We've got the DROID TURBO. Got questions? Ask us!

Fable

Android Rules
Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone had trouble uploading pics to any social networks? Facebook, twitter, instagram, Google Hangouts and snapchat are my concern. I am disappointed the motorola camera doesn't have an option to save pictures at more size friendly 10 or 13 mpix. Has anyone had any issues? How is Google+ handling the photos?

I can't speak for Google+ (Can't get friends to move to it).. but haven't had any issues on Facebook, Twitter, or Android Central. Most sites will compress larger pictures anyway.

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Facebook resizes large pictures to the max size they allow - I forget the exact size. It was noted in an article I was reading about different places you could store copies of your photography.

dmmngs2

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
How do you know if you have a defective battery? . I've disabled most everything (all things under Moto are disabled as well as max amount of bloatware) , to include the command center widget. I do still have my kindle app and therefore the Amazon store. . I cannot for the life of me get more than 24hours out of the battery. . I am averaging 4-6hrs of SOT. Could that be the culprit? I'll post a screen shot of my battery after its lost its charge (I charged at around 1800 on Nov 10th)

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
How do you know if you have a defective battery? . I've disabled most everything (all things under Moto are disabled as well as max amount of bloatware) , to include the command center widget. I do still have my kindle app and therefore the Amazon store. . I cannot for the life of me get more than 24hours out of the battery. . I am averaging 4-6hrs of SOT. Could that be the culprit? I'll post a screen shot of my battery after its lost its charge (I charged at around 1800 on Nov 10th)
24 hours of continued usage is great. I use my phone aim day long for Gmail, chrome browser, Amazon, Netflix, and others. I get average 12 hours if I go from 6:30 AM to bedtime. I am used to sing a midday charge or charging in car but am trying to break that habit to see what the battery can truly do.

Note: over the course of a couple years the battery with decrease of you leave on a charger all the time 24/7.

Sent using my Verizon Turbo charged 64GB Ballistic Nylon phone unfortunately with a case on back

Phil Mcgovern

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know how to take a screen capture with the Droid Turbo? I tried the power / volume down but it doesn't seem to work. My phone just does a hard power off.

thanks

Michelle Grant1

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
on the vzw website, there is an option to go to ballistic nylon which is the only way the 64 gb is available

Really annoying problem. I just got the red turbo. Just set up the voice command to turn the phone on {using talk to me turbo. Lame I know}
It goes straight to google now instead of the device.

Last edited by a moderator:

zuproc

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Hello! I have a couple questions:

1) Will this work internationally (in Europe, Russia in particular)?

2) As I understand it, there isn't an option to take photos with a smaller resolution than 15mp or so. Does anyone know if a 3rd party camera will give this functionality?

3) Has anyone tried out the Turbo with the "Swipe Home Button" app for adding gesture functionality for swiping from capacitive home buttons (or another app that does something similar) and can tell me if it works. I like being able to pull down the notification tray using just one hand, and I used to use "Swipe Home Button" on my old Razr Maxx mainly for that purpose. Now I have an LG G2 where I can add additional nav bar buttons, which I wish was a part of stock android: I don't see any big advantages to on-screen keys vs. capacitive since most of the time you only get the same three options and can't change them.

Thank you!

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone had trouble uploading pics to any social networks? Facebook, twitter, instagram, Google Hangouts and snapchat are my concern. I am disappointed the motorola camera doesn't have an option to save pictures at more size friendly 10 or 13 mpix. Has anyone had any issues? How is Google+ handling the photos?

I haven't had a problem uploading to Instagram, Facebook, or Google+. I believe these programs compress automatically. I thought I would, but I haven't yet had a problem sending pictures via MMS.

The camera by default actually is set to a 16:9 Widescreen ratio which takes pictures at 15.5 MP. You can manually change it to "Standard" which is a 4:3 ratio and uses the entire 21 MP. This is interesting because most of the great pictures people are posting are probably the 16:9 ratio which isn't even utilizing the camera's full capabilities.

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
No. But you might get Lollipop. Rumor is Samsung will be pushing out Android 5.0 some time in December. So my SWAG would be Verizon and Motorola will at the worse try to match them.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone noticed a break-in period for the battery? How long does it take?
Mine took 3 complete charges and now its pretty good.

Does anyone think we will get lollypop before the end of the year?
I think thats going to be influenced by verizon more than google. I am grateful they are pushing it to the nexus 10 so I can play with it a little and get to know it before it comes to my phone.

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Mine took 3 complete charges and now its pretty good.

I think thats going to be influenced by verizon more than google. I am grateful they are pushing it to the nexus 10 so I can play with it a little and get to know it before it comes to my phone.
I plan to do the same on my Nexus 7 - should save at least some familiarity grief.

Adam Derbyshire

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
My brother works for verizon. im getting a droid turbo (employee edition) if that matters. Im also going to manila for a month or 2 soon. Im not interested in roaming or anything verizon offers. Im planning on getting a lte sim card out there and am wondering if I need to unlock my phone for the lte to work.

From my understanding I can use a local sim and have voice/sms fine without unlocking but what about data? I'd be ok with 3G.

The local carriers (Smart LTE uses 2100Mhz, 1800Mhz and 850MHz bands) and (Globe uses 1800mhz, 2500 and 2600).

my droid turbo says
2G Network-GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
CDMA 800 / 1900
3G Network HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
4G Network LTE 700 / 1700 / 1800 / 2100 / 2600 (Bands 2, 3, 4, 7, 13)

My question is what local carrier is best for at least 3G and do I have to have my droid turbo unlocked prior to going there to access at least 3G?

unlocking obviously voids the warranty when i get back. thanks

anon(5484072)

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Does keeping the original plastic on the phone screen affect anything?

Will the battery, signal, temperature, etc. be worse because I left the plastic on?

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Does keeping the original plastic on the phone screen affect anything?

Will the battery, signal, temperature, etc. be worse because I left the plastic on?

Are you serious? There is a running joke in this forum about the original plastic on the screen. The poor soul who was the start of it did indicate that the display improved significantly when it was removed. If you search, you can find all the other problems removing the original plastic solves. Removing it will eliminate world hunger and bring peace to the Ukraine.

Seriously you should always remove all the packing material.

anon(5484072)

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Are you serious? There is a running joke in this forum about the original plastic on the screen. The poor soul who was the start of it did indicate that the display improved significantly when it was removed. If you search, you can find all the other problems removing the original plastic solves. Removing it will eliminate world hunger and bring peace to the Ukraine.

Seriously you should always remove all the packing material.

LOL I must be out of the loop 😳

I've kept on that plastic, it makes for a nice screen protector.