We've got the DROID TURBO. Got questions? Ask us!

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Can someone tell me how to take a screen capture? I tried power and volume down but isn't working. Thanks!

If you press them at exactly the same time it should do the trick... Unless you've still got the plastic on your screen.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

hctagalong

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
On the Moto Command Center widget -- what is the bar above the weather represent? I've searched and haven't found a description of what that shows...

Thanks!

camachinist

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
On the Moto Command Center widget -- what is the bar above the weather represent? I've searched and haven't found a description of what that shows...

Thanks!

If you're talking about the rainbow bar, I don't think it does anything but rather illustrates the colors of sunlight relevant to the weather widget. I have noticed that the weather pages seem to color coordinate to sun (orange), clouds (green) and rain (blue) but don't know if that's coincidence or by design.

Regarding the screenshot stuff mentioned prior, here's the Motorola tutorial:

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/89269

I did notice it was a bit more difficult to take them with the phone in the Otterbox Defender case than naked. Perhaps, if no joy on this, try re-booting the phone and see what happens.

beeztrain

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
If anyone has any questions, I'll try to help..

No mhl or slim port capability? Why? And no Facebook contacts sync with the ability to link contacts? I could do all of this on my DNA. So far I'm not impressed with this phone. Just sucks I early upgraded and now my DNA is gone...

Posted via the Android Central App

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to figure out how to delete all the messages in email "Trash". I can swipe them individually, but I now have over 700 in the Trash. May just be me, but I cannot find an option to "Select All" to delete. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

I had the same issue just today and had to delete them all one by one. I'm using the stock email app and in the trash folder there is no way to select all of them. Very frustrating.

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Where is this red stripe coming from under the Droid logo on the BN back phones? Is that exclusive to the 64gb model?

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
And no Facebook contacts sync with the ability to link contacts? I could do all of this on my DNA.

I miss that about HTC Sense. I use Sync.ME to get Contact photos from Facebook. Another app I haven't tried I think is called Uber Sync .

Sent from my Moto X

eewwyeah

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm not seeing the message count on the e-mail or messaging icon. did I turn something off when I disabled all (almost) my apps?

*edit -- stock launcher, stock messaging app, gmail/e-mail

found this in another thread . . .

doogald
The number that is placed on the icon is actually placed by an app called "Badger". You can't clear data from that app, but if you go into settings / apps and choose Badger, look to see if show notifications is unchecked. You could also try force stopping the app and restarting the phone.

thank you, doogald!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

James Mallory

May 6, 2013
Visit site
my battery life isnt good. Im at 13hrs with 3 hours of screen on time and 32% left. I have the moto assist disabled.The attentive display. The brightness is set to low, the wifi is the only thing thats connected, and the gps is disabled. I've let it discharge completely twice. once when i first got it and another a couple of nights ago but i just cant seem to get good battery life. any advice

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I used it on occasion and it works very quickly. Predominately I use the wireless charging both beside the bed and in the car. That works amazing.

On the Droid Command Center widget, does anyone know what the top arc is for? The sun or moon is positioned at some angle of the arc, and there is a color bar also on the arc. I evaluated the angle of the body in the sky, the temperature against the min and max, and they don't line up with the placement on the arc. Anyone have any other clues?

I have it paired to my Scion tC and it is working amazing. My Galaxy S3 worked but had slowed in the Bluetooth transfer speed and audio playback via Bluetooth. It sounded like a dragging cassette tape.

You have to hold them for 3 seconds I think.

Go into the Gmail account on a computer in your browser and there are options to delete all.

Last edited by a moderator:

JKOD

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: Just Picked Up a Droid Turbo

How can I add the "DROID" alert to my turbo. It doesn't seem to be an option anymore under sounds. Can I do it another way? Appreciate any feedback

Tommy Kledecki

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: Just Picked Up a Droid Turbo

Hi. I have 2 questions.

How does this phone behave abroad? Does any of you have it and use it with a foreign carrier's SIM card?
I'm referring to my Droid RAZR Maxx HD I use in Europe with my carrier's SIM. It was screwed after the 4.4.2 update because Fast Dormancy Monitor caused extremely high battery drain and the issue has not been resolved till today (well, I went back to 4.1.2 and don't have this issue anymore).

Second question: What about tethering? Is it still locked to Verizon like RAZR Maxx HD or is free to set like in retail versions of Moto X or G?

Thank you for answers in advance.

Rogus

May 1, 2012
Visit site
They aren't talking about a Gmail account, but the stock email app. There is no way to empty trash using the stock email app other than selecting them one by one. It's a common complaint, one that many have requested be changed and a royal pain to us who use it.

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
They aren't talking about a Gmail account, but the stock email app. There is no way to empty trash using the stock email app other than selecting them one by one. It's a common complaint, one that many have requested be changed and a royal pain to us who use it.
This is a real PITA omission. I can't fathom why they removed this feature. For that matter, why has the ability to only download the emails once? Previously, the app would only download only new messages whether or not a copy was left on the server. Now, it will dump the entire server every time you check the account even if, some were downloaded previously. On my accounts, I do not even have a way to clear the server via the app.

beeztrain

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I miss that about HTC Sense. I use Sync.ME to get Contact photos from Facebook. Another app I haven't tried I think is called Uber Sync .

Sent from my Moto X

I'll try the first one. Ubersync just duplicated all my contacts

Posted via the Android Central App

S4Rs

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone had trouble uploading pics to any social networks? Facebook, twitter, instagram, Google Hangouts and snapchat are my concern. I am disappointed the motorola camera doesn't have an option to save pictures at more size friendly 10 or 13 mpix. Has anyone had any issues? How is Google+ handling the photos?