10-12-2015 05:30 PM
1,125 ... 2425262728 ...
tools
    I'm quite disappointed with the battery life so far... Why does cell standby use so much? I know 3 people that have the droid maxx and their cell standby is 4%-9%... My Turbo is always over 25%. Plus, my mom has droid maxx, has screen brightness turned way up, plays games on it a lot during the day. And her battery last longer than my turbo battery, with my screen on auto, don't play games, few text, and some Internet use. I just feel like it should last longer. Also, when it says it's fully charged and I unplug it, it goes down to 99% in about 40 seconds. it's doesn't even stay at 100% for a full minute.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo: Battery Life-6496.jpg  
    11-16-2014 02:50 PM
    The sudden drop to 99% is normal. The question is how much talk time/display time you have total when you took the image. Your stand by could be higher if you barely used it and that may be the case considering your remaining battery.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo
    11-16-2014 10:33 PM
    Sundays are usually lighter usage for me. Still, beyond happy with this result. My old HTC One M7 would have been dead hours ago. Droid Turbo: Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1416195959049.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    11-16-2014 10:46 PM
    Get gsam battery. It tells you more detailed stats. Everyone's drops to 99 then drops.
    11-16-2014 10:50 PM
    Ok, downloaded gsam battery, will update tomorrow. still seems crazy to me that cell standby is so much on the turbo when it's so low on the Maxx. Just checked my moms again and it's at 3% mine is now at 30%. Someone told me it might have something to do with how good of service I have, but we live in the same house, and work at the same place. so both phones are the same places.
    11-16-2014 11:11 PM
    Ok, downloaded gsam battery, will update tomorrow. still seems crazy to me that cell standby is so much on the turbo when it's so low on the Maxx. Just checked my moms again and it's at 3% mine is now at 30%. Someone told me it might have something to do with how good of service I have, but we live in the same house, and work at the same place. so both phones are the same places.
    Did you change your preferred network type from global to LTE/CDMA?
    11-16-2014 11:14 PM
    were you in an area with no service?
    Was on WiFi all day, but the 4G service shows 2 bars on the Turbo. On my old Bionic it was mostly always stronger than that (my seat in my living room.)
    11-17-2014 12:41 AM
    ...... it goes down to 99% in about 40 seconds. it's doesn't even stay at 100% for a full minute.

Well, logically speaking a 100% state can only be maintained for a split moment, unless on ac power. Even the slightest drain will reduce the battery to 99%.

I do agree that I do not see a marked difference from my Maxx to the Turbo. Using it the same way I don't fee like I get much more battery time. But since the battery life of the Maxx was very good, I'm OK with it.
    I just don't see the promised extended battery life at all.
    Just my experience.... Others my see it differently.

11-17-2014 07:30 AM
    Well, logically speaking a 100% state can only be maintained for a split moment, unless on ac power. Even the slightest drain will reduce the battery to 99%.

I do agree that I do not see a marked difference from my Maxx to the Turbo. Using it the same way I don't fee like I get much more battery time. But since the battery life of the Maxx was very good, I'm OK with it.
    I just don't see the promised extended battery life at all.
    Just my experience.... Others my see it differently.

How long have you had the Turbo? I felt the same way as you for about 9 days, and then something seemed to settle in. The battery is much more consistent on the Turbo than the Maxx from the moment you pull it off the charger. On the Maxx, once you went below 50%, it seemed to go much faster than the first 50%, and once you got below 20%, mine was very quick to jump down to 8%, and so on. This phone at 30%, or even 20% will give you hours of more use and tons of SOT time. The Maxx could sit at 20% idle for a while, but heavy use would kill it fast. Overall, since this is a new phone, and I've been partially using it more as a result, I'm getting better stats on the Turbo than the Maxx. The idle drain on the Maxx appeared to be better, but in reality I think it just didn't interpret the battery drainage as accurately.
    11-17-2014 07:47 AM
    Actually, I found the "approach" quite useless, and am embarrassed to use the "Voice" feature anytime there are other people around. Turning those two things I don't really use off went a long way on extending the already good battery life.
    I find the approach feature very useful -- different strokes -- but agree on Moto Voice. Google Voice get's me what I need, and with Apex Launcher, I can launch OK Google with hotword detection from any screen, voice only.Turning off location is what has gained the most batter life for me. For the most part, I leave that off unless I need navigation, or an occasional app insists on it.
    11-17-2014 08:15 AM
    I'm quite disappointed with the battery life so far... Why does cell standby use so much? I know 3 people that have the droid maxx and their cell standby is 4%-9%... My Turbo is always over 25%. Plus, my mom has droid maxx, has screen brightness turned way up, plays games on it a lot during the day. And her battery last longer than my turbo battery, with my screen on auto, don't play games, few text, and some Internet use. I just feel like it should last longer. Also, when it says it's fully charged and I unplug it, it goes down to 99% in about 40 seconds. it's doesn't even stay at 100% for a full minute.

