We've got the DROID TURBO. Got questions? Ask us!

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
TW pulls native Android features together into groups for 'ease of use'. I was amazed at the various places to find a specific setting. Says something when they have a search function specific to the setting area on TW. There are going to be some Samsung things for which you will never find a match on the Turbo. But discover after a long search can be so rewarding - just ask Chris Columbus

Rogus

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Just Picked Up a Droid Turbo

how is the in ear audio quality???
I guess it depends on the individuals ear. I find that using the phone I have to line it up just right with my ear or else the sound is much harder to hear. I'd say volume on the Turbo is not as loud as my two other phones. However, I rarely use the phone as I prefer my BT headset and it's volume levels are good. That's for volume. As for quality of the audio, it's fine for me.

DrGonzo48

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

How is the bluetooth working? Has anyone paired their phone with their car's phone control and if so is it working well?

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site

I have it set up with my Ford Sync in my Fusion and it works perfectly.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Firedogee or anyone: Is that 64 GB model available? The 32 is easy to find.

When I bought mine at the local VZW store on Thursday I was the 2nd in line and the guy in front of me was also buying the 64gb. So I know they had at least 2 on launch day. Is your local store out if them?

PS. You can also buy 64GB from VZW website and choose pick up in store and they will hold the phone for you at the store you select. This is what I did.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

Robert Jordan1

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Will call the local V store, the website only links the 32 in either color. Perhaps it is the wrong time of the week for the 64 to be in
stock. Thanks for the reply.

camachinist

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

how is the in ear audio quality???

I recall taking a call last week about 20 minutes after getting the phone charged up and was surprised how much clearer the sound was than my old Moto flip phone and how, not having used a smartphone before, just placing it to my ear found the sweet spot without issue. Later I would test it with my Jawbone BT earbud and have equally good results. I also stream music to my Jawbone occasionally. No complaints here with sounds, so far.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Will call the local V store, the website only links the 32 in either color. Perhaps it is the wrong time of the week for the 64 to be in
stock. Thanks for the reply.

You have to make sure to look under the BN (ballistic nylon) black only Droid Turbo and then there's a pull-down menu to select 32 or 64. In case you didn't try that, you may already have.

camachinist

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, there's two separate Turbo listings on the VZW sales portal. That's different from when I upgraded my phone last week. The first listing is the 'regular' Turbo and the second is the 'ballistic nylon' Turbo. On the details page for the BN, one select either 32 or 64GB from the right drop down menu. It's currently showing as available and the new cheaper ME data plans are also showing.

camachinist

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I used an old iPod earbud set last night when listening to some YouTube music videos and Amazon streaming music and, once I dismissed the warning screen about damaging my ears, it got pretty loud. Perhaps those old earbuds have lower impedance, IDK.

ssart

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to figure out how to delete all the messages in email "Trash". I can swipe them individually, but I now have over 700 in the Trash. May just be me, but I cannot find an option to "Select All" to delete. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
If I am coming from a Moto X and a Droid Maxx, is the easiest way to transfer everything to use the Migrate app?

Migrate works well. A more advanced way would be to plug into a computer via USB and copy all of the folders to desktop, then replace folders on new phone. I didn't even use Migrate this time around. Contacts are transferred as soon as you add your Google account, as well as stored WiFi passwords. I used Google calendar instead of my phone's calendar, which synced when I installed it on my Turbo. Texts, I use SMS Backup & Restore which spits out a file that can be viewed in HTML format or used to restore texts on a new phone, same with call logs. That leaves pictures. I have been using Google+ auto backup set to WiFi only, so all of my pictures are saved to my Google account, and an easy way to view this is via the "Photos" app.

It depends what type of information you're looking to bring over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12