10-12-2015 05:30 PM
1,125 ... 1516171819 ...
tools
    Ok, I have to call BS on this. I've been following this pretty closely, including following the long battery thread on the X'14 forum, and there simply are not "quite a few" people posting documented, routine 6hr SOT and/or 14-20 hour total time. And absolutely not both together. I welcome your screen shots to prove me wrong..
    Screen shots above. Im off the charger for 14-18 hr every day. The lowest SOT ive had was 3:50 ish, was using my phone as a flashlight for an hour while working on a car in the dark.
    11-05-2014 02:11 AM
    Stand by.
    Publish your battery ! - Pg. 29 | Moto X (2014) | XDA Forums
    Publish your battery ! - Pg. 27 | Moto X (2014) | XDA Forums

Peruse through those pages. There's a few getting 6:30 SOT. My best so far was 6:12
    I seriously need to switch carriers. Lol

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo
    11-05-2014 02:12 AM

It just depends on if you like having a constant signal or not. ATT and Sprint people get horrible reception in the hospital where I work.
    Eclipse2K likes this.
    11-05-2014 02:14 AM

My problem is...I want to know why. I'm inquisitive by nature. Was an auto tech for 6 years. I couldn't just replace a part. I NEEDED to know why it failed. Why is verizons network such a damn battery hog? They have great data coverage. It doesn't make sense...
    11-05-2014 02:17 AM
    It's still uncertain if the "Moto Maxx" is going to be released for US carriers. If it is, I guarantee the battery life is leaps and bounds over then Turbo. I will certainly buy one and test it if its available here.
    11-05-2014 02:20 AM
    Ok, I have to call BS on this. I've been following this pretty closely, including following the long battery thread on the X'14 forum, and there simply are not "quite a few" people posting documented, routine 6hr SOT and/or 14-20 hour total time. And absolutely not both together. I welcome your screen shots to prove me wrong.

...adding, in no way do I mean to dis the X. In fact, most people are actually pleasantly surprised at what can be squeezed out of that phone. It can meet many people's needs - typically 2.5 to 4hrs SOT and power to get through a day. In fact, the moral in both cases - the X'14 and the Turbo -- is that battery specs alone do not tell the story.
    I got outta my d*m* bed just to agree with you Robisan. I've followed that Moto X battery thread since I pre-ordered my Motomaker X on 10/3. Ain't no way even 1% of those people are getting 6hrs screen time with 14-20hr up time. This guy is straight trolling...better yet... He is the 1%

Peace out. Turbozzzzzzzz

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo
    11-05-2014 02:29 AM
    I got outta my d*m* bed just to agree with you Robisan. I've followed that Moto X battery thread since I pre-ordered my Motomaker X on 10/3. Ain't no way even 1% of those people are getting 6hrs screen time with 14-20hr up time. This guy is straight trolling...better yet... He is the 1%

Peace out. Turbozzzzzzzz

Its possible on a carrier other than Verizon though. The issue were realizing now is it may be a mix of KitKat & Verizon.

And out of bed? Haha, who you kidding? You're in bed with the phone!

11-05-2014 02:35 AM

Peace out. Turbozzzzzzzz

What happened to "Unfollowed, unsubscribed, turbofied homogonized turbo activated"?

I've posted my screen shots, a link to where others are getting similar results. Better yet, how about YOUR response to my screen shots in that thread!! lol

0-19-2014, 12:58 PM #208 Report Post
    Posts772 Posts
    That is great! I've had similar results.

Just wanted to share that when I am in a low signal area (like at work) all day it cuts these times in HALF

Sent from Uranus
    And the link to that page :
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...n-shots-9.html

So who's the troll here?
    11-05-2014 02:38 AM
    Its possible on a carrier other than Verizon though. The issue were realizing now is it may be a mix of KitKat & Verizon.

And out of bed? Haha, who you kidding? You're in bed with the phone!

He not only followed that thread, but claimed to get similar results to me. Pretty interesting.
    11-05-2014 02:40 AM
    Also, in the same thread YOU posted in, on the same page there's a screen shot of one with over 1 day total time and 5:14 SOT. I do this for a living, you're not fooling anyone.

Not getting out of bed to respond this time I'll assume. But in that thread we started to discuss the network discrepancies, and someone even started a poll to try and figure out if the battery differences were network related. I'd really love to see what the Turbo would do on a GSM network..
    11-05-2014 02:55 AM
    He not only followed that thread, but claimed to get similar results to me. Pretty interesting.
    You got 5.5hrs (not 6) of SOT with 10hrs (not 16-20) of total up time...with very good signal the whole time. Read my WHOLE comment - I followed with a caveat that these times are cut in half in my usual work (and home) areas where there is poor signal.

Nothing about your absurd claims are close to the real life average experience of X users on VZW, except the cutting times in half part...since most of us VZW users are in low to medium 4g signal the majority of our day.

Nighty night.

11-05-2014 03:03 AM
    This guy is straight trolling...better yet... He is the 1%

Peace out. Turbozzzzzzzz

Here's my screen shots as of right now. Possibly the worst I've gotten so far. I was on a mountain searching for someone for almost 2 hours with no signal. And I could still squeeze 5 hours of SOT if I take it further..Droid Turbo: Battery Life-screenshot_2014-11-05-02-57-19.jpgDroid Turbo: Battery Life-screenshot_2014-11-05-02-57-24.jpgDroid Turbo: Battery Life-screenshot_2014-11-05-02-57-34.jpg
    11-05-2014 03:09 AM
    The Turbo doubles that. What's your point? Do you want a Turbo? Then buy one. If not then stop dumping on Turbo threads.

