We've got the DROID TURBO. Got questions? Ask us!

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
This is my first smartphone ever. I have so many questions.

Ah... I remember those days. I wanted to throw my smartphone against the wall. Once you get the hang of it you will love having it.

First, I set up my voicemail by calling my phone number from my phone and went through the prompts. I had someone call me and leave a test voice message. I can call in and check it just fine. However, there is no indicator anywhere that I have a new message when I look at my screen. How can I get this? I don't want to sign up for Visual Voicemail. (It claims to be free, but when I hit the app to set it up it has all this stuff about billing.) All I want to do is see a message on my phone that I have a new voicemail or some little indicator somewhere that will tell me I have a voicemail.

There should be a voice mail indicator icon in your notification area at top of the screen.

I highly recommend visual voicemail. Activate it and when it asks you if you want to use the paid version, decline. You may have to tell it two times you don't want the paid version.

Second question: I have a couple of messaging programs on my phone. Which one is the basic one? The green one called "Messaging?" Is Message+ the same as Verizon Messaging? Does it use extra data?

Messaging is the stock app. Messaging+ is Verizon's texting app. I've been using that and I'm liking it a lot. It shouldn't use extra data, but aren't you on an unlimited texting plan?

Third: Which apps that came standard on my phone are apps that I actually need to run the phone, and which ones are "fluff" or for things I would have to pay for?

Thank you!

Most apps that came on your phone should be free to use. If an app asks for a credit card number you can back out and don't use it.

ckbrinson

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
So just got my new Droid Turbo, Switched from the Note 3. On the Note when you save an attachment from an email, like a picture, it tells you where it's saved to. On the Turbo it just says saved. I can not find it anywhere. They aren't in gallery. I've connected to the computer and checked every folder and can't find the pictures I've saved. When I go back to the email and click on the pictures, it says in the left corner, saved. Can someone please enlighten me. Thanks

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
So just got my new Droid Turbo, Switched from the Note 3. On the Note when you save an attachment from an email, like a picture, it tells you where it's saved to. On the Turbo it just says saved. I can not find it anywhere. They aren't in gallery. I've connected to the computer and checked every folder and can't find the pictures I've saved. When I go back to the email and click on the pictures, it says in the left corner, saved. Can someone please enlighten me. Thanks

I don't have any to test right now, but I thought they ended in Downloaded

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

It is in the Downloads folder

Jorge T

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
When I delete emails from my pc on my old earthlink account (yes, I know nobody uses earthlink) it doesn't remove them from my Turbo. Not sure if I'm missing a setting or what but my old Droid DNA synced just fine. Any ideas?

joebenz

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking to upgrade to a Turbo but was wondering if a feature exists. On the Samsung GS3, I have a feature called "priority sender" where I can set a notification sound for any email that comes from an address that I specify. So even if I have email notifications at silent, I will still get a sound when it comes from that particular sender. Does the Turbo have a similar feature? Thanks!

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking to upgrade to a Turbo but was wondering if a feature exists. On the Samsung GS3, I have a feature called "priority sender" where I can set a notification sound for any email that comes from an address that I specify. So even if I have email notifications at silent, I will still get a sound when it comes from that particular sender. Does the Turbo have a similar feature? Thanks!

I've seen nothing on my Turbo that indicates it has a feature such as this.

rb02420

May 23, 2012
Visit site
Sorry if this was already asked. I can't figure out how to add emergency contact numbers to my droid turbo locked screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated

ScottMac737

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm considering the Turbo as my first motorola phone and have a question.
Does the Bluetooth still work with the head phone jack plugged in?
I do a lot of driving and I use the aux. jack for my audio and Bluetooth for phone calls.

Posted via the Android Central App

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm considering the Turbo as my first motorola phone and have a question.
Does the Bluetooth still work with the head phone jack plugged in?
I do a lot of driving and I use the aux. jack for my audio and Bluetooth for phone calls.

When you say you use the aux jack for your audio, do you mean you run a cable from your phone's headphone output to the aux in of your vehicle to listen to music, podcasts, or such?

ScottMac737

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
When you say you use the aux jack for your audio, do you mean you run a cable from your phone's headphone output to the aux in of your vehicle to listen to music, podcasts, or such?

Yes, exactly. My wife's S3 will not allow Bluetooth to connect when something is plugged in to the headphone jack.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes, exactly. My wife's S3 will not allow Bluetooth to connect when something is plugged in to the headphone jack.

Here's what I did. I have a 2012 Ford F150 with the Sync system.

0. Made sure Bluetooth was off on my phone.
1. Started vehicle.
2. Connected Turbo to Sync system using a patch cord from Turbo earphone jack to Aux in jack.
3. Selected Aux input on the F150's Sync system
4. Played and listened to music over vehicle's speakers.
5. Turned on my phone's Bluetooth.
6. Once it connected to my vehicle I could no longer hear music, so apparently the Bluetooth connection overrides the patch cord connection.

I then unplugged the patch cord and with the music player continuing to play, began to hear music via the bluetooth connection over my vehicle's speakers. I then commanded my vehicle via Ford Sync to dial a phone number, which it did, muting the music and connecting to my phone to complete the call.

Why don't you play music over your vehicle's speakers using the bluetooth? Do you have a kickin' stereo system and you believe that a direct wire connection would be best? Because the sound quality via bluetooth is much improved over previous years.

ScottMac737

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Here's what I did. I have a 2012 Ford F150 with the Sync system.

0. Made sure Bluetooth was off on my phone.
1. Started vehicle.
2. Connected Turbo to Sync system using a patch cord from Turbo earphone jack to Aux in jack.
3. Selected Aux input on the F150's Sync system
4. Played and listened to music over vehicle's speakers.
5. Turned on my phone's Bluetooth.
6. Once it connected to my vehicle I could no longer hear music, so apparently the Bluetooth connection overrides the patch cord connection.

I then unplugged the patch cord and with the music player continuing to play, began to hear music via the bluetooth connection over my vehicle's speakers. I then commanded my vehicle via Ford Sync to dial a phone number, which it did, muting the music and connecting to my phone to complete the call.

Why don't you play music over your vehicle's speakers using the bluetooth? Do you have a kickin' stereo system and you believe that a direct wire connection would be best? Because the sound quality via bluetooth is much improved over previous years.

The vehicle I'm driving is company owned and the stereo doesn't have Bluetooth. I'm using a Bluetooth headset for phone calls. Sorry I wasn't clear about that.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek