We've got the DROID TURBO. Got questions? Ask us!

dougdraws

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Yes. Settings / display - turn on "Use long press for menu". (Those three dots are the overflow menu, which you would access by long-pressing the rightmost hardware button, the task button, after turning that option on.)

Awesome tip - thank you. I've noticed that the black bar seems to be a common asset on a lot of these apps (not just the one I had). I've been trying different launchers, but I haven't found one I like yet. I was kind of fond of APUS when I was using it on my Moto G, but it had no option for removing icons off the home screen.

DoktorJohn

May 15, 2015
Visit site
I got my Droid Turbo last Friday and I got it synced to my bluetooth in my Chevy Equinox and I can place calls but cannot stream the music. When I go to play it via the vehicle it shows its trying but nothing is playing. What do you think I can do to remedy this issue?

Lauren Reagan

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: Just Picked Up a Droid Turbo

Hi I just purchased a droid turbo, I am trying to find an app that corrects red eye, since the phone does not have a stock app!!??

John Crafton

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: Just Picked Up a Droid Turbo

There are a few 3rd-party apps for red-eye correction available at Google Play Store. The one I've been using is Photo Editor by Aviary. It's decent enough.

leehardballer12

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
My Droid Turbo has been burning through an entire charge in less than half a day. I've shut it down, then restarted which seems to help at the time, but the issue comes right back. Any suggestions on what to do. Love the phone, but can't have it lasting only 5hrs.

Posted via the Android Central App

John Crafton

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
My Droid Turbo has been burning through an entire charge in less than half a day. I've shut it down, then restarted which seems to help at the time, but the issue comes right back. Any suggestions on what to do. Love the phone, but can't have it lasting only 5hrs.

Posted via the Android Central App

Most often, this is the result of an app running in the background that leeches battery power. That phone shouldn't, by design, be getting such terrible battery life. I routinely get nearly two days on each charge, and I'll get a full day if I'm playing a lot of games/movies. That said, I hope you conditioned your battery properly according to the instructions. According to Verizon (https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...port/knowledge-base-117698/&token=0GuPB5M2):/

"For the first 3 charge cycles, fully charge the battery overnight and allow it to fully discharge before recharging (battery conditioning)."

Look on Google Play for one of the utilities that helps track which apps are running along with their CPU usage. You can then disable some of the apps to see if you can find one that's draining the battery. Be careful, though, because you don't want to disable anything needed by your phone or by the Android OS. If you do it one app at a time, it will take longer but will make it easier to find the issue.

Another possibility is that your battery or phone may have an issue. If you can't find an app that's draining your battery, you might want to take it in.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Li-ion batteries do not have to be conditioned; that advice from Verizon is outdated and unnecessary (it was only necessary for other types of batteries, like NiMH and NiCad, and Droid phones have never had them). But I agree with the rest of it.

Another cause for rapid battery drain is being in a location with a very poor mobile signal. You'd see the phone flipping from signal to no signal often in that case. I kind of doubt this is the case, though.

Mikey D_PhD

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Do you know if the Droid Turbo will work with a Micro SD, SD & USB reader? If so can you recommend one? Thanks.

I have a micromate reader for SD and microSD cards and it works just fine. It will also read usb drives. You have to have the correct cable and the drives have to be formatted as FAT32. It will not read cards or drives formatted as exFAT or NTFS.

Jocoldsumrall25

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm sure the answer is yes but I just want to confirm that the droid turbo does work with straight talk using the 4g LTE verizon sim out of the byop pack right? MOTO X 2ND GEN

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Is anybody mirroring Netflix on their Droid Turbo using Casting? I'm using Microsoft's Wireless Display Adaptor and I'm only getting audio,but no video. Works fine with YouTube and other movie sites though. Thanks!

dougdraws

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Happy 4th of July everyone!

I was wondering is there a way to go directly from the lock screen to the home screen? I hate having to swipe after the lock screen to get to the home screen. Seems like a useless step.

private hazzard

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
I am sick and ******* tired of the turbos ****ty camera. Every ******* time I try to take a picture its out of focus. When I put it back in focus it immediately leaves.

Where's an app that I can manually adjust the focus with a slider and then LOCK it. This also applies to movies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1