10-12-2015 05:30 PM
1,125 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    So here are my stats from yesterday. This morning I woke up with 20% left. I'm a heavy user for work and leisure. I'm mildly satisfied with the results. Doesn't seem like I have an app that is doing a lot of damage

Posted via the Android Central App
    What was your screen on time?
    11-05-2014 10:02 AM

I am very curious about why so many of your screenshots show WiFi always on? Perhaps it is that I still have unlimited data, but I keep WiFi and GPS turned off unless I actually have need of them.
    What is the benefit of having those two radios always drawing charge?
    I leave WiFi on because I'm forgetful, and wouldn't remember to turn it on in a WiFi area. Its a negligible drain on my battery anyway. I've shut it off when not in a WiFi area and have noticed no discernable difference in battery life.
    11-05-2014 10:13 AM
    I am routinely plugging in my phone at night with over 50% battery remaining and over 4 hours of SOT (~17 hours of total unplugged time). I've never let the phone keep going to see how many total hours SOT I could get if I let it go to 0 because that's pointless, but simple math would tell you I should be able to get 8-9 hours SOT over ~30-35 total hours.

I apologize, I do not have screenshots because I don't think to take a screenshot every time I look at my battery stats, but I promise I will take one tonight and post tomorrow. Before you all jump down my throat, remember that this QHD screen is one of the biggest battery hogs on the Turbo and I keep my brightness between 10-15% while inside, which is 95% or more of my day. And yes, I think 10-15% is plenty bright enough indoors.
    11-05-2014 10:13 AM
    Wouldn't unchecking "Only When Plugged In" be problematic? What's the point of being on WiFi if that is toggled?
    It's never posed a problem for me bc it only turns off Wifi when in deep sleep. Turns right back on when data is accessed.

IMO this will save battery life and is the reason so many people are wondering why they don't get longer life from Turbo battery. The other reason is that people need to UNCHECK the Always Scanning option.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo
    11-05-2014 10:31 AM
    I would say the battery is only slightly better than the Note4 I had. Honestly the Note4 seemed to sip power a little better than the Turbo. With the same habits as the Note4 I'm loosing 10% between my alarm 6am and 8am doing nothing but checking email once. That seems excessive to me. The Note would barely loose charge if the wasn't lit. With the Turbo it doesn't seem to matter.

BTW, what the heck is the command center and why is it 2nd in line behind screen time for battery usage?
    11-05-2014 11:25 AM
    Command center:

Stay in control with DROID Command Center widget

Tangentially relevant thread:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...nd-center.html

I'm getting similar battery life to last charge, already posted, but will make some setting changes, most notably going to auto-brightness from mid-range manual, and toggling wi-fi to off when asleep except when plugged in. At that point, after noting results, I'll take the most current software update (phone is still running on original software as received) then compare results, both on battery life and Antutu benchmarks.

So far, looking good.
    11-05-2014 11:41 AM
    Stand by.
    Publish your battery ! - Pg. 29 | Moto X (2014) | XDA Forums
    Publish your battery ! - Pg. 27 | Moto X (2014) | XDA Forums

Peruse through those pages. There's a few getting 6:30 SOT. My best so far was 6:12
    First, props to you for being able to get that performance. Sure wish I had your great mobile network connection, which certainly helps your cause. That said, you link to two pages of a 29-page xda thread that themselves only have a few posts containing examples approaching your claim -- and most of them are from the UK, which doesn't have sucky Verizon. That's not "quite a few of us" nor does in demonstrate that your performance claim for the X is routinely achieved. IMO that's what you tried to imply.

(disclaimer again - not intending to dis the X, which does routinely overperform its battery specs.)
    11-05-2014 11:41 AM
    What was your screen on time?
    So far my average is 5:15 SOT. made a few adjustments to see if it gets better

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-05-2014 12:08 PM
    I dunno; I really wanted to love this phone, but so far, the battery has not been up to par for me. Yesterday, it drained pretty quickly with just over 4 1/2 hours of screen time, and today is even worse. Off the charger at 7am, it's now just after noon, and I'm down to 63% battery. This is with 2 hours 5 minutes of screen time and wifi on since 9am. Have all bloat disabled, wifi always scanning turned off, wifi on only when plugged, etc. etc.

Just doesn't seem all that's it advertised as...
    11-05-2014 12:09 PM
    Here are a couple of screen shots from today. If anyone has any input, I would greatly appreciate it!

Droid Turbo: Battery Life-screen-shot-1.png

Droid Turbo: Battery Life-screen-shot-2.png
    11-05-2014 12:15 PM
    My biggest issue with the battery so far is the idle drain, at least upon my initial analysis. When I unplug at like 3am in the morning and then wake up for real at 7am to go to work, my phone will go down like 6%-10% with wifi on and nothing auto syncing. Maybe it's just interpreting the battery more effectively than the Maxx, but my Maxx would stay close to 100% during that period.

This has big implications for the rest of my day. If I pick up my phone at 90% when I first start using it, then at the end of the day I find myself moderating my use.

The one thing that's easily better on this phone; is that the rate of discharge seems much more consistent. Once I hit 25%, I feel like it's close to an actual 25% whereas the Maxx would go down pretty fast from there.

In that respect, maybe it's just a matter of preference in terms of how I want my stats to be observed. I guess 1.25% per hour discharge (as seen in these screen shots) while unplugged is not really bad. 6% in 5.5 hours is probably nothing to worry about. Just a different reading than I would see on my Maxx, which gives me the perception initially that this battery is not as good. But this thing definitely seems to balance things out as the battery falls below 40%, so maybe it's all in my head.

Yesterday I definitely got results that were as good or better than I was getting on my Maxx recently.

Also, randomly- anybody notice that this phone seems to handle calls really well. I'll be on the phone for an hour and it loses almost nothing, but maybe that's because it disconnects from data during calls??
    Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo: Battery Life-1415207294776.jpg   Droid Turbo: Battery Life-1415207309765.jpg  
    1901Madison likes this.
    11-05-2014 12:16 PM
    It's never posed a problem for me bc it only turns off Wifi when in deep sleep. Turns right back on when data is accessed.

IMO this will save battery life and is the reason so many people are wondering why they don't get longer life from Turbo battery. The other reason is that people need to UNCHECK the Always Scanning option.

Didn't realize that only happened in DEEP sleep. Good to know. I've been running on LTE only most of the day today, and there are far fewer wake locks for sure. My only concern is when I am on wifi in a dead cell zone. That could really chew the battery if wifi shuts off.
    11-05-2014 01:08 PM
    Here are a couple of screen shots from today. If anyone has any input, I would greatly appreciate it!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen shot 1.png 
Views:	138 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	146044

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen shot 2.png 
Views:	136 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	146045
    Wifi is on almost the whole time. I think that's what is killing it. Any idea why it's on that long?

11-05-2014 01:27 PM
    Didn't realize that only happened in DEEP sleep. Good to know. I've been running on LTE only most of the day today, and there are far fewer wake locks for sure. My only concern is when I am on wifi in a dead cell zone. That could really chew the battery if wifi shuts off.
    Wifi is just for data. The voice connection is independent of the mobile data connection so you're gonna have a low voice signal regardless.

11-05-2014 01:29 PM
    My biggest issue with the battery so far is the idle drain, at least upon my initial analysis. When I unplug at like 3am in the morning and then wake up for real at 7am to go to work, my phone will go down like 6%-10% with wifi on and nothing auto syncing. Maybe it's just interpreting the battery more effectively than the Maxx, but my Maxx would stay close to 100% during that period.

This has big implications for the rest of my day. If I pick up my phone at 90% when I first start using it, then at the end of the day I find myself moderating my use.

The one thing that's easily better on this phone; is that the rate of discharge seems much more consistent. Once I hit 25%, I feel like it's close to an actual 25% whereas the Maxx would go down pretty fast from there.

In that respect, maybe it's just a matter of preference in terms of how I want my stats to be observed. I guess 1.25% per hour discharge (as seen in these screen shots) while unplugged is not really bad. 6% in 5.5 hours is probably nothing to worry about. Just a different reading than I would see on my Maxx, which gives me the perception initially that this battery is not as good. But this thing definitely seems to balance things out as the battery falls below 40%, so maybe it's all in my head.

Yesterday I definitely got results that were as good or better than I was getting on my Maxx recently.

Also, randomly- anybody notice that this phone seems to handle calls really well. I'll be on the phone for an hour and it loses almost nothing, but maybe that's because it disconnects from data during calls??
    Agree 100% with this entire post. I think people think the MAXX had battery battery life, but only because it was less consistent. The Turbo discharges at a very consistent rate, whereas the MAXX would hang at 100 for a long time and then go faster through other percentages.
    11-05-2014 01:42 PM
    Hers my first full charge with day to day use.
    Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo: Battery Life-1415214667496.jpg  
    11-05-2014 02:11 PM
    Wifi is on almost the whole time. I think that's what is killing it. Any idea why it's on that long?

I've had it on while at my office, thinking it would drain less battery than 4g would. Not the case?
    11-05-2014 02:31 PM
    Got my Turbo yesterday and I chose it primarily for the battery. I was using a Samsung Galaxy S3 with a Seidio extended battery 3500mAh. On the SG3 I would be checking the battery all day long. I am a h over end user who is on Gmail am day on the phone with occasional other battery hogging apps.

Charged my Turbo overnight to 100%. I took it off my charger a at 7 am. Unlike most days I have the day of and slept in. Occasionally I did "Check emails" but mostly I slept.

Here is my battery usage.

[IMG][/IMG]

11-05-2014 02:32 PM
    🔝🔝
    Note : this is very similar to what I was getting on my Samsung SGS3 with the 3500 mAh battery that was less than 2 years old.

I want a battery life that I can go all day and into the night if I have a night meeting or dinner. Fine if by 9pm it is fine if almost dead
    11-05-2014 02:36 PM
    Very Nice RXgadget! That is pretty much what I'm seeing on my days off. When really burn the screen on Auto brightness I get about 8-10 hours screen on time.

11-05-2014 02:36 PM
    I've had it on while at my office, thinking it would drain less battery than 4g would. Not the case?
    Yeah firedogee....mine is lit up across the entire range of the battery too. Is it supposed to go off?

BTW, you are only #2 on the 'top posters' list - step it up!
    11-05-2014 06:37 PM
    Yeah firedogee....mine is lit up across the entire range of the battery too. Is it supposed to go off?

BTW, you are only #2 on the 'top posters' list - step it up!
    Just checked mine. So far the Wifi had been on for all ~8hours that the phone has been unplugged but only used 4% of total battery life and only <1min of CPU time. Does yours look at all like that?

PS. I'm trying not to post too much bc everybody seems to be mad that I like the Turbo and having a fully functional version.

Droid Turbo: Battery Life-screenshot_2014-11-05-16-52-19.jpg
    Droid Turbo: Battery Life-screenshot_2014-11-05-16-47-52.jpg
    Droid Turbo: Battery Life-screenshot_2014-11-05-01-41-18.jpg
    11-05-2014 06:50 PM
    Without the screen shots (because I'm feeling lazy), I've been up for 12 hours 25mins, wifi 100% of the time. 8% Battery usage. 40% remaining with only 1:30 screen time. Now that I'm typing it, seems like I should have more battery remaining with that little screen time. Does that seem right??

Anybody using a 'greenify-type' app with significant improvement? Never done that before.
    11-05-2014 07:08 PM
    FDogee...#1 what are you doing during the 7'46" that your phone is unplugged that has the screen on for 4'57"?? #2 how is it that you are averaging 7 hours of screen on per charge??
    11-05-2014 07:15 PM
    FDogee...#1 what are you doing during the 7'46" that your phone is unplugged that has the screen on for 4'57"?? #2 how is it that you are averaging 7 hours of screen on per charge??
    1) A little of this and a little of that... Oh and Gloating over the Dems #EpicFail
    2) Unicorn Tears

11-05-2014 07:46 PM
1,125 ... 1617181920 ...