We've got the DROID TURBO. Got questions? Ask us!

apcman

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: Just got the Turbo an hour ago..

Do the capacitive buttons work on the first tap or so you really have to push/double tap them to get them tow work.

Posted via Android Central App

Busted51

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site

What do you think about the speaker?
I have one, and not sure if I like it

The headset speaker does sound a bit quiet but I'm not sure if its detecting background noise and adjusting accordingly.. I'm going to post a few pictures in a minute.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

The headset speaker does sound a bit quiet but I'm not sure if its detecting background noise and adjusting accordingly.. I'm going to post a few pictures in a minute.

I just made my first call and with maximum volume it was still pretty low. This was the same problem on my 2nd gen Moto X so I just disabled audio effects and that did the trick.

Sent Turbo fast from my 64GB Droid Turbo

Busted51

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site

I just hope google services and the weather app doesn't kill the battery.. The phone seems to sleep very well so far.

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Just Picked Up a Droid Turbo

Picked up the 32gb Ballistic Nylon flavor. I am in love. The back has no Verizon logo! All it has is a metal Droid logo etched into the fiber, and another "M" Motorola logo. Very clean. I noticed that the BN variant has a darker frame on the front, opposed to a more metallic frame on the MGF versions that pronounce the bottom "chin" (as it has been called) more. The BN front blends much nicer imo. After firing it up I was prompted to install a 25 mb update.

I will be creating a thread later for App Disabling for those who want a more minimalistic and lean experience.

Cheers!

spunkmeijer

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: Just Picked Up a Droid Turbo

I got my Ballistic Nylon in the 64gb and it is my first phone ever from Verizon that did not have their logo pasted on it, but they get you back when you actually turn on the phone with their bloatware lol. I turned most of it off to get a true stock android feel.

Cyder

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

Which backing did you get? I just played around one at the store and I'm getting more and more Attached to the nylon. Wonder how well it will hold up to everyday wear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Symthic

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site

Never had a problem with Verizon logos. Of all the cell companies to brand their phones as such, Verizon would be my preference. AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint have far less appealing logos.

xoomer1

May 6, 2011
Visit site
same here, there was like 10 people ahead of me getting the turbo, when I got mine, she only had like 10 or 15 left in the drawer

there is also a update available for the phone, so go to updates and select update

Last edited by a moderator:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Never had a problem with Verizon logos. Of all the cell companies to brand their phones as such, Verizon would be my preference. AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint have far less appealing logos.

People need to get over the logo thing, ESPECIALLY ON THE DROID LINE, since it's Verizon's own line of devices.

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

Question: A friend of mine told me that the "Turbo Charging" may not be good for the phone's battery. It got me thinking if it is okay to use it regularly, or just in case of emergency. Does allowing the phone to charge that fast damage the battery in any way?

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Question for all -- how do I adjust my active display settings? On the Droid Maxx, there was a setting where I could check (or uncheck) all of the apps I wanted or didn't want to show up in my active display. I am not seeing that on the Turbo.

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Question for all -- how do I adjust my active display settings? On the Droid Maxx, there was a setting where I could check (or uncheck) all of the apps I wanted or didn't want to show up in my active display. I am not seeing that on the Turbo.

That setting, as well as the always listening, and others are under the "Moto" option in the settings menu.