01-15-2016 05:55 PM
275 1234 ...
tools
    Regardless of color accuracy the Note's pictures do look a lot better to me unfortunately....

Not going to pass judgement just yet because there haven't been enough picts posted but I'm a bit disappointed. The camera is the one weak kink in my HTC M8. Having a 21mp camera with mediocre output is the worst. Not only are the picts just so-so but they're huge and so-so. I'd probably be all over this if I had a 2-3 year old phone but as it stands I may have to pass.....

If you guys who have one can take so shots over the next few days under different conditions and lighting that would be much appreciated!
    10-30-2014 08:50 PM
    How about trying the camera with a different camera app. Anyone try that?
    Photoguy505 likes this.
    10-30-2014 08:56 PM
    When I get to the office tomorrow I'll take another picture of the same but with a different camera app. And post all 3. Could be the stock camera processing but moto made such a big deal about their imaging algorithms... Hmm

Posted via the Android Central App
    Codger1212 and datagrrl like this.
    10-30-2014 09:08 PM
    Just got back from the Verizon store tonight and I was fairly impressed with the camera. I know it was indoors and the store is well lit but I did my best to test it out. Looking for a low light condition I actually took some shots of the carpet underneath the display countertop where it met the baseboards. I was surprised at how clear the picture was. It even seemed like it was brighter on the photo than in real life.

I took a close up of my wedding ring, has two diamonds in it, and it looked great. Purposely cast a shadow over the Info/Price card next to the phone and took a picture with no flash and it came out bright, the very fine print at the bottom of the card easily readable.

Reproducing these same shots with my Razr Maxx HD was a disaster. Dimly lit, noisy, not as sharp. Yuck!

So, I'm not abandoning the Droid Turbo. I'll wait and see what the experts say about the camera.
    10-30-2014 10:09 PM
    When I get to the office tomorrow I'll take another picture of the same but with a different camera app. And post all 3. Could be the stock camera processing but moto made such a big deal about their imaging algorithms... Hmm

Thanks, that would be great!
    10-30-2014 10:09 PM
    Random shots album

A quick album I threw together. The ones of my dog are in a well fluorescent lit room. Colors are pretty accurate, but detail in the pictures is meh. More than passable for me.

The ones of the toy was in a well lit classroom. Colors are a little intense, especially the red. But still fairly close. Focus seems to be on point. I took those pictures just quick and dirty, so I think they came out pretty good.

The last one is on my desk. Which blew me away, because that particular spot on my desk is very dark. I have to give my eyes a few seconds to adjust to that shadow to be able to pick out what's there.
    mightyfacundo and GatsbyGlen like this.
    10-30-2014 11:04 PM
    As a possible owner of the Droid Turbo, looking forward to the 5.0 Lollypop update. I now own the original Moto X and waiting for 5.0 which should come soon. Inside the update is Camera 2 API. That should make a dramatic increase in camera useability and subsequently picture quality ... especially to the high end sensors like the turbo and that so-so sensor in the 1st gen Moto X's.
    10-30-2014 11:11 PM
    I see the typical noise and somewhat noticeable blur in a lot of the pics so far compared to some of the Samsung and Apple examples. Hopefully this can be refined with a quick camera software update.
    10-30-2014 11:18 PM
    A little off topic, but can you change what camera app launches with the double wrist-twist motion?
    10-30-2014 11:27 PM
    I just wanna post this album up too real quick. A quick comparison of HDR on and off in the same shot, same focus area. I even took two non HDR shots to make sure it wasn't a one off shot. The image processing speeds were very similar, so maybe I'll just leave HDR on from now on since it looks SO much better.

imgur: the simple image sharer

As far as the twisting action, I don't think you can change which app it launches. Don't see an option for it at least.
    xweb10 and BlueBlazer60 like this.
    10-30-2014 11:51 PM
    Same pictures but in Standard (21 MP) mode..

Attachment 144705Attachment 144706
    Your GF is a very nice artist!
    10-31-2014 12:06 AM
    I just wanna post this album up too real quick. A quick comparison of HDR on and off in the same shot, same focus area. I even took two non HDR shots to make sure it wasn't a one off shot. The image processing speeds were very similar, so maybe I'll just leave HDR on from now on since it looks SO much better.

imgur: the simple image sharer
    Wow, that is quite a difference. Look at the noise artifacts in the wall or the face of the phone in the non-HDR vs. the HDR version. Also added detail in the woodgrain of the desk.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    10-31-2014 12:15 AM
    Yup, huge difference. I'm pleased with the camera so far. It's not perfect, but it's got potential for sure.
    Photoguy505 likes this.
    10-31-2014 02:23 AM
    I'm extremely pleased and I'm coming from the Moto X 2014 and G3.
    10-31-2014 02:51 AM
    my biggest complaint is the shutter speed. no toddler stays still for nearly a second that it takes the camera to snap a picture. I have about a dozen really blurry shots of my son from last night and none usable.
    jdfry15 likes this.
    10-31-2014 07:40 AM
    my biggest complaint is the shutter speed. no toddler stays still for nearly a second that it takes the camera to snap a picture. I have about a dozen really blurry shots of my son from last night and none usable.
    This is my concern as well... Might have o go back to my S5, the camera I felt on that was excellent...Was hoping for too much in a beast of a phone with this Turbo though... Gonna give it another day or 2, but may switch back to my S5 for Halloween to make sure I get good pics... lol
    10-31-2014 09:32 AM
    Nothing special lol

Attached Thumbnails Post Pictures Taken with your DROID TURBO here-199.jpg  
    10-31-2014 09:45 AM
    I did not take these photos. They are from a review at phonearena.com. Motorola DROID Turbo Review - Camera and Multimedia

I thought these were amazing shots. I dare say that previous Moto phones would never be able to take shots like these in low light with the level of detail and (relative) absence of noise. Note: I had to resize them to be able to upload them. Click on the photos and zoom in. The detail is amazing especially in the shot of the store front. in the original sized image I can zoom in and read the fine print in the Blu Electronic Cigarette ad at the bottom of the window to the left of the door. In the street shot you can read the freaking license plate of the truck!

Post Pictures Taken with your DROID TURBO here-night-scene1_resized.jpg

Post Pictures Taken with your DROID TURBO here-night-scene2_resized.jpg

There are many more photos at the review.
    10-31-2014 12:11 PM
    Droid Turbo Stock Camera:

Post Pictures Taken with your DROID TURBO here-droid-turbo-stock-camera-app.jpg

Droid Turbo Camera360:

Post Pictures Taken with your DROID TURBO here-droid-turbo-camera360.jpg

Droid Turbo Google Camera: Post Pictures Taken with your DROID TURBO here-capture-google-camera.jpg

Droid Turbo HD Camera Ultra: Post Pictures Taken with your DROID TURBO here-droid-hd-ultra.jpg
    10-31-2014 12:47 PM
    I downloaded the photos and looked at them in a photo editing program, PhotoElements. I didn't compare the stock Turbo camera shot because that one is from yesterday and was taken in different lighting conditions.

Camera 360 looks dark and a bit washed out. Poking around with the color picker tool showed the photo was somewhat flat in color. This was my experience with this camera app with my RHMD. It doesn't render accurate colors. Notice that your wall looks like it's tinted gray. I think to the naked eye it's an off-white, almost ecru color.

Google Camera and HD Camera Ultra have almost virtually the same color renditions. Are they accurate? Only you can say but they are almost identical in the spots I tested. I really can't see much difference between them. The Google camera has slightly more depth of field, whereas the HD Camera Ultra app seems a bit brighter. Noise is about the same in both of them. I guess I'd give the nod to the Google camera app, but barely.

Which shot looks the most like what your eyeball perceives?

Thanks for posting this.
    10-31-2014 01:24 PM
    Honestly none of them are close to color accurate.... the closest would be the Note 4 color from yesterday.
    10-31-2014 02:18 PM
    I played with a Turbo at the store today and I can confirm that the shutter speed is noticeably slow. The photo quality was better than that of my DNA, FWIW.

Overall I liked the Turbo a lot. It doesn't feel as unwieldy in the hand as I thought it might.
    10-31-2014 07:48 PM
    The shutter speed is instant, the pause after is post processing.
    10-31-2014 09:23 PM
    Indoor lighting, grainy at full zoom.

datagrrl likes this.
    10-31-2014 10:20 PM
    HDR on. Works great if the subject hold COMPLETELY still.
    Attached Thumbnails Post Pictures Taken with your DROID TURBO here-uploadfromtaptalk1414814120007.jpg  
    10-31-2014 11:56 PM
275 1234 ...