01-25-2017 07:03 PM
318 12345 ...
tools
    I got the 64G nylon back. Having wifi issue at work network. after entering the correct crendential, it does not pick up the IP address or signs in. Only said it is saved and secured with 801.x. Can sign in to home secure network. Is it the antenna?
    10-31-2014 09:45 PM
    Just noticed I can't install the Redbox App on the Turbo. I had it on my Maxx, seems weird. Anyone else have any apps that aren't available on the Turbo that were on the Maxx?
    11-01-2014 01:35 PM
    Just noticed I can't install the Redbox App on the Turbo. I had it on my Maxx, seems weird. Anyone else have any apps that aren't available on the Turbo that were on the Maxx?
    I have the same issue - I think it's a glitch involving RedBox, not the phone. I see other phones running 4.4.4 Kitkat with the same problem. I called RedBox & complained suggest you do the same.
    11-01-2014 02:10 PM
    Assassin's Creed: Pirates is the only one that doesn't work so far.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo
    11-01-2014 05:49 PM
    Hi,
    could you tell me something about the audio quality of the turbo? (compared to the maxx, for example)

The only reason I am leaning towards the Z3 is its DAC and relatively (for a phone) high music quality.

I know it is a bit complex, as the earphones and the music source play significant roles in the end result, ie the music listening experience.

I am not too satisfied with this on my maxx. Not even with good earphones and quality flac files.
    Based on my experience, htc one m8 and iPhone 5s have been on the top of the chart in this respect, now joined by z3.

Thanks
    The Turbo has relatively weak audio output through the headphone jack. Less than .5 watts. However, most of Samsungs phones also output about .5 watts. The iPhone and M8 are closer to a full watt.
    11-01-2014 06:06 PM
    Hi,
    could you tell me something about the audio quality of the turbo? (compared to the maxx, for example)

The only reason I am leaning towards the Z3 is its DAC and relatively (for a phone) high music quality.

I know it is a bit complex, as the earphones and the music source play significant roles in the end result, ie the music listening experience.

I am not too satisfied with this on my maxx. Not even with good earphones and quality flac files.
    Based on my experience, htc one m8 and iPhone 5s have been on the top of the chart in this respect, now joined by z3.

Thanks
    I watched an episode of Band of Brothers with my high quality TDK EB900 ear buds last night and was very impressed, especially with the atmospheric sounds, and could even detect the difference of their conversation when they walked from outside into a wooden floor house. Very impressed with sound level for such a supposedly weak output.

11-01-2014 07:35 PM
    As for appas not compatible it has to do with the QHD display. I had the is issue with my G3 and the Note 4. As apps get updates for it the problem will be gone. Nothing to worry about.
    11-01-2014 08:12 PM
    Does the Turbo have Battery saver mode like the Maxx?
    11-02-2014 01:10 AM
    I have a question about the Turbo charger and whether it is okay to charge overnight.

I charge my phone every night while I'm sleeping. If I understand correctly, the fast charging is not activated if the phone has less than 50% battery remaining when put on the charger. And if the phone has less than 50% remaining when put on the charger, then it will fast charge until 50%, but then slow to a normal charge. This would seem to make it safe to continue charging overnight using the Turbo charger that came in the box. Do you all agree?
    11-02-2014 07:40 AM
    I have a question about the Turbo charger and whether it is okay to charge overnight.

I charge my phone every night while I'm sleeping. If I understand correctly, the fast charging is not activated if the phone has less than 50% battery remaining when put on the charger. And if the phone has less than 50% remaining when put on the charger, then it will fast charge until 50%, but then slow to a normal charge. This would seem to make it safe to continue charging overnight using the Turbo charger that came in the box. Do you all agree?
    That is the Motorola statement as I understand it.

Do we all agree? Surely you jest. I am not sure everyone on here would agree the sun comes up in the east.
    11-02-2014 08:01 AM
    How do you get to Task Manager on this device? For the life of me, I can't find it. On my old S3 you would long press the Home button and be presented with choices to view active apps, RAM manager and to Clear defaults.
    11-02-2014 01:19 PM
    I have the same issue - I think it's a glitch involving RedBox, not the phone. I see other phones running 4.4.4 Kitkat with the same problem. I called RedBox & complained suggest you do the same.
    I siedloaded Redbox. Works fine.
    11-03-2014 04:07 PM
    How do you get to Task Manager on this device? For the life of me, I can't find it. On my old S3 you would long press the Home button and be presented with choices to view active apps, RAM manager and to Clear defaults.
    The button to the right of home.
    11-03-2014 04:08 PM
    The button to the right of home.
    That button shows you your recently used apps, but it doesn't have the "clear defaults" and RAM manager like other devices have. I have always had Samsung phones before, so I'm having some issues finding familiar settings with Moto.
    11-03-2014 06:34 PM
    Ahhh...sorry.
    11-03-2014 06:38 PM
    TW pulls native Android features together into groups for 'ease of use'. I was amazed at the various places to find a specific setting. Says something when they have a search function specific to the setting area on TW. There are going to be some Samsung things for which you will never find a match on the Turbo. But discover after a long search can be so rewarding - just ask Chris Columbus
    11-03-2014 06:45 PM
    how is the in ear audio quality???
    11-03-2014 08:18 PM
    I haven't been able to fit it into my ear yet, but I'm working on it.

Seriously though, is pretty darn good. BT is even better.

11-03-2014 09:25 PM
    I guess it depends on the individuals ear. I find that using the phone I have to line it up just right with my ear or else the sound is much harder to hear. I'd say volume on the Turbo is not as loud as my two other phones. However, I rarely use the phone as I prefer my BT headset and it's volume levels are good. That's for volume. As for quality of the audio, it's fine for me.
    11-04-2014 07:27 AM
    How is the bluetooth working? Has anyone paired their phone with their car's phone control and if so is it working well?
    11-04-2014 07:51 AM
    I have it set up with my Ford Sync in my Fusion and it works perfectly.
    DrGonzo48 likes this.
    11-04-2014 08:56 AM
    Firedogee or anyone: Is that 64 GB model available? The 32 is easy to find.
    11-04-2014 10:35 AM
    Firedogee or anyone: Is that 64 GB model available? The 32 is easy to find.
    When I bought mine at the local VZW store on Thursday I was the 2nd in line and the guy in front of me was also buying the 64gb. So I know they had at least 2 on launch day. Is your local store out if them?

PS. You can also buy 64GB from VZW website and choose pick up in store and they will hold the phone for you at the store you select. This is what I did.

Robert Jordan1 likes this.
    11-04-2014 11:06 AM
    Will call the local V store, the website only links the 32 in either color. Perhaps it is the wrong time of the week for the 64 to be in
    stock. Thanks for the reply.
    11-04-2014 12:02 PM
    I recall taking a call last week about 20 minutes after getting the phone charged up and was surprised how much clearer the sound was than my old Moto flip phone and how, not having used a smartphone before, just placing it to my ear found the sweet spot without issue. Later I would test it with my Jawbone BT earbud and have equally good results. I also stream music to my Jawbone occasionally. No complaints here with sounds, so far.
    11-04-2014 12:58 PM
318 12345 ...