Impressed but screen left a lot to be desired.

darkestred

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Hope this isn't what the nexus 6 will look like. I couldn't pull the trigger on this bad boy. Really liked the feel in hand and smoothness of the phone but the reds look way over saturated and the screen seemed lifeless and bland. My g2 looked much more crisp and i wasn't expecting such a big difference, considering.

Curious if anyone else who has the phone is coming from the LG series or similar displays and what their view on this is.

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Hope this isn't what the nexus 6 will look like. I couldn't pull the trigger on this bad boy. Really liked the feel in hand and smoothness of the phone but the reds look way over saturated and the screen seemed lifeless and bland. My g2 looked much more crisp and i wasn't expecting such a big difference, considering.

Curious if anyone else who has the phone is coming from the LG series or similar displays and what their view on this is.

My brother has a G2, and used to criticize the screen on my Droid Maxx regularly. I agree, the IPS display is more natural and crisp. However, I am a huge fan of the black blacks of AMOLED and vibrant brights. On the Turbo, the white is a bit tinted, yellowish, or grainy, however you'd like to say it, but I feel this way bout the blacks on the G2, they're more grey. I was slightly disappointed at the screen quality, i'm not gonna lie. I expected a bit more from this talked about 600+ ppi screen. It isn't a deal breaker for me, but they could have done a better job. I remember Motorola's pentile matrix, I applaud them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool