Post Pictures Taken with your DROID TURBO here

Xelios

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
My latest contribution, imgur: the simple image sharer

Kinda disappointed in the vertical picture, but in general it did well again. This is all after the latest update for the camera; the only blurry picture is the one with the two people who were walking very briskly. Everything else is good.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
My latest contribution, imgur: the simple image sharer

Kinda disappointed in the vertical picture, but in general it did well again. This is all after the latest update for the camera; the only blurry picture is the one with the two people who were walking very briskly. Everything else is good.

The vertical picture of Times Square? What's wrong with it? I think it's pretty good. If the camera had OIS I bet you could clearly read the "Dunkin' Donuts Facebook Fan of the Week" sign.

Xelios

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
The vertical picture of Times Square? What's wrong with it? I think it's pretty good. If the camera had OIS I bet you could clearly read the "Dunkin' Donuts Facebook Fan of the Week" sign.

Dunno, seems a little noisy I guess. But now that I think about it, I'd forgotten how bright those boards actually are. Even the ones from further away are pretty bright. But yeah the text is a little unreadable. I shot them pretty quick so that may be why. If I'd taken the time to move the focus around it might have come out a bit better. I'm actually more surprised that nobody came out blurry in that picture, as I'd shot it using HDR mode.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Look at the billboard above the ABC affiliates TV monitor. "Unforgettable Touch, Come experience it" Pretty darn good detail.

Xelios

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Yeah it did come out well. I dunno why I'm complaining. My RMHD wouldn't get a shot anything like that so it's still miles better than what I should expect haha.

Littlejoe919

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
That's an interesting photo because of the un-uniform lighting conditions. Low light in the foreground, low to mid lighting in the middle area, and bright in the background. The guitarists on the pedestals are (presumably) cranking away on their guitars yet their hands aren't blurry. The hands being waved in the air by audience members aren't blurry. Look at the guy taking a picture in the left hand side of the photo. Look through the circle formed by his arms. Zoom in. You can see the profile of a woman watching the stage. Also just to the right of the guy holding his hand with finger extended you can see the face of an Asian woman who has turned and is looking behind her. Actually pretty impressive. Thanks for posting this.

Thank you for the kind words. I liked it so much its the wallpaper on my computer.

sashazur

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Although mostly I like the camera, I'm still unhappy with the shutter lag. I keep HDR turned off and try to remember to not move the phone for a second after I think it's already taken a shot, but even so I will end up with a photo like this one pretty frequently (I had it centered and in focus when I took the shot, but it didn't register until a split second later, making it off center and blurry). I really hope they have an update soon to fix this! P.S. This was after the system update and the recent Moto camera app update.
2014-11-26 13.26.52.jpg

KWildman001

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I'd bet the first shot of the coffee cup that bugs you would have been difficult for just about any phone camera to process. You see, there is about a third of the shot that is dark background. Without the flash activated the camera is struggling to "brighten" the shot so it is cranking the ISO up and opening the f stop wide. That's a recipe for blurry photos and noisy photos. If you were to have swung the camera's point of view so the words "Tea Bar" on the cup was front and center, meaning the light-colored countertop would have stretched off in the background instead of the darkness, I bet it would have been a great shot. It's not too bad considering the set-up.

Makes sense. There are times when I'm not sure if it's the camera, or if I'm just spoiled by my dSLR camera and making my Turbo's pictures look sub--par.

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Although mostly I like the camera, I'm still unhappy with the shutter lag. I keep HDR turned off and try to remember to not move the phone for a second after I think it's already taken a shot, but even so I will end up with a photo like this one pretty frequently (I had it centered and in focus when I took the shot, but it didn't register until a split second later, making it off center and blurry). I really hope they have an update soon to fix this! P.S. This was after the system update and the recent Moto camera app update.

Based on your comments about your pictures, I doubt you are ever going to be completely happy with Turbo pictures. The impact of updates will limited. In the sign picture, sharpness could be better but it is not terrible. But the fact the sign is off center is the result of you moving the camera before the picture was taken. Granted shutter lag is part of that problem. Depending on the conditions all cameras experience shutter lag to a degree. With stationary objects, such as the sign, at least if you know your camera you can compensate by keeping the camera motionless. With moving objects there is not hope for a solution. The turbo camera will be a challenge for many people. The Turbo is a great phone which happens to have a camera.

sashazur

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Based on your comments about your pictures, I doubt you are ever going to be completely happy with Turbo pictures. The impact of updates will limited. In the sign picture, sharpness could be better but it is not terrible. But the fact the sign is off center is the result of you moving the camera before the picture was taken. Granted shutter lag is part of that problem. Depending on the conditions all cameras experience shutter lag to a degree. With stationary objects, such as the sign, at least if you know your camera you can compensate by keeping the camera motionless. With moving objects there is not hope for a solution. The turbo camera will be a challenge for many people. The Turbo is a great phone which happens to have a camera.

The turbo is my 4th or 5th smartphone. Before the turbo I had an S5, and a Note 2 before that. So I'm pretty used to smartphone cameras and their quirks! But the turbo does have a tendency to "lie" more than my other phones about when the picture is taken; it often seems to wait to actually capture the picture until a half second *after* the shutter sound and animation have finished, even with HDR off.

So yes obviously I moved the phone before the picture was taken - the thing I'm complaining about is that based on the phone's feedback to me, the picture had already been taken before I moved it; and that's something that should be fixable in an update.

Last edited:

sashazur

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I took this photo from a boat which probably is why the buildings look wavy. But considering that it was in broad daylight with relatively calm water, I'm kind of surprised that the shutter stayed open long enough to distort the photo. Anyone have any other explanation for why this might happen? I haven't noticed anything like it on other shots.
15623656207_64eafec560_k.jpg

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I took this photo from a boat which probably is why the buildings look wavy. But considering that it was in broad daylight with relatively calm water, I'm kind of surprised that the shutter stayed open long enough to distort the photo. Anyone have any other explanation for why this might happen? I haven't noticed anything like it on other shots.
View attachment 151077

Did you have HDR activated? HDR works by taking three quick shots with slightly varied exposures then combining them into one picture. It's possible the wave action of the boat was enough to throw off the camera software that integrates the three shots into one resulting in wavy vertical lines on the buildings. Actually that photo kind of demands that you look at it, much like a surreal painting.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
View attachment 151077

That is a weird picture. Notice the building(s) in the center appear near vertical with relatively straight edges Not perfect but much better than the buildings toward the sides of the picture. Buildings on both sides appear to lean to toward the center. The angle of the lean toward the center increases as you move to the sides. Not sure how that effect can be the result of motion of the boat. Besides unless you were on a very small boat the water is too calm to cause that degree of movement. If the distortion was the result of movement the tilt or angle of the buildings should be the same across the picture.

The lines on the boats in the foreground appear to be correct. Do they look like the boats did?

As far as the shutter time, the light conditions do not appear to be dark enough to trigger a longer shutter time.

bizzyqu

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
In myrtle beach for the weekend

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 22711.jpg
    22711.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 58
  • 22710.jpg
    22710.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 65