10-12-2015 05:30 PM
1,125 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    Kit-Kat had Droid Maxx users going nuts at launch. Maybe the Turbo is suffering a bit and you'll see an increase after Lollipop.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo
    A guy can dream.
    Eclipse2K likes this.
    11-05-2014 12:35 AM
    A guy can dream.
    Activate the day dream feature before you dream!

11-05-2014 12:39 AM
    Activate the day dream feature before you dream!

Except that might give me nightmares because it will wear on my battery!
    11-05-2014 12:41 AM
    Try unchecking the Always Scanning and Avoid Poor Connections as well as changing Always On to Only While Plugged in. That did the trick for me.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo
    11-05-2014 12:41 AM
    Try unchecking the Always Scanning and Avoid Poor Connections as well as changing Always On to Only While Plugged in. That did the trick for me.

Where are those in the menus?
    11-05-2014 12:43 AM
    At what point am I allowed to say I'm just not that impressed by the battery. I'm down to 28% from having taken if off the charger this morning. I would have never been this low by the end of the day with my Maxx. Sure, It will make me through a day, but no where near as impressively as the commercials touted. This is the battery life that swayed me from the G2 back to the Maxx.
    If battery life is regressing by the day, that says less about the hardware and more about the software you have added to the mix. Just MO

11-05-2014 12:43 AM
    Post screen shots of your screen on time when posting screen shots. It would really be helpful.
    11-05-2014 12:47 AM
    If battery life is regressing by the day, that says less about the hardware and more about the software you have added to the mix. Just MO

I wouldn't say its regressing. Its just not progressing like I was hoping it would with some phone break in time.
    11-05-2014 12:47 AM
    I wouldn't say its regressing. Its just not progressing like I was hoping it would with some phone break in time.
    I hear ya. As has been said, expectations are a killer...and KitKat honestly was the worst thing that ever happened to my Droid Razr M. Lollipop couldn't possibly be the same or worse.

11-05-2014 12:51 AM
    Post screen shots of your screen on time when posting screen shots. It would really be helpful.
    Here you go. Looking at this, it looks like Wifi was on all day. That is suppose to turn off after I leave my house. I'll have to check that while I'm at work tomorrow

11-05-2014 12:52 AM
    If it gets you through the day without an issue who cares? Seriously, you don't need the phone to last longer while its able to be on the charger while you sleep. I'm sorry but unless the phone dies on you during the day than there's no reason to be upset. I quoted you because it helps make my point but I am not actually singling you out.

Because he didn't buy the phone under the pretense of "getting through the day". Lots of phones get through the day.
    The KILLER spec on this phone was supposed to be the battery life. The enticement here is that if you CANT get to a charger within the day, or need to go beyond, you could make it because it should achieve 48 hour usage. If you're just making it through the day, well then in the situation however rare it may be that you can't charge it's going to let you down.

You're mentality towards it is like buying a car that supposedly does 0-60 in 4 seconds, finding out it does it in 10 seconds, but settling because eventually it gets you to 60.
    Snareman likes this.
    11-05-2014 12:53 AM
    Pic of Wifi advanced settings? I think those hold your problem.

11-05-2014 12:54 AM
    Go to the battery stat menu before that, and tap the screen section. Post a screen shot of that it should show youre screen time. Unless you have an app, Wifi will remain on until you manually shut it off.
    11-05-2014 12:58 AM
    Pic of Wifi advanced settings? I think those hold your problem.

Ah, that's where those settings are. I went and unchecked always scanning and avoid poor connections like you suggested. Although, I would think that avoiding poor connections would be a good battery saving thing wouldn't it? Or am I thinking about it wrong?
    11-05-2014 12:59 AM
    Because he didn't buy the phone under the pretense of "getting through the day". Lots of phones get through the day.
    The KILLER spec on this phone was supposed to be the battery life. The enticement here is that if you CANT get to a charger within the day, or need to go beyond, you could make it because it should achieve 48 hour usage. If you're just making it through the day, well then in the situation however rare it may be that you can't charge it's going to let you down.

You're mentality towards it is like buying a car that supposedly does 0-60 in 4 seconds, finding out it does it in 10 seconds, but settling because eventually it gets you to 60.
    Your car analogy is flawed.

