01-15-2016 04:55 PM
275 ... 23456 ...
tools
    For an Add I put on Craigslist earlier today .
    Attached Thumbnails Post Pictures Taken with your DROID TURBO here-img_20141102_142245903.jpg  
    11-02-2014 05:56 PM
    Color looks pretty neutral..lighting must have come from a lamp above left? Close up writing detail on the Samsung battery after zooming in is a tad hard to read coming from the high mp sensor. Wondering how it would have been if you had tap-to-focus on the battery. Otherwise, not that bad.
    11-02-2014 06:11 PM
    I tapped to focus on the s5 phone. The lighting was coming from outside there is a window to the left . No lighting above and no flash used . The shadow is from light coming in from the kitchen behind me .
    11-02-2014 09:11 PM
    Here's a picture of my cat taken with natural lighting

I left the camera settings as factory
    Attached Thumbnails Post Pictures Taken with your DROID TURBO here-234.jpg  
    11-02-2014 10:41 PM
    Good pics so far, the zoom is -_- and camera could use ois.
    11-02-2014 11:17 PM
    Here is one I took today:
    isdaako, Masheen, vmaxed and 5 others like this.
    11-02-2014 11:20 PM
    Went out to lunch today. The phone did pretty well here, the sun was so bright I was having a hard time seeing the food.

Attachment 145424
    Yum! Is that Cuban food?

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo
    11-02-2014 11:54 PM
    For an Add I put on Craigslist earlier today .
    I just get giddy when a Moto replaces a Samsung. #Winning

11-02-2014 11:56 PM
    Beautiful picture. The Turbo does an excellent job taking sunshots. It does not over-expose and it lets in the correct amount of light.
    11-03-2014 10:22 AM
    Beautiful picture. The Turbo does an excellent job taking sunshots. It does not over-expose and it lets in the correct amount of light.
    So agree! I bet he took the plastic off his screen!

11-03-2014 10:32 AM
    So agree! I bet he took the plastic off his screen!

Oh that's the same guy? No wonder why he took that picture. I think he "saw the light".
    11-03-2014 10:36 AM
    Oh that's the same guy? No wonder why he took that picture. I think he "saw the light".
    LOL, different guy, but definitely seeing more light than some folks :P

11-03-2014 10:44 AM
    Firedogee- took your advice and shut off hdr. Even played with all other settings at store. Made sure phone had update. Guy next to me at Verizon agreed- the camera lag is terrible. It responds immediately to the touch when taking picture. However, it doesn't actually capture an image until a second or so later. This may not matter to some, but it is significantly inferior to my DNA and even my old EVO 4g. I really love the phone but this is a dealbreaker.

I just want to post this so others aren't blinded by a plethora of positive posts from some members. Any chance there is some sort of likely fix or should I just move on?
    11-03-2014 11:35 AM
    Agree, lag time is awful when taking a picture. I went to two different Verizon stores and each demo unit had the same problem. Was hoping to upgrade to the Turbo from the original Moto X but this is a deal breaker until they fix it.

I am curious if the Google Camera app significantly speeds up capturing a picture. Stock Moto is terrible.
    11-03-2014 11:53 AM
    Firedogee- took your advice and shut off hdr. Even played with all other settings at store. Made sure phone had update. Guy next to me at Verizon agreed- the camera lag is terrible. It responds immediately to the touch when taking picture. However, it doesn't actually capture an image until a second or so later. This may not matter to some, but it is significantly inferior to my DNA and even my old EVO 4g. I really love the phone but this is a dealbreaker.

I just want to post this so others aren't blinded by a plethora of positive posts from some members. Any chance there is some sort of likely fix or should I just move on?
    One of my biggest complaints about Android phones is the Cameras. The Bionic was horrible and its unfortunately a trend that continues for Moto. It seems like its a shutter speed thing and I think software CAN fix it.. but no one can be sure if it will. I have been using Samsung phones for a while now so I fully expect a lesser camera experience from Motorola, but everything with a Mobile experience is a trade off. If a camera is higher on your list than Battery size, Screen Resolution, Wireless Charging.. then it probably is not the best device for you at this time.

I have just reserved myself that the device that gives me everything hasn't been made yet. The DT seems to check more boxes than my last gen phone had (S4). So when my phones arrive today - I will begin testing that premise. You have to have your priorities - regardless of others thoughts.
    11-03-2014 12:04 PM
    Yeah the lag is terrible. One of the reasons I have decided to go back to my Note 4, I hate taking pictures of my kids and they are all blurred. That and the wifi and network signal were really bad on my turbo. With that said I will miss the OS.
    11-03-2014 12:13 PM
    Guy next to me at Verizon agreed- the camera lag is terrible.
    Agree, lag time is awful when taking a picture. I went to two different Verizon stores and each demo unit had the same problem.
    "The camera is quick to open and shoot, requiring less than a second to fire off shots;"
    Camera and Conclusions - Droid Turbo by Motorola (Verizon Wireless) Review & Rating | PCMag.com

Post Pictures Taken with your DROID TURBO here-camera-lag.jpg

Motorola DROID Turbo Review - Camera and Multimedia

What??
    11-03-2014 12:17 PM

Nobody said it was perfect, but it's getting great reviews from the experts... even compared to the iTrash 6. It is a bit bit slower in low light or shooting a moving subject. Android 5.0 will fix all these inconveniences.

11-03-2014 01:10 PM
    You said the Motorola update that everyone should install fixed any lag. It is possible that android 5.0 fixes the issue but it is a couple of months away and I am not as confident.
    11-03-2014 01:28 PM
    Another quick album.

imgur: the simple image sharer

Set one is HDR on bottom, HDR seems more true to life. Can't really tell on set two, forgot which one is which. I think the top one is HDR, but they're very similar. Third set has HDR on the bottom, notice how the white sign on the right is readable. Also the guy in the picture jumped in at the last second, surprised that one didn't come out blurry. Camera seems to be hit or miss when it comes to motion.

Also that was Portuguese food haha.
    11-03-2014 01:44 PM
    Another quick album.

imgur: the simple image sharer

Set one is HDR on bottom, HDR seems more true to life. Can't really tell on set two, forgot which one is which. I think the top one is HDR, but they're very similar. Third set has HDR on the bottom, notice how the white sign on the right is readable. Also the guy in the picture jumped in at the last second, surprised that one didn't come out blurry. Camera seems to be hit or miss when it comes to motion.

Also that was Portuguese food haha.
    Those are some incredible shots. Definitely making me feel better about this camera. What is amazing in set 1 is that you can clearly see the lettering on the vehicle mirror control and icons on the signal controller stalk yet also read the signs on the dumpsters. Yes, I know it's really bright out and the f stop would be fairly closed down but that is amazing depth of field.
    11-03-2014 02:10 PM
    Here is a pic I took today after I picked up the leaves in my back yard.
    The sun was setting
    Post Pictures Taken with your DROID TURBO here-2014-11-03-14.04.40.jpg
    kjumblatt likes this.
    11-03-2014 02:15 PM
    You said the Motorola update that everyone should install fixed any lag. It is possible that android 5.0 fixes the issue but it is a couple of months away and I am not as confident.
    The Moto Camera update from Google play store did fix it, but it's still not perfect.

11-03-2014 02:39 PM
    Those are some incredible shots. Definitely making me feel better about this camera. What is amazing in set 1 is that you can clearly see the lettering on the vehicle mirror control and icons on the signal controller stalk yet also read the signs on the dumpsters. Yes, I know it's really bright out and the f stop would be fairly closed down but that is amazing depth of field.
    To be honest, I didn't even catch that on the mirror controls. There certainly is a lot of detail in the pictures. The lettering on the red dumpster was worn out too, so I feel like it's actually more legible in the picture than in real life from that distance.
    11-03-2014 02:52 PM
    Nobody said it was perfect, but it's getting great reviews from the experts... even compared to the iTrash 6. It is a bit bit slower in low light or shooting a moving subject. Android 5.0 will fix all these inconveniences.

Is your wife ok with the new love in your life?
    11-03-2014 06:54 PM
275 ... 23456 ...