11-17-2015 01:16 AM
62 123
tools
    I just got the turbo and man do I love this device. Coming from a Note 4 the UI is much more fluid.

My only question right now is I only have three screens/pages how to I add more?

How do I turn battery percentage on?
    tech_fan likes this.
    10-30-2014 01:49 PM
    I do not have the phone, but I can suggest the Nova Launcher
    dawghowse likes this.
    10-30-2014 01:51 PM
    I tried putting a single icon on one screen, then i just drag a new icon to the next screen.. You cant have any blank screens in between.
    Ry and tdizzel like this.
    10-30-2014 01:52 PM
    Have you tried doing a Pinch zoom (in)? I think that allows you to see all the home screens and add or remove any of them.
    10-30-2014 02:45 PM
    a couple other questions...

How do you choose a specific page to be your "home page" ?

The google search bar is floating above every page, can you change this and just insert the google search widget on the home page?

My "ok google" phrase isnt working, is it because i setup the moto app? How do i disable the moto app?

thanks!
    10-30-2014 02:53 PM
    Can't disable the Google bar at top without changing Launcher apps. Not sure but I think Moto Voice overrides and uses Google Now behind the scenes so I'd recommending leaving Moto Voice as the default and just changing the Moto Voice phrase to whatever you like. This way you don't lose the additional commands that come with Moto Voice.

Sent Turbo fast from my 64GB Droid Turbo
    10-30-2014 02:58 PM
    Can't disable the Google bar at top without changing Launcher apps. Not sure but I think Moto Voice overrides and uses Google Now behind the scenes so I'd recommending leaving Moto Voice as the default and just changing the Moto Voice phrase to whatever you like. This way you don't lose the additional commands that come with Moto Voice.

Thanks for the help, man. What about battery percentage and the dedicated home page?
    10-30-2014 03:04 PM
    a couple other questions...

How do you choose a specific page to be your "home page" ?

The google search bar is floating above every page, can you change this and just insert the google search widget on the home page?

My "ok google" phrase isnt working, is it because i setup the moto app? How do i disable the moto app?

thanks!
    To set up Voice and "Ok Google" phrase. Go to Settings --> Moto (under device umbrella) --> Click Voice
    10-30-2014 03:05 PM
    Thanks for the help, man. What about battery percentage and the dedicated home page?
    Not sure what you mean?

10-30-2014 03:12 PM
    Not sure what you mean?

Sorry I was referencing the original post. Can you enable "battery percentage" ? to show the.. battery percentage. Also can you make a specific page your "home page" ?
    10-30-2014 03:16 PM
    Sorry I was referencing the original post. Can you enable "battery percentage" ? to show the.. battery percentage. Also can you make a specific page your "home page" ?
    Use command center widget. Shows battery percentage. BTW this phone is so sexy!

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo Home Screen Question-236.jpg  
    10-30-2014 03:29 PM
    I just tried to pinch home screen like previous droids and no dice. Couldn't add any additional screens or set a certain screen as the new home... Hmmmmm. Any ideas?

10-30-2014 03:38 PM
    I haven't "yet" run across anything in settings. I generally run the Apex Launcher and that would take care of that. Any other decent launcher would do the same, and probably provide a considerable amount of additional flexibility (like chancing icon pics and names, number of rows and columns, adding pages, adding context sensitive options to icons (app info, uninstall, edit, etc). I haven't installed an alternative launcher yet, but probably will before it's said and done, just because I liked the way my old phone was set up, and that will allow me to duplicate it.
    10-30-2014 03:43 PM
    Confirmed: The command center widget works with Nova Launcher this time around!
    TallyHo, dmark44, xweb10 and 1 others like this.
    10-30-2014 04:09 PM
    I haven't "yet" run across anything in settings. I generally run the Apex Launcher and that would take care of that. Any other decent launcher would do the same, and probably provide a considerable amount of additional flexibility (like chancing icon pics and names, number of rows and columns, adding pages, adding context sensitive options to icons (app info, uninstall, edit, etc). I haven't installed an alternative launcher yet, but probably will before it's said and done, just because I liked the way my old phone was set up, and that will allow me to duplicate it.
    I'm a big fan of Nova, but it just feels wrong switching launchers so early
    10-30-2014 04:09 PM
    For battery percentage, download the Battery Percentage for KitKat app. See article for directions -- Here's how to display battery percentage in Android 4.4 KitKat
    10-30-2014 04:14 PM
    I'm a big fan of Nova, but it just feels wrong switching launchers so early
    I own that one too. I forget what it was exactly that eventually pushed me to Apex as my daily driver. Nothing wrong with Nova for sure though -- they've both been around a while too. I'm like you; I'd like to not need to go back to an alternate launcher, but I feel it coming on.
    10-30-2014 04:25 PM
    Here's what I figured out so far....if you hold down on any screen...you get the home screen preview...
    what ever screen is the furthest left is your home screen.... to add screen (only add to the right) you have to have at least one icon on each screen you add...so have two icons on screen....drag one icon all the way to the right off screen...will add new home screen...to add more add another icon...then drag to right.....to remove home screens remove all icons! also in home screen preview when adding widgets, you can slide widget to right and will add home screen too!.......seems silly but still great phone!
    rxgadget likes this.
    10-30-2014 04:33 PM
    For battery percentage, download the Battery Percentage for KitKat app. See article for directions -- Here's how to display battery percentage in Android 4.4 KitKat
    I also highly recommend GSAM battery app for all its free features and battery percentage display options.

rxgadget likes this.
    10-30-2014 04:38 PM
    is the google launcher available for the turbo?
    10-30-2014 04:46 PM
    is the google launcher available for the turbo?
    I'm sure you can just download it from Play Store since we are on KitKat

10-30-2014 04:53 PM
    I just tried to pinch home screen like previous droids and no dice. Couldn't add any additional screens or set a certain screen as the new home... Hmmmmm. Any ideas?

If you drag any icon or widget to the far edge of a screen and hold it there, an additional screen will be created.
    11-01-2014 08:57 AM
    You can disable the google toolbar at the top manually. Go to settings, apps, all, open google search, disable, reboot. The gray bar is gone, but it doesn't free up space. I did this because I don't like being forced to use pixels when every one of them uses energy on an OLED.
    11-05-2014 02:08 PM
    You can disable the google toolbar at the top manually. Go to settings, apps, all, open google search, disable, reboot. The gray bar is gone, but it doesn't free up space. I did this because I don't like being forced to use pixels when every one of them uses energy on an OLED.
    But doesn't this negate a big part of the Moto Voice functionality? Like searching the Web for anything?

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo
    11-05-2014 02:21 PM
    I apologize for coming late to the game, but I just got my Turbo last night, and after several searches I've been unable to find the answer to what the colorful top arc over the temperature indicates at the top of the command center widget is. Can anyone answer that?
    11-05-2014 02:59 PM
62 123