charger. And if the phone has less than 50% remaining when put on the charger, then it will fast charge until 50%, but then slow to a normal charge. This would seem to make it safe to continue charging overnight using the Turbo charger that came in the box. Do you all agree?

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
I have a question about the Turbo charger and whether it is okay to charge overnight.

I charge my phone every night while I'm sleeping. If I understand correctly, the fast charging is not activated if the phone has less than 50% battery remaining when put on the charger. And if the phone has less than 50% remaining when put on the charger, then it will fast charge until 50%, but then slow to a normal charge. This would seem to make it safe to continue charging overnight using the Turbo charger that came in the box. Do you all agree?

That is the Motorola statement as I understand it.

Do we all agree? Surely you jest. I am not sure everyone on here would agree the sun comes up in the east.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
How do you get to Task Manager on this device? For the life of me, I can't find it. On my old S3 you would long press the Home button and be presented with choices to view active apps, RAM manager and to Clear defaults.

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue - I think it's a glitch involving RedBox, not the phone. I see other phones running 4.4.4 Kitkat with the same problem. I called RedBox & complained suggest you do the same.

I siedloaded Redbox. Works fine.

How do you get to Task Manager on this device? For the life of me, I can't find it. On my old S3 you would long press the Home button and be presented with choices to view active apps, RAM manager and to Clear defaults.

The button to the right of home.

Last edited by a moderator:

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
The button to the right of home.

That button shows you your recently used apps, but it doesn't have the "clear defaults" and RAM manager like other devices have. I have always had Samsung phones before, so I'm having some issues finding familiar settings with Moto.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21