11-18-2014 03:13 PM
71 123
tools
    No update and mine works now when it didn't a few hours ago.
    10-31-2014 05:02 PM
    I can confirm foxfi USB tethering works on turbo and windows 8 (not 8.1) I never use the WiFi tethering so have not tried it--USB mode has always been more consistent, generated less heat and drained less battery so I always use that.
    Yep, USB and Bluetooth tethering will still work but Wifi Hotspot was killed by the KitKat update.
    10-31-2014 05:08 PM
    Don't have payed plan for it and I'm on unlimited but foxfi always worked as a free no root hotspot maker.

Are the people having issues with turning hotspots on PERIOD or just free hotspot via apps like foxfi?
    These people don't know what Foxfi is, including me. We are talking about the stock Mobile Hotspot feature of the phone. Mine is working fine.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo
    10-31-2014 05:08 PM
    Force stopped entitlement under Settings -> Apps -> All, tried the hotspot and it worked right away. All subsequent starts worked as well.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-31-2014 05:13 PM
    These people don't know what Foxfi is, including me. We are talking about the stock Mobile Hotspot feature of the phone. Mine is working fine.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo
    Oh, sorry! Foxfi (aka pdanet) are the original (more or less) tethering apps for android. They merged and are now one, and work exactly as described in the playstore.
    10-31-2014 05:38 PM
    ***These people don't know what Foxfi is, including me.***

Oh, sorry! Foxfi and pdanet are two of the original tethering apps. They merged a while back and are now one, and function exactly as described in the play store. YMMV depending on phone model's apparently the turbo does Bluetooth and USB tethering but not WiFi due to KitKat. Still very useful and one time cost of $8ish

Zto
    10-31-2014 05:43 PM
    Confirming what datagrrl reported.

Wi-fi Hotspot is now working - no longer getting subscription error.

I made no changes - the engineers must have figured it out.
    10-31-2014 06:18 PM
    Confirming what datagrrl reported.

Wi-fi Hotspot is now working - no longer getting subscription error.

I made no changes - the engineers must have figured it out.
    I guess I'll chime in with everyone one else. It magically started working last night. I didn't do anything to the phone, and I never called Verizon. Someone found a loose plug up there and plugged it back in apparently. (Janitor: "hmmm, that looks important. Maybe I out to plug that in?")
    datagrrl likes this.
    11-01-2014 01:55 AM
    mine works too
    11-01-2014 07:40 AM
    Magically started working for me this morning as well
    11-01-2014 09:08 AM
    My hotspot started working last night. Tried it again this morning and still works. Looks like they are figuring out the problem.
    11-01-2014 09:14 AM
    I tried tethering via USB and hot spot tonight, worked like a freaking charm.
    11-03-2014 12:51 AM
    Mine is now working as well Yay!
    11-03-2014 05:20 AM
    Pardon my ignorance on this matter. I've been using FoxFi/PDAnet since the OG Droid days so I'm a little confused about the Verizon mobile hotspot works. Do you have to pay a monthly installment to use it?

I'm debating on the Droid Turbo or Nexus 9 but I have to be able to use my unlimited data to tether the Nexus 7 in my car, hopefully free. I wonder if FoxFi works on the N9..
    11-06-2014 08:38 AM
    Pardon my ignorance on this matter. I've been using FoxFi/PDAnet since the OG Droid days so I'm a little confused about the Verizon mobile hotspot works. Do you have to pay a monthly installment to use it?

I'm debating on the Droid Turbo or Nexus 9 but I have to be able to use my unlimited data to tether the Nexus 7 in my car, hopefully free. I wonder if FoxFi works on the N9..
    If you have Unlimited Data, you have to pay $30 a month.
    11-06-2014 08:50 AM
    Read my comment at the end of this thread (I can't post the link, but hopefully this works):
    forums. androidcentral. com/ verizon/ 453252-can-i-use-hotspot-my-unlimited-data-plan.html#post4009931

I pay for Verizon's hotspot, but only for the days I use it. I don't want to risk losing my Unlimited Plan, so I play by the rules.
    Verizon prorates features when you add and remove them. Seems like many people don't realize that.

I suppose this doesn't help much though if you plan to use the hotspot all month. Then you are stuck with the $30 or using a tethering app.
    11-06-2014 09:01 AM
    Tethering is very important to me. I have unlimited data. Do you think the Turbo will ever be able to do this? My brother in law just got the note 4 last night and he has already worked or it on his. He had unlimited data. I'm tired of carrying around two phones. The note 4 will let me carry one phone but I do love the droid turbo.

What do you guys think? Was the Maxx ever able to tether for unlimited data users

11-16-2014 09:24 AM
    Tethering is very important to me. I have unlimited data. Do you think the Turbo will ever be able to do this? My brother in law just got the note 4 last night and he has already worked or it on his. He had unlimited data. I'm tired of carrying around two phones. The note 4 will let me carry one phone but I do love the droid turbo.

What do you guys think? Was the Maxx ever able to tether for unlimited data users

Looks like tethering works. Just subscribe to it. It's $30/month and you should see it as an feature option.
    11-16-2014 09:39 AM
    Looks like tethering works. Just subscribe to it. It's $30/month and you should see it as an feature option.
    Will this use my unlimited data or will I be using a different set of data? Will I be restricted to 2gb or something

11-16-2014 09:48 AM
    Will this use my unlimited data or will I be using a different set of data? Will I be restricted to 2gb or something

It will also be unlimited.
    11-16-2014 09:54 AM
    This space intentionally left blank

(posted something then realized it was answered, and can't figure out how to delete this post)
    11-18-2014 03:13 PM
71 123