Post Pictures Taken with your DROID TURBO here

karamba07

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Normal:
IMG_20141101_113834565.jpg
HDR
IMG_20141101_113854008_HDR.jpg

I believe the touch-to-focus feature helps a lot, otherwise the phone assigns a random focus point and your subject will be blurry.

Postoid

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Karamba07 : The HDR shot looks very nice to me...color is not really punchy but more natural, details-without blowing it up-look good and exposure -HDR- looks like it really was when you took it.
Obviously the normal shot got the meter fooled by the sky and it underexposed it. Unless I'm taking a shot of a specific thing like a flower, glass of beer, or a pet, I'd leave to touch-to-focus in the middle of the screen.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Pictures Taken With Your Turbo

Really? Not a deal breaker for me if I d decide to get it.

Are you comparing this to your Ultra?

Coming from a g3 the camera is so slow to capture the picture. This isn't a big deal when taking pictures of landscapes and such but if you are trying to take any pics of moving objects or children the results are awful.

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Then you have clearly not used any of the phones you have just mentioned lol... None of them are as slow as this phones shutter...

Posted via the Android Central App

techaddict2

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Pictures Taken With Your Turbo

I opened each photo in a new window, clicked to zoom to full size then switched back and forth between them. The Turbo photo looks like Motorola cameras have always shot pictures--washed out and noisy. The Samsung looks like they usually do--warm and vivid. Only your eye can tell us if the color is accurate but I'd guess the Note is more accurate. I'd guess your wall is more of an ecru white (as in Note 4 photo) than an off white (as in Turbo photo). Likewise the flowers are really more fuschia color than beet color:

View attachment 144768

If you look for noise you can find it, but there's more in the Turbo shot. Look at the wooden statue's foot, or the wall near the edge of the piece of paper taped to the wall.

< Sigh > I was so excited about the Droid Turbo coming out. My Verizon contract is up at the end of November. I love everything about my Maxx HD except the camera. I said my next phone would have a great camera in it. So far, photos I've seen posted from the Turbo looks like photos from my Maxx HD or my son's Moto X, which is only average for cell phones, IMO.

I can't stand Samsung's plasticky TouchWiz crap and I don't like the looks of the LG's or their software bloat. What else is there that has great battery life, has a great camera, is reasonably fast, doesn't have much software laid over Android, and has a great radio? Sony Experia Z3?

Sony Z3 works great so far ,manual mode is nice to have I'm coming from the old moto x and the sony won't miss focus and exposures are good and I think!it has a better signal then my moto

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
There have been a number of comments about the quality of the Z3 camera. I can not comment on the camera or phone since I have not used it. But remember the Verizon Z3v is a hybrid mix of the Z2 and Z3. There are several good comparison articles. Google is your research friend. Just be sure you are evaluating the correct camera as you make your decision.

Since I primarily use a real camera to take pictures, the quality of a phone camera is not one of my top criteria. I am still modifying my behavior to understand that a phone is for more than making calls. Hard to change 70 years of training by Ma Bell.

Codger1212

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I actually think there is much improvement w/ low light shots. Unfortunately, the rest of the shots are coming out the same as my droid maxx. Only difference (besides low light improvement) is less noise in the background. The colors seem to be off. Will keep trying...

Xelios

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Went out to lunch today. The phone did pretty well here, the sun was so bright I was having a hard time seeing the food.

XUmlolu.jpg

Postoid

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Color looks pretty neutral..lighting must have come from a lamp above left? Close up writing detail on the Samsung battery after zooming in is a tad hard to read coming from the high mp sensor. Wondering how it would have been if you had tap-to-focus on the battery. Otherwise, not that bad.

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I tapped to focus on the s5 phone. The lighting was coming from outside there is a window to the left . No lighting above and no flash used . The shadow is from light coming in from the kitchen behind me .

camachinist

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Here's a picture of my cat taken with natural lighting

I left the camera settings as factory

Attachments

• 234.jpg
    234.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 62

Forum statistics

Threads
Members