kjumblatt

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Here is one I took today:
IMG_20141102_150051_zpso7kajh5o.jpg

duketreo

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Firedogee- took your advice and shut off hdr. Even played with all other settings at store. Made sure phone had update. Guy next to me at Verizon agreed- the camera lag is terrible. It responds immediately to the touch when taking picture. However, it doesn't actually capture an image until a second or so later. This may not matter to some, but it is significantly inferior to my DNA and even my old EVO 4g. I really love the phone but this is a dealbreaker.

I just want to post this so others aren't blinded by a plethora of positive posts from some members. Any chance there is some sort of likely fix or should I just move on?

ShotsOf151

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Agree, lag time is awful when taking a picture. I went to two different Verizon stores and each demo unit had the same problem. Was hoping to upgrade to the Turbo from the original Moto X but this is a deal breaker until they fix it.

I am curious if the Google Camera app significantly speeds up capturing a picture. Stock Moto is terrible.

Fable

Android Rules
Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Firedogee- took your advice and shut off hdr. Even played with all other settings at store. Made sure phone had update. Guy next to me at Verizon agreed- the camera lag is terrible. It responds immediately to the touch when taking picture. However, it doesn't actually capture an image until a second or so later. This may not matter to some, but it is significantly inferior to my DNA and even my old EVO 4g. I really love the phone but this is a dealbreaker.

I just want to post this so others aren't blinded by a plethora of positive posts from some members. Any chance there is some sort of likely fix or should I just move on?

One of my biggest complaints about Android phones is the Cameras. The Bionic was horrible and its unfortunately a trend that continues for Moto. It seems like its a shutter speed thing and I think software CAN fix it.. but no one can be sure if it will. I have been using Samsung phones for a while now so I fully expect a lesser camera experience from Motorola, but everything with a Mobile experience is a trade off. If a camera is higher on your list than Battery size, Screen Resolution, Wireless Charging.. then it probably is not the best device for you at this time.

I have just reserved myself that the device that gives me everything hasn't been made yet. The DT seems to check more boxes than my last gen phone had (S4). So when my phones arrive today - I will begin testing that premise. You have to have your priorities - regardless of others thoughts.

Last edited:

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Yeah the lag is terrible. One of the reasons I have decided to go back to my Note 4, I hate taking pictures of my kids and they are all blurred. That and the wifi and network signal were really bad on my turbo. With that said I will miss the OS.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
duketreo said:
Guy next to me at Verizon agreed- the camera lag is terrible.

Agree, lag time is awful when taking a picture. I went to two different Verizon stores and each demo unit had the same problem.

"The camera is quick to open and shoot, requiring less than a second to fire off shots;"
Camera and Conclusions - Droid Turbo by Motorola (Verizon Wireless) Review & Rating | PCMag.com

Camera Lag.JPG

Motorola DROID Turbo Review - Camera and Multimedia

What??

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

Nobody said it was perfect, but it's getting great reviews from the experts... even compared to the iTrash 6. It is a bit bit slower in low light or shooting a moving subject. Android 5.0 will fix all these inconveniences.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

duketreo

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
You said the Motorola update that everyone should install fixed any lag. It is possible that android 5.0 fixes the issue but it is a couple of months away and I am not as confident.

Xelios

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Another quick album.

imgur: the simple image sharer

Set one is HDR on bottom, HDR seems more true to life. Can't really tell on set two, forgot which one is which. I think the top one is HDR, but they're very similar. Third set has HDR on the bottom, notice how the white sign on the right is readable. Also the guy in the picture jumped in at the last second, surprised that one didn't come out blurry. Camera seems to be hit or miss when it comes to motion.

Also that was Portuguese food haha.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Another quick album.

imgur: the simple image sharer

Set one is HDR on bottom, HDR seems more true to life. Can't really tell on set two, forgot which one is which. I think the top one is HDR, but they're very similar. Third set has HDR on the bottom, notice how the white sign on the right is readable. Also the guy in the picture jumped in at the last second, surprised that one didn't come out blurry. Camera seems to be hit or miss when it comes to motion.

Also that was Portuguese food haha.

Those are some incredible shots. Definitely making me feel better about this camera. What is amazing in set 1 is that you can clearly see the lettering on the vehicle mirror control and icons on the signal controller stalk yet also read the signs on the dumpsters. Yes, I know it's really bright out and the f stop would be fairly closed down but that is amazing depth of field.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
You said the Motorola update that everyone should install fixed any lag. It is possible that android 5.0 fixes the issue but it is a couple of months away and I am not as confident.

The Moto Camera update from Google play store did fix it, but it's still not perfect.

Xelios

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Those are some incredible shots. Definitely making me feel better about this camera. What is amazing in set 1 is that you can clearly see the lettering on the vehicle mirror control and icons on the signal controller stalk yet also read the signs on the dumpsters. Yes, I know it's really bright out and the f stop would be fairly closed down but that is amazing depth of field.

To be honest, I didn't even catch that on the mirror controls. There certainly is a lot of detail in the pictures. The lettering on the red dumpster was worn out too, so I feel like it's actually more legible in the picture than in real life from that distance.

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Nobody said it was perfect, but it's getting great reviews from the experts... even compared to the iTrash 6. It is a bit bit slower in low light or shooting a moving subject. Android 5.0 will fix all these inconveniences.

Is your wife ok with the new love in your life?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12