Droid Turbo Home Screen Question

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I just tried to pinch home screen like previous droids and no dice. Couldn't add any additional screens or set a certain screen as the new home... Hmmmmm. Any ideas?

Sent Turbo fast from my 64GB Droid Turbo

If you drag any icon or widget to the far edge of a screen and hold it there, an additional screen will be created.

carhopper

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
You can disable the google toolbar at the top manually. Go to settings, apps, all, open google search, disable, reboot. The gray bar is gone, but it doesn't free up space. I did this because I don't like being forced to use pixels when every one of them uses energy on an OLED.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
You can disable the google toolbar at the top manually. Go to settings, apps, all, open google search, disable, reboot. The gray bar is gone, but it doesn't free up space. I did this because I don't like being forced to use pixels when every one of them uses energy on an OLED.

But doesn't this negate a big part of the Moto Voice functionality? Like searching the Web for anything?

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

EnvoyPV

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I apologize for coming late to the game, but I just got my Turbo last night, and after several searches I've been unable to find the answer to what the colorful top arc over the temperature indicates at the top of the command center widget is. Can anyone answer that?

Ggoblue

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I dumped the command widget and use "battery notifier".... Thats it top left of pic

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 5896.jpg
    5896.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 172

Jay Evans

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I went one step farther, no battery %!

I've found it's basically unnecessary with the Turbo. When the Battery icon gets down close to the bottom I realize I've only got a couple of hours of screen on time left before I need a charge! LOL

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I went one step farther, no battery %!

I've found it's basically unnecessary with the Turbo. When the Battery icon gets down close to the bottom I realize I've only got a couple of hours of screen on time left before I need a charge! LOL

Love this idea! #Freedom and #Serenity at Turbo speeds.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

cyberr8der

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I apologize for coming late to the game, but I just got my Turbo last night, and after several searches I've been unable to find the answer to what the colorful top arc over the temperature indicates at the top of the command center widget is. Can anyone answer that?
I've been wondering this same thing. Does anyone know?

Siendorf

May 26, 2010
Visit site

I to have been trying to figure this out.

Posted via the Android Central App

EnvoyPV

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Having lived with it a couple days now, and adding different cities, I think it's related to the daily temperature forecast for the given area: blue is cold, red is hot.

droidturbony

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
alright so Ive had the droid turbo for a while now and while I love this phone, there are parts that make no sense. Not sure if things were forgotten/not tested and will be added on future .

I was able to add a homepage but cant figure out how to delete one. you would think there would be a delete or remove icon clearly visable. all icons are off except for the google now which cant be removed.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
alright so Ive had the droid turbo for a while now and while I love this phone, there are parts that make no sense. Not sure if things were forgotten/not tested and will be added on future .

I was able to add a homepage but cant figure out how to delete one. you would think there would be a delete or remove icon clearly visable. all icons are off except for the google now which cant be removed.

You can't delete without a third party launcher like Apex, Nova, etc. Same thing with hiding apps in the drawer. You can move and re-arrange the home screen though - long press and drag/drop where you want. I personally like Nova so that solved the issues for me.

EDIT: I may have been wrong here - long press the home screen you want to delete and see if the "X" comes up to delete it.

droidturbony

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
You can't delete without a third party launcher like Apex, Nova, etc. Same thing with hiding apps in the drawer. You can move and re-arrange the home screen though - long press and drag/drop where you want. I personally like Nova so that solved the issues for me.

EDIT: I may have been wrong here - long press the home screen you want to delete and see if the "X" comes up to delete it.

Please tell me that is a joke. So I can add homepages with the stock android software(had 4 somehow created a 5th one that's empty) to delete this I need to download a 3rd party software? That makes zero sense and I can't see being the only way. That's why I think there are bugs or things not tested before they shipped.

And no long press does not bring an x

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Please tell me that is a joke. So I can add homepages with the stock android software(had 4 somehow created a 5th one that's empty) to delete this I need to download a 3rd party software? That makes zero sense and I can't see being the only way. That's why I think there are bugs or things not tested before they shipped.

And no long press does not bring an x

Nope, no joke. That's part of 4.4.4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance