10-12-2015 05:30 PM
1,125 ... 2728293031 ...
tools
    Tasker shuts off alot when my screen times out. Ive posted my settings in this forum several pages back. Also check out the threads about apps safe to disable. Alot of good suggestions. I use 4g for the most but if theres a crappy signal I will manually switch it to 3g. I dont really use wifi and the tasker app helps me restrict the background sync.
    11-24-2014 03:25 PM
    how do you manually switch it to just 3g?
    11-24-2014 06:16 PM
    I don't turn off network data but do have Wifi always on selected. When you're connected to Wifi 4G isn't used with the exception of MMS and Visual Voicemail. I do turn off background Sync between midnight and 8AM as I'm usually sleeping.
    How do you turn off background sync?
    11-24-2014 06:20 PM
    How do you turn off background sync?
    Under setting data usage. Click the 3 dots in the top right corner.
    11-24-2014 06:24 PM
    how do you manually switch it to just 3g?

I use Lte On/Off Thunderbolt. But be careful and read the popup when you first open it.

SWITCHIT - 4G LTE TOGGLE Try this one. Looks the same. I dont see the first one but its in my apps list because Ive used it for so long.
    11-24-2014 06:40 PM
    I guess I didn't use my phone a lot this past weekend, but I still did not expect this.

I also didn't know it would capture a screenshot while the phone was rotating
    Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo: Battery Life-2014-11-25-06.25.00.jpg  
    11-25-2014 10:47 AM
    What could cause this awake time? I've looked in the battery stats in the default and GSAM and do not really see anything glaring.
    Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo: Battery Life-1417067656816.jpg  
    11-27-2014 12:57 AM
    What could cause this awake time? I've looked in the battery stats in the default and GSAM and do not really see anything glaring.
    Wow. That looks like a stuck sync. Check your Google account under settings and see if you have the symbol with the two arrows forming a circle, but not moving. If so, uncheck and recheck until it goes away. Other than that, had an issue on my Droid Maxx where having WiFi always scanning checked to on and it showed my phone as always being awake, even with WiFi off. Try that if it's checked. If not, try checking process stats in developer options for a second opinion, other than GSam for battery drain. It's more in depth than the stock battery watcher. If all else fails, I hate to say it, but perform a factory reset and see if the issue continues.
    11-27-2014 06:04 AM
    Wow. That looks like a stuck sync. Check your Google account under settings and see if you have the symbol with the two arrows forming a circle, but not moving. If so, uncheck and recheck until it goes away. Other than that, had an issue on my Droid Maxx where having WiFi always scanning checked to on and it showed my phone as always being awake, even with WiFi off. Try that if it's checked. If not, try checking process stats in developer options for a second opinion, other than GSam for battery drain. It's more in depth than the stock battery watcher. If all else fails, I hate to say it, but perform a factory reset and see if the issue continues.
    My calendar had the white sync circle and it never went away. I turned it off and I'll see how my battery does in comparison. I don't use the calendar so its okay.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo
    11-27-2014 05:11 PM
    I'm not sure what it was. I turned my phone on and off and it seemed to fix it. Didn't see anything in my Google settings.
    11-27-2014 11:26 PM
    I'm not sure what it was. I turned my phone on and off and it seemed to fix it. Didn't see anything in my Google settings.
    Not Google Settings.

Settings > Google (Under Accounts section)

11-27-2014 11:59 PM
    I'm not certain if its any better since disabling my calendar sync which seemed to be constant. I haven't used my phone as much for display time but it certainly appears to have helped.

Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo: Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1417164913334.jpg   Droid Turbo: Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1417164923810.jpg  
    mobrules likes this.
    11-28-2014 03:55 AM
    Droid Turbo: Battery Life-screenshot_2014-11-29-09-18-54.jpg
    Almost got it to two days.
    Once it died it took about an hour and fifteen minutes to charge from 1% to 100% using the Turbo Charger.
    mobrules likes this.
    11-29-2014 12:24 PM
    Joining the 7hr club, this was from yesterday until early this morning. About 3hrs of WiFi and screen brightness set at about a 1/3. I'm really happy with the battery life and everything else, this phone is a beast.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo: Battery Life-3189.jpg   Droid Turbo: Battery Life-3191.jpg   Droid Turbo: Battery Life-3190.jpg  
    11-29-2014 03:05 PM
    I'll take this! Screen was on Auto brightness. Much lighter use for me on the weekend. Droid Turbo: Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1417323230554.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1417323230554.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	160.0 KB 
ID:	151503

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo: Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1417323244434.jpg  
    11-29-2014 11:54 PM
    How do you get to the screen that says how many hours of on-screen time its had? Also, overnight (10-8) the battery went from 54% to 37%, that can't be normal can it? It seems Command Center is sucking a lot of juice, perhaps get rid of that and see what happens?
    11-30-2014 10:25 AM
    Click on screen in the previous page. Overnight drain really depends on what you have working in the background.
    Kaiser Droid likes this.
    11-30-2014 10:27 AM
    How do you get to the screen that says how many hours of on-screen time its had? Also, overnight (10-8) the battery went from 54% to 37%, that can't be normal can it? It seems Command Center is sucking a lot of juice, perhaps get rid of that and see what happens?
    Just the press the "Screen" entry directly below the initial battery report results and it will give you the additional details.
    Kaiser Droid likes this.
    11-30-2014 10:28 AM
    Just the press the "Screen" entry directly below the initial battery report results and it will give you the additional details.
    Okay, thanks.
    11-30-2014 04:13 PM
    Hello, I've had my Turbo for a little over two weeks and reading the various battery discussions, it seems like I'm not getting very good battery life. Would you experts mind commenting to let me know if this looks normal or if I may have an issue. I have my screen set to auto brightness and am inside all the time so it never goes full on bright. I also never before have done an initial "battery conditioning" like I'm reading some of you are doing...Maybe I should do something along those lines? I have also never had my phone go below about 30 something percent because I place it in a Qi charger each night (until I let it run down to take these photos). Here are some screen shots. Thanks for any recommendations!

11-30-2014 10:11 PM
    Just checked my wife's DT and it seems your cell standby is way higher than her 2%. Also, you are showing only 3g and not the 4g showing on my wife's phone. Is the signal very poor in your area?
    11-30-2014 11:53 PM
    Ok, Friends. I'm sickly jealous of the numbers I'm seeing on this thread and am dying to get close. I come to you with screenshots in hand and am begging the advice of those getting nirvana on this battery. ;-)

I have done everything advised on this thread (save for the most extreme measures, which I'm hold until last resort). These numbers are admittedly not "bad", but I know I should be able to get what most of you do - and don't feel that these match up.

I have turned off the IR sensors as well as most of the Moto bells and whistles. I have Automate-It turning off 4G data whenever I'm on Wifi, and today I set Location to Battery Saving. I'm at a loss why my number aren't through the roof, given all I've given up.

Two points-of-note .. I have the phone checking ONE pop3 email account every 30 minutes. Why would Email be using up so much battery? Another - my wakelocks are huge, but I have no idea why.

Sent from my XPS 15 9530 using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo: Battery Life-screenshot_2014-11-30-23-56-10.jpg   Droid Turbo: Battery Life-screenshot_2014-11-30-23-56-36.jpg   Droid Turbo: Battery Life-screenshot_2014-11-30-23-56-46.jpg   Droid Turbo: Battery Life-screenshot_2014-11-30-23-57-17.jpg   Droid Turbo: Battery Life-screenshot_2014-11-30-23-57-23.jpg  

12-01-2014 12:33 AM
    Just checked my wife's DT and it seems your cell standby is way higher than her 2%. Also, you are showing only 3g and not the 4g showing on my wife's phone. Is the signal very poor in your area?
    Thanks for the info, Jay! Actually, I'm not even sure what "cell standby" means here... will have to research that a bit further but it seems close to some other screen shots in this thread. BUT, does the phone use more battery when in 3G instead of 4G? If so, that may explain it because for about 23 of the 25 hours I posted above my phone was in 3G... about 13 hours in an actual 3G data connection and then 10 hours in the 3G connection while connected to my extender. The phone has an extra little symbol on it when connected in this mode but not sure if, battery wise, it would be the same as regular cell tower 3G but I think it is.

During that long stretch of the WiFi being on, the phone was at home sitting on the counter not being used. And that large green section for Mobile Signal is when my phone was connected to a Verizon Extender because I have such poor reception in my house I bought one of those.

What is interesting though is except for that time when I was using my phone nearly constantly and I had the steep battery drop, the time were I was occasionally using it but still using it has about the same slope as when it was just sitting on my counter not being used the last 10 hours of the graph.

Seeing what hannsoft just posted, I'm not interested in saving battery THAT much. LOL I got my phone to use it and use its features. I charge it every night so being able to go 2 days without a charge isn't a huge concern. I'll also add that since I took it down to 2% in order to make this post with the pics and then recharged it, it seems like the battery is staying up much better but that could just be my imagination... will have to test during a "normal" work day when I don't drain it down so far.

Thanks!
    12-01-2014 01:02 AM
    I'm officially part of the 6 hour club.

Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo: Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1417417862730.jpg   Droid Turbo: Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1417417873513.jpg   Droid Turbo: Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1417417882075.jpg  
    12-01-2014 02:11 AM
    Setting Automate-It to only sync when the screen is on has nearly doubled my batter life. I'm averaging 1D 8H with 4.5 Hrs of screen on time now. =)
    12-01-2014 07:01 AM
1,125 ... 2728293031 ...