Droid Turbo: Battery Life

James Mallory

May 6, 2013
Visit site
My awake time is 12x my screen time. I am attaching a screenshot but I just reset my phone trying to eliminate whatever is keeping it awake. Before I reset it, awake time was 2x screen time over a period if almost 12 hours.

Is this normal? If not, how do I track it down?

download wakelock detector too see whats keeping it awake

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Here they are. Typically when I first open Gsam, my mA are 1200+. Pics I've seen here are much lower. Don't know if it is significant or not.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1415493681040.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415493681040.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 72
  • uploadfromtaptalk1415493689622.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415493689622.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 73
  • uploadfromtaptalk1415493697077.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415493697077.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 72

James Mallory

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Here they are. Typically when I first open Gsam, my mA are 1200+. Pics I've seen here are much lower. Don't know if it is significant or not.

The android system is using most of the battery, which could be location settings, the moto active display, the wifi settings. all of that. So far what have you disabled? as far as settings

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
The android system is using most of the battery, which could be location settings, the moto active display, the wifi settings. all of that. So far what have you disabled? as far as settings

Location is on battery saver, command center is disabled, im on wifi and I did leave the active a screen on but pretty much all other moto settings are off.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Holy smoke! How tbe heck are you getting times like that?! I've had it since 10/31. Haven't done any full power cycles - I'm on call a lot so I'm a little afraid of needing it suddenly. Lowest I've gotten is like 14%

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
What else do I need to disable? Only thing I'd like to keep active are the screen sensors - which is probably the biggest offender.

James Mallory

May 6, 2013
Visit site
What else do I need to disable? Only thing I'd like to keep active are the screen sensors - which is probably the biggest offender.

yeah eventhough you shouldn't have to comprise to get good battery. I've disabled location services, changed some of the wifi settings, disabled the account syncing, and the moto always listening and always on features. I've also done 3 or 4 full charging cycles. meaning using the phone as normal letting it die then fully charging it back to 100 without using it. I know there's been articles online about how not to let it discharge fully and some that says it doesn't affect it in a bad way, but I based it off prior knowledge and did the discharge and it actually helped. At first my battery was terrible too getting around 16hrs with 5 hours of screen on time and idle time was bad too

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
yeah eventhough you shouldn't have to comprise to get good battery. I've disabled location services, changed some of the wifi settings, disabled the account syncing, and the moto always listening and always on features. I've also done 3 or 4 full charging cycles. meaning using the phone as normal letting it die then fully charging it back to 100 without using it. I know there's been articles online about how not to let it discharge fully and some that says it doesn't affect it in a bad way, but I based it off prior knowledge and did the discharge and it actually helped. At first my battery was terrible too getting around 16hrs with 5 hours of screen on time and idle time was bad too

Thanks. I cant do without account syncing either unfortunaltely. I haven't seen any suggestions on altering the Wi-Fi settings. What did you do?

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
My battery just keeps getting better and better. 15+ hours of on time and 4+ hours of screen time... and still have 59% left!

Attachments

• 10478.jpg
    10478.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 152

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I can understand turning off features if you don't like them, but having to do that to save on battery kind of defeats the purpose of having a phone with them in the first place.

I wish that I could keep every feature on and get the battery life expected with this phone, but it appears that isn't possible. None of the features I personally disabled outweigh the benefits of the improved battery life. I love the moto suite of apps and have most of them enabled, but I can certainly live without swiping my hand over the phone to stop my alarm or shutdown an incoming call. I do like the the active display turning on when I bring my hand towards the phone, but if it's affecting battery life to the point that I can't get a full day using my phone the way I need to without charging it, then I'll happily forgo it.

Ggoblue

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I am on a 32 hour battery pace and I'm pretty happy with that. I have 32 apps disabled. Also turned off the infrared sensors. That helped but I might go back to it.

Edit: it seems like the battery keeps getting better. On a 40 hr pace now.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 8270.jpg
    8270.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 138
  • 8271.jpg
    8271.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 139
  • 8272.jpg
    8272.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 137
  • 8273.jpg
    8273.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 138
  • 8274.jpg
    8274.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

Rogus

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I wish that I could keep every feature on and get the battery life expected with this phone, but it appears that isn't possible. None of the features I personally disabled outweigh the benefits of the improved battery life. I love the moto suite of apps and have most of them enabled, but I can certainly live without swiping my hand over the phone to stop my alarm or shutdown an incoming call. I do like the the active display turning on when I bring my hand towards the phone, but if it's affecting battery life to the point that I can't get a full day using my phone the way I need to without charging it, then I'll happily forgo it.

I realize that people run different apps than I do that might consume more battery and various screen on time, but I haven't turned off anything. I don't use Command Center. I have read that it's a battery hog. That's not why I don't use it. I just don't like it. Anyway, with everything turned on, I have never had less than 32 hours off a full charge to less than 10%. Highest was 42. Currently, 26 hours unplugged with 55% battery left. Don't understand why many of you get so much less.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Here's my latest. I won't complain. Watched amazon video during train ride friday, played some games, used google maps for a trip saturday. Other than that general internet use, news and such. I'm pretty happy with it. I don't need apps syncing in the background and that saves a ton of battery. I use tasker to regulate it. I started with auromateit but switched. These settings are not for everybody.

Attachments

• 1415544928658.jpg
    1415544928658.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 53

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I realize that people run different apps than I do that might consume more battery and various screen on time, but I haven't turned off anything. I don't use Command Center. I have read that it's a battery hog. That's not why I don't use it. I just don't like it. Anyway, with everything turned on, I have never had less than 32 hours off a full charge to less than 10%. Highest was 42. Currently, 26 hours unplugged with 55% battery left. Don't understand why many of you get so much less.

I disabled command center, which I could care less about, in conjunction with a few other things, so although my battery life has improved significantly, I can't be sure what exactly to attribute it to. Is it a combination of everything, or is it one thing in particular, namely the command center widget? I guess, now that I'm done with the command center, I'll start turning other things back on to see if the battery remains as good as it is now. And if I turn them back on one at a time, then I'll be able to potentially pinpoint what's causing problems. The only things I disabled is: location (cause I can turn back on easily if I need it), the wave to silence, and approach to turn on moto display. I do like the approach to turn on the moto display feature, I'm not going to lie.