Droid Turbo Home Screen Question

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I just got the turbo and man do I love this device. Coming from a Note 4 the UI is much more fluid.

My only question right now is I only have three screens/pages how to I add more?

How do I turn battery percentage on?

Busted51

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I tried putting a single icon on one screen, then i just drag a new icon to the next screen.. You cant have any blank screens in between.

Feldhege

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried doing a Pinch zoom (in)? I think that allows you to see all the home screens and add or remove any of them.

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
a couple other questions...

How do you choose a specific page to be your "home page" ?

The google search bar is floating above every page, can you change this and just insert the google search widget on the home page?

My "ok google" phrase isnt working, is it because i setup the moto app? How do i disable the moto app?

thanks!

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Can't disable the Google bar at top without changing Launcher apps. Not sure but I think Moto Voice overrides and uses Google Now behind the scenes so I'd recommending leaving Moto Voice as the default and just changing the Moto Voice phrase to whatever you like. This way you don't lose the additional commands that come with Moto Voice.

Sent Turbo fast from my 64GB Droid Turbo

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Can't disable the Google bar at top without changing Launcher apps. Not sure but I think Moto Voice overrides and uses Google Now behind the scenes so I'd recommending leaving Moto Voice as the default and just changing the Moto Voice phrase to whatever you like. This way you don't lose the additional commands that come with Moto Voice.

Thanks for the help, man. What about battery percentage and the dedicated home page?

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
a couple other questions...

How do you choose a specific page to be your "home page" ?

The google search bar is floating above every page, can you change this and just insert the google search widget on the home page?

My "ok google" phrase isnt working, is it because i setup the moto app? How do i disable the moto app?

thanks!

To set up Voice and "Ok Google" phrase. Go to Settings --> Moto (under device umbrella) --> Click Voice

yoshi351

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Sorry I was referencing the original post. Can you enable "battery percentage" ? to show the.. battery percentage. Also can you make a specific page your "home page" ?

Use command center widget. Shows battery percentage. BTW this phone is so sexy!

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 236.jpg
    236.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 379

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Sorry I was referencing the original post. Can you enable "battery percentage" ? to show the.. battery percentage. Also can you make a specific page your "home page" ?

I just tried to pinch home screen like previous droids and no dice. Couldn't add any additional screens or set a certain screen as the new home... Hmmmmm. Any ideas?

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I haven't "yet" run across anything in settings. I generally run the Apex Launcher and that would take care of that. Any other decent launcher would do the same, and probably provide a considerable amount of additional flexibility (like chancing icon pics and names, number of rows and columns, adding pages, adding context sensitive options to icons (app info, uninstall, edit, etc). I haven't installed an alternative launcher yet, but probably will before it's said and done, just because I liked the way my old phone was set up, and that will allow me to duplicate it.

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I haven't "yet" run across anything in settings. I generally run the Apex Launcher and that would take care of that. Any other decent launcher would do the same, and probably provide a considerable amount of additional flexibility (like chancing icon pics and names, number of rows and columns, adding pages, adding context sensitive options to icons (app info, uninstall, edit, etc). I haven't installed an alternative launcher yet, but probably will before it's said and done, just because I liked the way my old phone was set up, and that will allow me to duplicate it.

I'm a big fan of Nova, but it just feels wrong switching launchers so early :)

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm a big fan of Nova, but it just feels wrong switching launchers so early :)
I own that one too. I forget what it was exactly that eventually pushed me to Apex as my daily driver. Nothing wrong with Nova for sure though -- they've both been around a while too. I'm like you; I'd like to not need to go back to an alternate launcher, but I feel it coming on.

buenos

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Here's what I figured out so far....if you hold down on any screen...you get the home screen preview...
what ever screen is the furthest left is your home screen.... to add screen (only add to the right) you have to have at least one icon on each screen you add...so have two icons on screen....drag one icon all the way to the right off screen...will add new home screen...to add more add another icon...then drag to right.....to remove home screens remove all icons! also in home screen preview when adding widgets, you can slide widget to right and will add home screen too!.......seems silly but still great phone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol