Post Pictures Taken with your DROID TURBO here

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Re: Pictures Taken With Your Turbo

Thought I would take the same photo with the Note 4 and the Droid Turbo... here are the results... much better than I expected!

Note 4:

Note 4.jpg

Droid Turbo:

Droid Turbo.jpg

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

Thought I would take the same photo with the Note 4 and the Droid Turbo... here are the results... much better than I expected!

I opened each photo in a new window, clicked to zoom to full size then switched back and forth between them. The Turbo photo looks like Motorola cameras have always shot pictures--washed out and noisy. The Samsung looks like they usually do--warm and vivid. Only your eye can tell us if the color is accurate but I'd guess the Note is more accurate. I'd guess your wall is more of an ecru white (as in Note 4 photo) than an off white (as in Turbo photo). Likewise the flowers are really more fuschia color than beet color:

Fuschia Beet.JPG

If you look for noise you can find it, but there's more in the Turbo shot. Look at the wooden statue's foot, or the wall near the edge of the piece of paper taped to the wall.

< Sigh > I was so excited about the Droid Turbo coming out. My Verizon contract is up at the end of November. I love everything about my Maxx HD except the camera. I said my next phone would have a great camera in it. So far, photos I've seen posted from the Turbo looks like photos from my Maxx HD or my son's Moto X, which is only average for cell phones, IMO.

I can't stand Samsung's plasticky TouchWiz crap and I don't like the looks of the LG's or their software bloat. What else is there that has great battery life, has a great camera, is reasonably fast, doesn't have much software laid over Android, and has a great radio? Sony Experia Z3?

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Honestly the it was a mix between the two but I would have to say the Note 4 was much closer to the real color.

Posted via the Android Central App

chickweedblur

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Regardless of color accuracy the Note's pictures do look a lot better to me unfortunately....

Not going to pass judgement just yet because there haven't been enough picts posted but I'm a bit disappointed. The camera is the one weak kink in my HTC M8. Having a 21mp camera with mediocre output is the worst. Not only are the picts just so-so but they're huge and so-so. I'd probably be all over this if I had a 2-3 year old phone but as it stands I may have to pass.....

If you guys who have one can take so shots over the next few days under different conditions and lighting that would be much appreciated!

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
When I get to the office tomorrow I'll take another picture of the same but with a different camera app. And post all 3. Could be the stock camera processing but moto made such a big deal about their imaging algorithms... Hmm

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Just got back from the Verizon store tonight and I was fairly impressed with the camera. I know it was indoors and the store is well lit but I did my best to test it out. Looking for a low light condition I actually took some shots of the carpet underneath the display countertop where it met the baseboards. I was surprised at how clear the picture was. It even seemed like it was brighter on the photo than in real life.

I took a close up of my wedding ring, has two diamonds in it, and it looked great. Purposely cast a shadow over the Info/Price card next to the phone and took a picture with no flash and it came out bright, the very fine print at the bottom of the card easily readable.

Reproducing these same shots with my Razr Maxx HD was a disaster. Dimly lit, noisy, not as sharp. Yuck!

So, I'm not abandoning the Droid Turbo. I'll wait and see what the experts say about the camera.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
When I get to the office tomorrow I'll take another picture of the same but with a different camera app. And post all 3. Could be the stock camera processing but moto made such a big deal about their imaging algorithms... Hmm

Thanks, that would be great!

Xelios

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Random shots album

A quick album I threw together. The ones of my dog are in a well fluorescent lit room. Colors are pretty accurate, but detail in the pictures is meh. More than passable for me.

The ones of the toy was in a well lit classroom. Colors are a little intense, especially the red. But still fairly close. Focus seems to be on point. I took those pictures just quick and dirty, so I think they came out pretty good.

The last one is on my desk. Which blew me away, because that particular spot on my desk is very dark. I have to give my eyes a few seconds to adjust to that shadow to be able to pick out what's there.

Postoid

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
As a possible owner of the Droid Turbo, looking forward to the 5.0 Lollypop update. I now own the original Moto X and waiting for 5.0 which should come soon. Inside the update is Camera 2 API. That should make a dramatic increase in camera useability and subsequently picture quality ... especially to the high end sensors like the turbo and that so-so sensor in the 1st gen Moto X's.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I see the typical noise and somewhat noticeable blur in a lot of the pics so far compared to some of the Samsung and Apple examples. Hopefully this can be refined with a quick camera software update.

Xelios

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I just wanna post this album up too real quick. A quick comparison of HDR on and off in the same shot, same focus area. I even took two non HDR shots to make sure it wasn't a one off shot. The image processing speeds were very similar, so maybe I'll just leave HDR on from now on since it looks SO much better.

imgur: the simple image sharer

As far as the twisting action, I don't think you can change which app it launches. Don't see an option for it at least.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I just wanna post this album up too real quick. A quick comparison of HDR on and off in the same shot, same focus area. I even took two non HDR shots to make sure it wasn't a one off shot. The image processing speeds were very similar, so maybe I'll just leave HDR on from now on since it looks SO much better.

imgur: the simple image sharer

Wow, that is quite a difference. Look at the noise artifacts in the wall or the face of the phone in the non-HDR vs. the HDR version. Also added detail in the woodgrain of the desk.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
my biggest complaint is the shutter speed. no toddler stays still for nearly a second that it takes the camera to snap a picture. I have about a dozen really blurry shots of my son from last night and none usable.