1901Madison likes this.
    11-05-2014 03:12 AM
    You got 5.5hrs (not 6) of SOT with 10hrs (not 16-20) of total up time...with very good signal the whole time. Read my WHOLE comment - I followed with a caveat that these times are cut in half in my usual work (and home) areas where there is poor signal.

Nothing about your absurd claims are close to the real life average experience of X users on VZW, except the cutting times in half part...since most of us VZW users are in low to medium 4g signal the majority of our day.

You must be a Democrat, cuz you obviously don't work for a living and just got owned in every way. Nighty night.

You must've missed the screen shots i ATTACHED ABOVE where I had 5:46 SOT over 16 hours. Or the links where there are others getting 5, 6, 6:30 SOT with 16 hr to OVER A DAY total time.

It's not my problem you're in a low to medium signal area most of the day. I'm not, and I've proven my battery time.

On a serious note...how old are you? I mean, your avatar picture shows a middle aged man. But judging by your responses, both grammar and maturity I'd guess you to be far younger. Either way, your assumptions of me A) being a troll, B) not having a job, and C) being a democrat are completely wrong. But that's neither here nor there. I've posted useful info with facts, screen shots etc. You've managed to call me a troll, and make assumptions of me personally with no real contributions to the discussion.
    11-05-2014 03:15 AM
    As a matter of fact, I do want a turbo. Which is why I follow the device and am curious as to the battery life issues. I'm not dumping on anything, trying to figure out a valid concern.

But you claim the turbo does double that? So are you now going to provide screen shots of 36hr total on time with 7hr SOT? Or are you just spewing?
    Eclipse2K likes this.
    11-05-2014 03:19 AM
    I have not decided yet on the DT....but I am an original Droid Razr Maxx user from day 1 (Feb 2012). I've been able to eke out 2 days on it even recently, with light usage in a mountainous/not greatest signal area, on an almost 3 year old battery, so of course this whole thread is of high interest to me.

I am very curious about why so many of your screenshots show WiFi always on? Perhaps it is that I still have unlimited data, but I keep WiFi and GPS turned off unless I actually have need of them.
    What is the benefit of having those two radios always drawing charge?
    11-05-2014 06:04 AM
    I have not decided yet on the DT....but I am an original Droid Razr Maxx user from day 1 (Feb 2012). I've been able to eke out 2 days on it even recently, with light usage in a mountainous/not greatest signal area, on an almost 3 year old battery, so of course this whole thread is of high interest to me.

I am very curious about why so many of your screenshots show WiFi always on? Perhaps it is that I still have unlimited data, but I keep WiFi and GPS turned off unless I actually have need of them.
    What is the benefit of having those two radios always drawing charge?
    WiFi is better on the battery if you're connected. I don't turn WiFi off just so it connects automatically and I don't need the minimal battery savings. Also, I no longer have unlimited data but even when I did I still did things the same.

LTE - 5 Mbps
    WiFi - 130 Mbps

So you can really see why I'd do it.

11-05-2014 06:13 AM
    Try unchecking the Always Scanning and Avoid Poor Connections as well as changing Always On to Only While Plugged in. That did the trick for me.

Wouldn't unchecking "Only When Plugged In" be problematic? What's the point of being on WiFi if that is toggled?
    11-05-2014 06:37 AM
    I had it unplugged with heavy use for 8 hours and went from 100% to 30%. Not bad if you ask me. My DNA would have been dead in an hour. Lol.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-05-2014 06:39 AM
    Wouldn't unchecking "Only When Plugged In" be problematic? What's the point of being on WiFi if that is toggled?
    Keep the WiFi on always on or else it will turn off and go back to 4g data. WiFi is better on battery.
    Guate2 likes this.
    11-05-2014 07:06 AM
    For throughput speeds, sure...when I know I'm downloading, I'll turn wifi on, saves time. But for casual occasional browsing? Could you direct me to studies that show wifi is better on the battery? Obviously I'm doing quite well on an old battery with it turned off....in the meantime, maybe I'll try that for a couple of days, see how it goes.
    11-05-2014 07:07 AM
    I guess the most frustrating aspect of it is the fact that I have an LTE Nexus 7 with everything enabled all the time (yes, even GPS), stream hours of video and music with it daily, much more screen on time and it still seems to out perform my Turbo. I have had my N7 screen on for about an hour this am and it is only at 99%!

Both the N7 and the Turbo have roughly the same battery size, and are both running Kit Kat, so why is one performing much better than the other?
    Naes993 likes this.
    11-05-2014 07:45 AM
    N7 has been out and "tuned-up" awhile, DT as a model is very new, and still subject to refinements by Motorola, would be my conjecture.
    11-05-2014 08:06 AM
    So here are my stats from yesterday. This morning I woke up with 20% left. I'm a heavy user for work and leisure. I'm mildly satisfied with the results. Doesn't seem like I have an app that is doing a lot of damage

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo: Battery Life-350.jpg   Droid Turbo: Battery Life-351.jpg  
    11-05-2014 08:40 AM
    I guess the most frustrating aspect of it is the fact that I have an LTE Nexus 7 with everything enabled all the time (yes, even GPS), stream hours of video and music with it daily, much more screen on time and it still seems to out perform my Turbo. I have had my N7 screen on for about an hour this am and it is only at 99%!

Both the N7 and the Turbo have roughly the same battery size, and are both running Kit Kat, so why is one performing much better than the other?
    You can't compare a tablet to a phone for battery life sake. The nexus doesn't have any cellular radios, only a data radio for LTE. Cellular signal is a major drain on a phone. The nexus also doesn't have such a power hungry processor, or screen resolution.
    11-05-2014 09:53 AM
1,125 ... 1516171819 ...