So, you are upset even though it looks like you will easily get 30+ hours from one charge?

The stand-by time could be high because you don't use your phone a lot, so it is in standby more than your mom's phone. Plus, if you leave BT or GPS on during the idle time, those will drain the battery as well, even if the phone is just sitting on the table. And finally, if your phone is in standby on a weak Wifi or 4G signal, that will also pull the battery down quickly.

With all that said, considering you are still getting 30+ hours of battery life, which seems to be the average from posts here, I think you are good to go.
    11-17-2014 11:39 AM
    I'm trouble finding google services

11-17-2014 11:48 AM
    Ha I'm trouble finding google services

In your apps listing there is a icon that looks like the settings icon. Its google services.
    11-17-2014 01:56 PM
    Should help bring your wake locks down. Let me know how it turns out.
    hey here goes the update after turning it off Droid Turbo: Battery Life-unnamed-3-.jpgDroid Turbo: Battery Life-unnamed-4-.jpgDroid Turbo: Battery Life-unnamed-5-.jpg
    11-17-2014 06:42 PM
    I'm loving this battery life..exceptional

11-17-2014 10:28 PM
    11-17-2014 10:37 PM
    Nothing crazy. The only thing I've turned off is Bluetooth and NFC. Google now,location services all moto assist stuff on including front sensors. About 60% WiFi the other driving around on LTE with varying signal strengths. Browsing the web,sending texts, Tapatalk. Only about 30 minutes of phone calls. It says I've averaged over 6 hours of sot and like 27 hours of standby. And getting better
    anon(5484072) likes this.
    11-17-2014 11:11 PM
    averaging 5% per hour today, was averaging slightly more in the last few days. just bought the phone last thursday. brightness down to about 30%, wifi always on, bluetooth usually on, frequently listening to music on spotify, sending messages through facebook messenger, hangouts and snapchat. piping my music into the car with a bluetooth kit.

i can live with 5% per hour, since my last 3 phones (iphone 5, galaxy nexus, EVO 4G) were all remarkably worse than that, even with me turning the LTE off on my iphone. the last day i had my iphone before trading it in, i went from a full charge to about 23% in four hours.
    11-17-2014 11:12 PM
    Been messing around with turning on and off various features to see what seems to really affect the battery. I don't know what the science is behind a battery settling in, but I really feel like this phone took a good 9-10 days to settle. Today was the first day I turned back on all the features since that 9 day period elapsed. When I first got the phone, I felt like I just wasn't getting enough juice, so I started playing with things to see how I can optimize my battery. At a certain point, even though I had turned some things off, making it impossible to know for sure, I hit a couple days in a row where my battery just seemed markedly better; and it hasn't stopped yet. Ever since that stretch began, I've wondered if it was just me turning off certain features or if something settled in. This is what I got today with everything back on. I'd say very heavy usage for almost 18 hours I've been awake. Not 48 hours, but I'll take this any day of the week.
    Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo: Battery Life-1416290616029.jpg   Droid Turbo: Battery Life-1416290628069.jpg   Droid Turbo: Battery Life-1416290641008.jpg  
    11-18-2014 01:06 AM
    I just got this phone yesterday and my battery seem to be draining pretty fast and i was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to make it last longer or if this will get better overtime?
    11-18-2014 02:12 PM
    The last 65 pages have a bunch of tips lol
    11-18-2014 02:13 PM
    I realize that but I'm not the most techy person
    11-18-2014 02:20 PM
    I realize that but I'm not the most techy person
    one thing is to clear the partition cache after an OS update(you should already have one update):
    Here's direction from motorolla
    1. With the phone powered off, press the VOL DOWN KEY for 2-3 seconds then POWER key then release.
    2. The device will display different BOOT OPTIONS
    3. Use the VOL DOWN Key to SCROLL to Recovery and POWER Key to select
    Tip: If the device reboots, you may have waited to long to make a selection, you will need to begin the process again.
    4. The device will display the Motorola logo and then the Android in distress ( logo with Exclamation mark)
    5. Press and hold the VOL UP key for 10-15 seconds. While still holding the VOL UP key tap and release the POWER key
    Tip: You can try this step, holding the phone in landscape. If you are stuck on step 6, try a force reboot by pressing the Power key and Vol Down key, and start the process again.
    6. The device will display additional menu options (Text will appear in BLUE)
    7. Use the VOL DOWN Key to scroll to wipe cache partition and the POWER Key to select this option
    8. The device will then perform the partition wipe
    9. The device will reboot and start the normal power up sequence
    bfranker likes this.
    11-18-2014 03:06 PM
    i have not seen any updates
    11-18-2014 03:09 PM
    i have not seen any updates
    one is available, I don't have my phone with me right now so my direction might be a little off:
    go into setting -> about phone -> check update
    11-18-2014 03:13 PM
1,125 ... 2425262728 ...