We've got the DROID TURBO. Got questions? Ask us!

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Will there be a Developer Edition? ??????

Very good question. I was concerned I wouldn't be able to Root/Rom the Droid Maxx when I first got it. Then to my surprise, I realized that I had almost no reason to do so after seeing how stock-like it was and how fast the updates hit.

ghbishop

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: Just Picked Up a Droid Turbo

Agreed - I got the 32g BN too and the blend was the first thing I noticed looking at it in the store.

rigg

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Just Picked Up a Droid Turbo

When I hit the little microphone icon in the Google search bar at the top of the screen, it asks me "Complete Action Using"
1) Google
2) Moto Voice

Which should I select?

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm feeling very dumb right now, but I don't see a Moto option in settings. Is it called something else? Or something similar? I only see Motorola Privacy and Motorola ID.

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm feeling very dumb right now, but I don't see a Moto option in settings. Is it called something else? Or something similar? I only see Motorola Privacy and Motorola ID.

its under the Device headline, which is the second heading, if you count Wireless & Networks as being first

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, here is my device headline in settings. I don't see it?
Maybe you need to do the Motorola setup still? Try and run setup again.

If anyone is wondering how fast the WiFi can go (I'm on AC technology) well here you go.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo[/QUOTE]
055c0f9d717abdc4b8732d9cd3ae5b42.jpg

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

Last edited by a moderator:

AndroidIsMyThing

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I read something about getting a minimum $100 off on the turbo with any functioning smartphone. Will Verizon accept a phone with a small corner of glass chipped off but that still boots?

Xelios

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I read something about getting a minimum $100 off on the turbo with any functioning smartphone. Will Verizon accept a phone with a small corner of glass chipped off but that still boots?

They did with me. Didn't give me a single issue about it. As long as it boots was what I was told there.

Bill Fugle

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
1901MADISON, Click on apps, click on moto, click on the little settings icon up in the corner, brings up screen with assist, actions, voice, display. Click on display, second choice is select apps. Hope this helps. I'm still learning myself, love it so far.

Xelios

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
What all of the bloat are you guys disabling? Specifically all the VZW junk....thanks

I've taken out the amazon stuff, audible, cloud, familybase, google hindi/pinyin/korean stuff, help, message+, myinfozone, my verizon mobile, nfl mobile, slacker, verizon location agent, verizon support and protect, and VZ Navigator.

adam 968

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Audio quality through earphones

Hi,
could you tell me something about the audio quality of the turbo? (compared to the maxx, for example)

The only reason I am leaning towards the Z3 is its DAC and relatively (for a phone) high music quality.

I know it is a bit complex, as the earphones and the music source play significant roles in the end result, ie the music listening experience.

I am not too satisfied with this on my maxx. Not even with good earphones and quality flac files.
Based on my experience, htc one m8 and iPhone 5s have been on the top of the chart in this respect, now joined by z3.

Thanks

EngineerGuy

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Audio quality through earphones

Dumb question, but is there a shortcut that I'm missing to put the phone into the vibrate or silence setting? The Razr had a slide out drawer off of the home screen which was handy for this task, along with toggling WiFi.

Thanks.

fonger13

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Audio quality through earphones

How's the brightness on this phone? Can it be used out door on sunny day?

I read a review on on another site that stated the NIT for the turbo is only 250. That's really weak if it's true.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
1901MADISON, Click on apps, click on moto, click on the little settings icon up in the corner, brings up screen with assist, actions, voice, display. Click on display, second choice is select apps. Hope this helps. I'm still learning myself, love it so far.

Got it, thanks!