You cannot buy this phone today in Nassau County, NY !!

InfiniteClouds

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Unless you are getting a willing to renew your contract (/drop unlimited data).

The Verizon Corporate stores will not sell me the phone. "We sell service, not phones." I tried using the "I'm buying it as a gift" line and even spoke to the MANAGER who told me it had to be tied to an account, and then that it would be an issue to temporarily put it to my account because I'd lose my unlimited data even though I wanted to buy it full retail. I know they're wrong, and told them so but what good is that if they won't do their job?

Meanwhile, neither of the Best Buy's around here have it in stock ! (they say it's listed as Coming Soon). Not sure where else to go except online and have to wait. MAN I hate Verizon.

Last edited:

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
The Verizon Corporate stores will not sell me the phone. "We sell service, not phones." I tried using the "I'm buying it as a gift" line and even spoke to the MANAGER who told me it had to be tied to an account, and then that it would be an issue to temporarily put it to my account because I'd lose my unlimited data even though I wanted to buy it full retail. I know they're wrong, and told them so but what good is that if they won't do their job?

Meanwhile, neither of the Best Buy's around here have it in stock ! (they say it's listed as Coming Soon). Not sure where else to go except online and have to wait. MAN I hate Verizon.

Not true. I drove all the way out to Long Island to get mine. The Verizon store in Manhasset was empty at 10:30-11:00. Probably because 90% of the people who live there use iPhones.

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Did you buy it with a contract, did you buy it without activating it?

Actually, I was ready to pay $599 + tax outright, but they let me early edge up, so I just did that. I had bought the Maxx the day it was released.

Edit: I don't think it should matter if you intend to activate it or not. They were pretty well stocked also.

InfiniteClouds

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm not familiar with Edge other than I know it is some sort of financing. That doesn't answer my question about contract, etc though... this is why they wouldn't sell me the phone... I was not tying it an account, I told them I wanted to purchase it as a gift (really I just wanted to activate it at home).

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm not familiar with Edge other than I know it is some sort of financing. That doesn't answer my question about contract, etc though... this is why they wouldn't sell me the phone... I was not tying it an account, I told them I wanted to purchase it as a gift (really I just wanted to activate it at home).

Dude, just call them up and as. Their number is 516-627-5620. Wait for the menu and hit sales.

Edit: I bought my Maxx the day it was released at that store. I paid full retail price, and had no problem.

InfiniteClouds

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Finally got through to them. They told me I cannot purchase it without it being activated on the spot... but they at least said I don't have to change my plan (which I already know).

fonger13

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Finally got through to them. They told me I cannot purchase it without it being activated on the spot... but they at least said I don't have to change my plan (which I already know).

They're just out to get un-informed buyers to lose their unlimited data, i wonder if it's a corporate directive to lies/deceive people out of their unlimited data plan.

Blennidae

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Same story in San Jose, CA.

Stopped in this morning to pick one up. As soon as I said I am unlimited and said I will pay full retail they said they couldn't sell me one and I'd have to buy online. I asked if I bought online and selected pick up at store would that work, and they said no to that as well.

Seems like some BS, but what can you do.

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

Wow. That must be a policy change because I activated the Droid Maxx myself when I purchased it outright when it came out.

ajc312

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I was ready to pay $599 + tax outright, but they let me early edge up, so I just did that.

Did you "Early Edge" (join Edge before your 2-year contract expired) or "Edge Up" (trade in your prior Edge-financed device before it was 100% paid)?

If you did "Early Edge" did they make you turn in your old phone? If so, did they give you the benefit of the $100 promotional trade-in?

Thanks!

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Did you "Early Edge" (join Edge before your 2-year contract expired) or "Edge Up" (trade in your prior Edge-financed device before it was 100% paid)?

If you did "Early Edge" did they make you turn in your old phone? If so, did they give you the benefit of the $100 promotional trade-in?

Thanks!

I Early Edge'd where I joined before my contract expired.

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
They're just out to get un-informed buyers to lose their unlimited data, i wonder if it's a corporate directive to lies/deceive people out of their unlimited data plan.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. I feel like the few remaining unlimited data customers (including myself) are the ones most informed and willing to fight to ensure we keep it.

InfiniteClouds

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Update: The reps at the store Masheen went to knew what was up as far as full-retail/keeping unlimited data. It was a long wait but the kid took care of it quickly and I was able to get my 64GB Turbo at full retail w/o changing the plan. I could see the unlimited data still there as he put it through, and checked again once I got home.

They ALSO told me, however, that I couldn't buy the phone and bring it home without activating it in store.

ajc312

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I Early Edge'd where I joined before my contract expired.

So did you need to trade in your phone? And did they credit you the $100 trade-in? I'd like to go the same route you did, but I'd hate to miss out on the $100 promo, especially if they're going to make me trade in my phone anyway. Thanks in advance!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz