We've got the DROID TURBO. Got questions? Ask us!

utkgrad101

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Just Picked Up a Droid Turbo

I am coming off of an LG G2 and was able to play music off of the "hard drive" so to speak from the phone (NO Music Manger or whatever as it eats air time). I used the purple Music icon (or something like that).

But I cannot find ANYTHING like that on the Droid Turbo. I have downloaded music to the phone itself so I don't have to use airtime, but what do I use to actually play the music?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
The Google Play Music app, when you open it, has a menu control top left that slides open the settings panel. Right there you'll see a toggle that turns on "downloaded only". That will do it...

John Crafton

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
The Karate Chop flashlight works on mine post-Lollipop.

Happy 4th of July everyone!

I was wondering is there a way to go directly from the lock screen to the home screen? I hate having to swipe after the lock screen to get to the home screen. Seems like a useless step.

I assume you're using Lollipop (Android 5.1)? If so, the new lock screen allows you to swipe UP to go straight to your home screen.

Last edited by a moderator:

zen45

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
when I get a text message , how do I add that contact to my contacts ? ive got a bunch of text messages from friends I would like to add to "my contacts" the text messages are piling up I would like to delete them and keep my contacts. I have clicked all over the place and I find no add to contacts button. its probly rite in front of me but I don't see it !!

DeanaB

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site

Ok I'm not any kind of phone guru so I need serious help! I did the Lollipop update and now my phone keeps shutting down. When it boots it optimizes apps and then shuts off again and won't power back on. The only way I can get a response is to do a hard reset and the afer the DRoid displays for a min or so it goes right back off. I was able to get the menu to pull up and I cleared cache and did a factory reset. And so far nothing it won't do anything without me pressing the volume down and power keys. I have tried with it charging, I have tried with it not charging. (And although not a guru, the phone has 92% battery)

Any ideas?!?!?!?!?!?

dougdraws

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site

Have you tried clearing the system cache? I know you mentioned doing a factory reset, but give this one a try and see if it helps.

milo williamson

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Hey Guys and Girls out there on this wonderful form :)
I am wondering is there like a keyboard color settings also a phone settings, noticed the photos are like of white then black theme, is there a way how to change it to default?

Another question I have the Lollipop download and the little blue guy on the upper right hand corner, when i go to settings is annoying me, is there a way how to make it a profile photo? Thanks have a great day.

Ok, this is going to sound really bad/mean, but my son has this phone and he isn't "following the rules". So since we have had this discussion WAY TOO MANY TIMES with him we are looking for a solution. I DO NOT want him to be without the phone (it is brand new after all) but I don't want him misusing it either.

Is there a way to uninstall Chrome? I know I can disable it, but he isn't stupid so I am sure he would figure out how to enable it.

Is there a way to lock the contacts? What I mean is the contacts he has in there is ALL that he is allowed. No one else!

Is there a way to disable the data if that is simpler so that he can not download things he is not supposed to, stream music, etc? I don't want it disabled, I want it GONE. (I would like the option of reinstalling later IF he proves himself.)

I am open to suggestions of apps if this is what would work best and you can recommend any as I am sick of looking for them.

I know I seem like the crazy, controlling parent, but I AM paying for the bill.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Settings > Apps go then over to disable all of the apps : )

Three dot icon > contacts to apply newer info on the droid, super safe that way so anyone can go to the settings and call home : )

Last edited by a moderator:

saumacus

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site

Has anyone figured out what causes the microphone level during calls on Droid Turbo? To be more to the point, which app, as it seems to be a software problem (that is, the sound level in, say, Facebook Messenger or WatsApp is OK; the problem restricted only to actual phone calls).

zen45

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site

does any body know where pictures are stored other than DCIM or pictures ? I removed the pictures from the DCIM directory to my computer so now that directory is now empty also my pictures directory has only one picture in it that I put there , but when I go to gallery I see all the pictures I removed is there another file I should be looking for I would like to remove all pic's from the phone. thanks for any help .

DrAnnieB-E

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Great, I have one. I don't have/can't find a way to invite guests from the stock calendar. I've read through some forum discussions and all seem to redirect to Google calendar. For business purposes, I need to use Exchange. Any secrets to share?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Great, I have one. I don't have/can't find a way to invite guests from the stock calendar. I've read through some forum discussions and all seem to redirect to Google calendar. For business purposes, I need to use Exchange. Any secrets to share?
I'm not 100% sure if this app supports invitations via Exchange (I don't use Exchange, thankfully), but I suggest trying out the calendar app Sunrise (which is now owned by Microsoft, so I am betting that their Exchange support is excellent.)

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...id=am.sunrise.android.calendar&token=EZe4-WD0

zen45

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site

I also said pictures directory I guess you didn't read the whole message, does anybody else know where pictures are stored in the droid turbo other than DCIM or the PICTURES directory ? I deleted the pictures and the directories show empty but if I look at the gallery app they are still there !!

saumacus

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site

Oh... I guess I wasn't paying attention enough, sorry.
Look at the "Details" of a picture, it should have the whole path:
Screenshot_2015-08-20-20-58-16.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1