Droid Turbo on AT&T?

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
No LTE. Everything else works fine. The Verizon messages app is set as the default text app. I had to change that to just the regular messaging app to get MMS to work.

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
OK. It does now seem to be getting LTE some of the time. The signal seems weaker in most spots. Like in my house its showing 1 bar where every other phone i have is always 3-5.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Might need to try an APN. I just put the Sim in and it seemed to work OK. And after a reboot it started showing LTE

anon175469

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Might need to try an APN. I just put the Sim in and it seemed to work OK. And after a reboot it started showing LTE

It looks like the Turbo supports all the AT&T LTE bands but 1900 and 2300 - but I *think* 700 and 1700 are the main frequencies? I also have a Turbo and we just moved to AT&T. I want to make sure if I do this I'll be covered...

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
LTE shows on a reboot. If I leave an LTE area it goes to 3g and then LTE never comes back until I either disable data or reboot. Phone seems to work OK. But probably wise to wait for the international version that is rumored.

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Then there is the issue of voice and data at the same time. We don't have to deal with that problem with Att, but since this is a Verizon phone, or disconnects calls if you try to do any data stuff while on the phone. Really dumb problem that Verizon has never really figured out how to do well.

Last edited:

Budroid

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Then there is the issue of voice and data at the same time. We don't have to deal with that problem with Att, but since this is a Verizon phone, or disconnects calls if you try to do any data stuff while on the phone. Really dumb problem that Verizon has never really figured out how to do well.

Does that mean even with the AT&T SIM it disables data when making a phone call? Also, what APN are you using? I'm on AT&T and really would love to have this phone but I don't know if it is worth the trouble if I'm going to have issues.

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Does that mean even with the AT&T SIM it disables data when making a phone call? Also, what APN are you using? I'm on AT&T and really would love to have this phone but I don't know if it is worth the trouble if I'm going to have issues.

Yes. I guess it doesn't have the right hardware to do both even on Att. I found it to be too much negative. Though it was my favorite phone .

codyorr82

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Are you talking about just restarting it, picked up a droid turbo and I'm getting the h+,I've heard of people getting 4g but so far all I've had for the past week is h+

VagrantSaint

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site

I do voice and data all the time with my Turbo. Have to have Advanced Calling enabled. And I think you have to live in an area where Verizon had VoLTE. Which many places do I think

Posted via the Android Central App