11-18-2014 03:13 PM
71 123
tools
    # update 10/31 - it seems like a behind the scene fix is rolling out. No action needed by the customer

If you try to activate the built in tethering you'll get an error message asking you to call to subscribe. I definitely have tethering on my account and so does the store rep. We both get the same errors on our turbos.
    10-30-2014 01:29 PM
    Mine fired right up. Maybe your phone didn't fully get provisioned?

Sent Turbo fast from my 64GB Droid Turbo
    10-30-2014 01:48 PM

Very weird. Tech support confirmed my account is set up correctly. The Verizon rep was certain his was as well.
    10-30-2014 01:51 PM
    Very weird. Tech support confirmed my account is set up correctly. The Verizon rep was certain his was as well.
    I did have to power cycle my phone to make outbound calls after setup. Try that?

10-30-2014 01:53 PM
    I'm having the tethering problem as well. Sitting at VA store exchanging now ... crossing fingers

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-30-2014 03:07 PM
    Who pays for tethering still when the FCC and courts have ruled that Verizon cannot prevent smartphone owners from using third party tethering apps (and the data they pay for) in whatever fashion they see fit?

FoxFi a.k.a PDANet functioned fine on my original Razr Maxx, and I can confirm it's working on stock Droid Turbo. And it costs $8, one time. That being said, I haven't tried the Wireless access point function, just USB tethering.

ZtO
    Xelios likes this.
    10-30-2014 05:13 PM
    My boss and I both got a 64 GB Turbo this morning and neither phone's mobile hotspot will work. I spent an hour on the phone with tech support. Everything is set up correctly on the account. I was advised to return the phone. The Verizon store Rep had to make several calls and according to what he was told, there is a know issue with the Droid Turbo and mobile hotspot. I decided to wait a few days to see if it is resolved via an update.I have to say,I'm very disappointed.
    10-30-2014 05:24 PM
    No problems at all on my 64GB.
    Glenn Jenkins likes this.
    10-30-2014 05:28 PM
    Dumb question,but how can I tell if my phone is fully provisioned?
    10-30-2014 05:39 PM
    Did the exchanged unit work?
    10-30-2014 05:40 PM
    Dumb question,but how can I tell if my phone is fully provisioned?
    Go to a VZW corporate store and they can check it out for you.

10-30-2014 05:49 PM
    On my 2nd replacement still no WiFi tethering back to the store tomorrow

10-30-2014 07:10 PM
    I also have no hotspot. Of course it was the last thing I checked, after spending hours getting everything just so. I hope I don't have to exchange this thing....

10-30-2014 10:37 PM
    Mine is not working either.I am going to try and get this prorated since I am being billed for it but can't use it.
    10-30-2014 11:24 PM
    no hotspot here either. it's not that the phone needs to be returned. when i called tech support, the tech said there was an open case file of lots of people with this issue. she seemed to think it would take a few days to fix.
    10-30-2014 11:31 PM
    Same here, will just wait for a fix. I assume it's just something not set correctly on the network.

10-31-2014 05:17 AM
    Yep no tethering here either. This I can kinda live with for a day or two. However between this and the no voice + data at the same time while not near a wi-fi connection makes this phone unusable. The phone is great. However Motorola and Verizon screwed the pooch on this one. What is this, 2008?
    10-31-2014 06:45 AM
    Ugh, I use my mobile hotspot a lot on weekends. I really hope this isn't an issue.
    10-31-2014 07:13 AM
    This really is an issue. It's been escalated up the chain. Supposedly they are working on a software fix. Who knows how long it will be until it is out there.
    10-31-2014 07:21 AM
    I got the subscription message. This burns me. Grrrr.
    10-31-2014 07:31 AM

I agree it sounds like a provisioning issue on the surface, but so many phones? Something is definitely borked up with the Droid Turbo provisioning somewhere. I too get the subscription message. Fortunately, I'm not at work today (heck, I only have 350mb of hot spot data left anyway until the 2nd).
    10-31-2014 07:39 AM
    Who pays for tethering still when the FCC and courts have ruled that Verizon cannot prevent smartphone owners from using third party tethering apps (and the data they pay for) in whatever fashion they see fit?

FoxFi a.k.a PDANet functioned fine on my original Razr Maxx, and I can confirm it's working on stock Droid Turbo. And it costs $8, one time. That being said, I haven't tried the Wireless access point function, just USB tethering.

ZtO
    I own PDANet and used to use this on Sprint, but was under the impression this was a no-no with Verizon and that they monitored for it and there were repercussions if discovered. Perhaps I should reconsider.

Has anyone TRIED using PDANet with the Turbo on a Windows 8.1 machine? I would gladly make the effort, but my GF works nights, and she's off today, so my phone playtime will be on the back burner today.
    10-31-2014 07:42 AM
    Yep no tethering here either. This I can kinda live with for a day or two. However between this and the no voice + data at the same time while not near a wi-fi connection makes this phone unusable. The phone is great. However Motorola and Verizon screwed the pooch on this one. What is this, 2008?
    It was a Verizon mandate. They don't want new phones with hardware for CDMA simultaneous voice/data competing with their soon to be released LTE simultaneous voice/data which will be much faster and clearer. They estimate VOLTE will roll out for these new phones within 90 days and they are naming it Advanced Calling 1.0.

10-31-2014 08:42 AM
    I too have the subscription error when I try to start the hot spot. I have a trouble ticket into Verizon wireless and it has been escalated to a level 3 Engineering ticket. But its not only my turbo. I have an S3 on the account that also should be able to launch a hot spot and it gets the error as well..So I'm not sure if this is a device issue or an account issue. I was using a jetpack before I got the turbo so we have never used a hot spot on the phone on the account.

They said it may take a few days to resolve but the more people that call with the issue, the higher it will be prioritized.

Just wondering Firedogee, did you use a hotspot on your previous phone? That may be why yours worked.
    10-31-2014 11:05 AM
    I had a Droid Maxx - Wifi Tethering worked great yesterday morning - Bought the Turbo and no Wifi Tethering. Have exchanged twice now and all 3 Turbo's will not Tether.

Never had a Hotspot on my account
    10-31-2014 11:58 AM
71 123