As is your battery life. The Droid Turbo outlasts EVERY SINGLE smartphone released this year. If you could get through the day with the Galaxy S5 and claim all day battery life I'd say you never use your phone. I throw everything at my Droid and it lasts the whole day no matter what. 48 hours is based on ideal conditions that EVERY manufacturer uses in their laboratory tests. Of course none of us are going to see 48 hours but the majority of us will go without a charge until bed time. That doesn't change the fact that the Turbo has amazing battery life even though you all take the 48 hour claim as...

"They claimed 48 hours so I should be able to get that much display time! Why am I only getting 6 hours?!"

The only car analogy you can use is gas milage and guess what? Those too vary!

11-05-2014 01:00 AM
    My car analogy wasn't 'flawed'. It represented settling for something less than advertised.
    And I haven't seen a single screen shot of a droid turbo that's had better battery life than my moto x. which is 1500 mah less battery capacity.

No one said they were expecting 48 hours SOT. But it should be considerably better than the 3.5-5hr SOT that seems to be the average.
    11-05-2014 01:04 AM
    Go to the battery stat menu before that, and tap the screen section. Post a screen shot of that it should show youre screen time. Unless you have an app, Wifi will remain on until you manually shut it off.
    Yes. I'm using an app that should turn off wifi when I leave my house. I'll have to check that tomorrow. That may not be helping things. It lists wifi as using only 8% though.

Here is the screen time.

11-05-2014 01:04 AM
    People get so ****hurt when you make logical points against a device they own, like you're talking about their child lol.
    hannsoft likes this.
    11-05-2014 01:06 AM
    That's exactly the percentage of wifi use on my device daily. That's not your issue I'm afraid.
    11-05-2014 01:08 AM
    My car analogy wasn't 'flawed'. It represented settling for something less than advertised.
    And I haven't seen a single screen shot of a droid turbo that's had better battery life than my moto x. which is 1500 mah less battery capacity.

No one said they were expecting 48 hours SOT. But it should be considerably better than the 3.5-5hr SOT that seems to be the average.
    It is flawed.

Gas mileage = Battery life. Represents how far you can go on one tank of gas/charge.

Processor speeds = 0-60 in a car.

Your battery life will vary highly due to screen brightness, activities done, display on time, talk time, idle time, etc.

Your gas milage will vary from tire pressure, road conditions, temperature, idling, rapid acceleration, etc.

That's comparable. If you feel the Turbo battery isn't great than I welcome any of you to go back to what makes you happy. This thread should be about helping others achieve better results. Not about "Motorola lied!". That doesn't help anyone. Now, show your MotoX battery life and we will see how good that thing gets.

11-05-2014 01:09 AM
    People get so ****hurt when you make logical points against a device they own, like you're talking about their child lol.
    I could care less if someone dislikes a device that I bought. It doesn't have any effect on me at all so why would I care? I'm making a point that if you're on Android Central you're more than likely not the "Average User" that 48 hour estimate targets.

11-05-2014 01:11 AM
    @Snareman If you have the "always scanning" checked the battery report will show wifi on all the time even if you've turned it off. Because it's always scanning. Unchecking that should solve the problem. In all likelihood your app is probably turning it off per your setup.
    11-05-2014 01:11 AM
    Processor speeds would equal hp in a car, and 0-60 would equal benchmark tests if you want to play this silly analogy game.

And you talk about helping people achieve better battery life, yet your posts are putting down people who are complaining about their battery life. Go take a look in a mirror boss.
    11-05-2014 01:12 AM
    Processor speeds would equal hp in a car, and 0-60 would equal benchmark tests if you want to play this silly analogy game.

And you talk about helping people achieve better battery life, yet your posts are putting down people who are complaining about their battery life. Go take a look in a mirror boss.
    Take a look? I've helped more people on this site than most of you in here. You're all coming into these threads ******** about battery because of a rough 48 hour claim. Yes, its not what you expected but unfortunately no estimates are ever as promised. We can help each other get the best battery possible for a given situation. If you're going to be away from a charger for ages than you gotta disable sync, lower brightness, etc. Or get a portable charger. I've gotten 6 hours of display time + 2 hours talk on one charge with about 10% to spare. The battery lasts as long as the Droid Maxx ever did for me.

11-05-2014 01:16 AM
    I could care less if someone dislikes a device that I bought. It doesn't have any effect on me at all so why would I care? I'm making a point that if you're on Android Central you're more than likely not the "Average User" that 48 hour estimate targets.

I didnt say i don't like the droid turbo. But there's a problem where it's not getting the battery life it should given the specs. And pointing that out makes you very upset it appears
    11-05-2014 01:17 AM
1,125 ... 1314151617 ...