We've got the DROID TURBO. Got questions? Ask us!

VooDooCC

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to change the volume of the vice read outs? For example if I say "what's up," it is really loud when it answers me.

Kimberly Gomez

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
What are the steps I need to go through to save or copy an image, slideshow or video to my phone for safe keeping? I had an iPhone before and you would just click on the pic and it gave you the option to share or copy image or print! HELP!!

RWinters49

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
My question is about photo organization. Is there a way, or a good app to organize photos in albums that you assign. I do not care if they stay in Gallery, but i just want more control. any help would be appreciated. Thanks, RWinters49

Rhyno81

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Does the Droid Turbo have Qi v1.2? Even Motorola support couldn't answer this for me. I'm hoping it's in the fine print of the manual somewhere. Does anyone know where to find a Qi v1.2 charging pad? I can't find a single product that lists it's Qi version but there are tons of articles discussing the versions.

Rhyno81

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
The trusted devices feature doesn't seem to work for me. I've got my car and my home computer set as trusted bluetooth devices but it doesn't keep my phone unlocked when I'm in range. I also can't find my way to the trusted sites list. It only comes up when I add a new bluetooth device on the phone.

VooDooCC

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
The trusted devices feature doesn't seem to work for me. I've got my car and my home computer set as trusted bluetooth devices but it doesn't keep my phone unlocked when I'm in range. I also can't find my way to the trusted sites list. It only comes up when I add a new bluetooth device on the phone.
Settings -> Security -> Trusted Devices

I didn't even get the option while pairing my car, had to go about it this way. Haven't checked to see if it works yet

Edit: can't get to this option if lock screen is swipe or none

Last edited:

Rhyno81

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I have a pattern lock. I got prompted for each device I added to include as a trusted device. When I turned on bluetooth in my car yesterday it even popped up a notice saying it would stay unlocked since it was connected to a trusted device. Even after saying that, it locked.

dangerwilrobinson

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
When I hit the owner contact icon in the drop down menu it says contact does not exist. How do I set this up? I'm coming over from an S3 and one of the best features was when you hit the volume button a volume bar appeared and you could tap on that to adjust any volume on your phone (ie, ringer, notification, system, etc). On the Turbo, it appears I have to go into settings, sounds, volumes every single time to adjust the different volumes in my phone. Help? Thanks!

bcrit

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I need someone to explain to me how to attach a screenshot too a post. I've asked it in various threads but no one ever responds. Thank you.

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
I need someone to explain to me how to attach a screenshot too a post. I've asked it in various threads but no one ever responds. Thank you.

I don't read these forums on my phone but I will bet it works about the same as on a computer. Click on the insert image icon in the list above - 7th from the right end. A panel pops up allowing you to select a image from computer [phone] or insert an URL. All you have to know is where you are storing your screenshots.

RJ_Butler

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Screenshot 2014-12-22 at 1.37.05 PM.png my cursor is on the attach image button. If you are using the app on your phone (which would be easier for attaching screenshots), there is a plus button beside the text entry box.

EDIT: My cursor didn't show up, but the popup stayed there. The little square box with the tree in it is the button.

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

Download the android forums app if that's not already how you're accessing the forums.

Reply to a thread on the forums, and once the field opens up to allow you to write, you can click the 3 dots on the top right like you can see in my photo.

Attachments

• 1419622219307.jpg
    1419622219307.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 28

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Navigation

Navigation does not work. Anything I should download? How to fix? I desperately need a GPS.
Google Maps is a great navigation app that should already be installed on your phone. Check your app tray for it. Also, you should check to see if you have Location on, by going to Settings/Location/Mode and then choose one of the choices. I always leave mine set to High accuracy.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I also had this question about how to block numbers when I first got the Turbo. When I had Samsung phones such as the S3, in the dialer there was a way to block a number and it would go to voice mail. I found the Turbo also has this, but you have to put the number in your contacts first, then go to settings and select "All calls to voicemail." This ends up doing the same thing, except I really don't like putting a number I want to block in my contacts. There may be 3rd party apps that do this. Also, you could go to the VZW website and totally block calls and texts from a specific number.

damnsmartphone

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
This is my first smartphone ever. I have so many questions.

First, I set up my voicemail by calling my phone number from my phone and went through the prompts. I had someone call me and leave a test voice message. I can call in and check it just fine. However, there is no indicator anywhere that I have a new message when I look at my screen. How can I get this? I don't want to sign up for Visual Voicemail. (It claims to be free, but when I hit the app to set it up it has all this stuff about billing.) All I want to do is see a message on my phone that I have a new voicemail or some little indicator somewhere that will tell me I have a voicemail.

Second question: I have a couple of messaging programs on my phone. Which one is the basic one? The green one called "Messaging?" Is Message+ the same as Verizon Messaging? Does it use extra data?

Third: Which apps that came standard on my phone are apps that I actually need to run the phone, and which ones are "fluff" or for things I would have to pay for?

Thank you!