Droid Turbo: Battery Life

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
barely used my phone at office today, still not seeing the crazy battery life that some of you are posting. 44% for less than an hour of SOT.

Regardless, I am going to swap out my phone tomorrow for a new one due to the fraying on the ballistic nylon around the camera and moto logo...
2014-11-04 03.40.04.jpg2014-11-04 03.39.51.jpg2014-11-04 03.39.43.jpg

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
barely used my phone at office today, still not seeing the crazy battery life that some of you are posting. 44% for less than an hour of SOT.

Regardless, I am going to swap out my phone tomorrow for a new one due to the fraying on the ballistic nylon around the camera and moto logo...
View attachment 145693View attachment 145694View attachment 145695

Your phone was held awake for over 6hours. that's the problem. PS. Why did you have blue tooth on for the whole 14hrs?

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

Last edited:

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I guess we should have posted this earlier in the thread. Better late than never!

"Only applies to optimized Motorola devices with Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 2.0 technology such as the new Moto X. Battery must be substantially depleted; charging rate slows as charging progresses. All battery life claims are approximate and based on an average mixed use profile that includes both usage and standby time. Actual battery performance will vary and depends on many factors including signal strength, network configuration, age of battery, operating temperature, features selected, device settings, and voice, data, and other application usage patterns."

From Motorola website in description for Turbo Charger.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I guess we should have posted this earlier in the thread. Better late than never!

"Only applies to optimized Motorola devices with Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 2.0 technology such as the new Moto X. Battery must be substantially depleted; charging rate slows as charging progresses. All battery life claims are approximate and based on an average mixed use profile that includes both usage and standby time. Actual battery performance will vary and depends on many factors including signal strength, network configuration, age of battery, operating temperature, features selected, device settings, and voice, data, and other application usage patterns."

From Motorola website in description for Turbo Charger.

Good info!

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Question for everyone. Does your battery drop from 100% to 99% almost immediately every time? My battery has been pretty good but I always notice this and it seems the first 10% goes quicker than the rest. I know the 10% is rather normal though.

Jay Evans

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Day 2 after first full charge.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 4357.jpg
    4357.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 4358.jpg
    4358.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 93

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Question for everyone. Does your battery drop from 100% to 99% almost immediately every time? My battery has been pretty good but I always notice this and it seems the first 10% goes quicker than the rest. I know the 10% is rather normal though.

yes mine drops to 99% as soon as its unplugged.

sodaboy581

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
That's really pretty good for such bad signal!

Yeah, I live in a building that has pretty strong walls like... everywhere... so... signal is usually poor with all providers. T-Mobile = No signal, AT&T = No/very faint depending where you stand... Verizon = Very faint/Moderate signal.

I was thinking about getting one of those cell repeaters, but I really don't need it. I mostly just care about data. I can use my "Hangouts Dialer" to call using my Google Voice number for Wi-Fi calling on Verizon, but I can also use my place's land line in an emergency. :p

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Same. My phone drops to 99 or 98 within minutes (or immediately) after unplugging. But then it goes back to normal and barely sips power. It might just be that the phone isn't really at 100 when you take it off the charger and once you take it off, it re-calibrates.

nconfer13

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site

Yes, every time so far.

anon(5709734)

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
OK...battery is the main reason I got this phone. Got a full charge this morning, running GSam battery app. Let's see what this thing can do........

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois