10-12-2015 04:30 PM
1,125 12345 ...
tools
    Isn't it something like it keeps turning the charging off at 100% until it gets down to like 95% and then kicks back on?
    I'm not sure. And I was joking about N. Korea.
    10-31-2014 01:44 PM
    This is not good, only 1 hr and 6 minutes of on screen time and already down to 59% . Spent all day yesterday setting up. Normal usage for me today.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo: Battery Life-1032.jpg  
    10-31-2014 01:53 PM
    This is not good, only 1 hr and 6 minutes of on screen time and already down to 59% . Spent all day yesterday setting up. Normal usage for me today.

Hm. I had sorta the same issue, but not sure it'll relate. It's been 2 hours off the charger and I was down to 86%. Atrocious battery life. However, I plugged it into my computer to transfer a file, and when I unplugged it, it went back to 99%. Maybe the calibration is just off?
    10-31-2014 01:54 PM

That's down to 74% battery with 2hrs 30min of screen time. Seems just like the droid maxx I have and a hell of a lot better than my s5.
    Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo: Battery Life-1414781944547.jpg  
    10-31-2014 02:00 PM
    Check out the automateit app. I set mine up to disconnect 4g when the screen goes out. Cant think of a single reason I would need the connection if the screen goes dark. If I'm on the phone data is off anyways. If I'm searching for something or reading news then its connected. If I watch a video then its connected. Calls and texts still come through without any issues. I posted some screen shots on page 2 of this thread. Its a free app. I know we shouldn't have to use apps and settings like this but I think its just the way it is. I used the same kind of app from motorola with a Maxx HD and could go 2-3 days sometimes. Today I used about 30% in 15 hours and watched 2 shows on the amazon instant player.
    LaskoFan likes this.
    10-31-2014 02:12 PM
    Check out the automateit app. I set mine up to disconnect 4g when the screen goes out. Cant think of a single reason I would need the connection if the screen goes dark. If I'm on the phone data is off anyways. If I'm searching for something or reading news then its connected. If I watch a video then its connected. Calls and texts still come through without any issues. I posted some screen shots on page 2 of this thread. Its a free app. I know we shouldn't have to use apps and settings like this but I think its just the way it is. I used the same kind of app from motorola with a Maxx HD and could go 2-3 days sometimes. Today I used about 30% in 15 hours and watched 2 shows on the amazon instant player.
    For me its Google Hangouts that I need 4G on for. Otherwise, no reason.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo
    mobrules likes this.
    10-31-2014 02:21 PM
    Did you have to set up a 2nd rule to turn mobile data back on when screen is turned on?

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo
    mobrules likes this.
    10-31-2014 02:28 PM
    Did you have to set up a 2nd rule to turn mobile data back on when screen is turned on?

Yes sir I do.
    10-31-2014 03:04 PM
    Yes sir I do.
    Thanks, will try that. Also I want my phone to go into Airplane mode at night when screen is off and it's charging. I can't find Airplane mode as anything other than a "trigger". Any thoughts?

10-31-2014 03:10 PM
    For me its Google Hangouts that I need 4G on for. Otherwise, no reason.

I would consider setting it up to only run during non-business hours, making the guess thats what you use it for. Maybe from 2200-0600 hrs or something like that.
    I havent played with the app too much yet but it seems there are several things that it seems to do. I was pretty spoiled with motorola smart actions app on my RMHD and really got used to the extreme battery life. I was pretty nervous to switch but It seems to be working out. Even though its only been a day. I was playing with the app on my nexus 10 in anticipation of the turbo. Motorola doesnt support the smart actions app and I hate change.
    10-31-2014 03:16 PM
    Thanks, will try that. Also I want my phone to go into Airplane mode at night when screen is off and it's charging. I can't find Airplane mode as anything other than a "trigger". Any thoughts?

Trying to see if theres anything and I dont see it. I did see a rules market area when I opened the app. Maybe look there. I just tried and dont see anything there either. Not sure on that one sorry.
    10-31-2014 03:25 PM
    I would consider setting it up to only run during non-business hours, making the guess thats what you use it for. Maybe from 2200-0600 hrs or something like that.
    I havent played with the app too much yet but it seems there are several things that it seems to do. I was pretty spoiled with motorola smart actions app on my RMHD and really got used to the extreme battery life. I was pretty nervous to switch but It seems to be working out. Even though its only been a day. I was playing with the app on my nexus 10 in anticipation of the turbo. Motorola doesnt support the smart actions app and I hate change.
    I use Hangouts for a large chat between friends. My battery easily lasts all day and will go passed 6 hours of screen time if needed so there's no reason to do that.

One thing about the Droid is we have a large battery. Most of us shouldn't fear what runs in the background. Do what you want and it should make it through the day. Don't limit yourself for no reason! Enjoy your phone, you don't need 75% battery left at bed time.

Masheen and mpgo4th like this.
    10-31-2014 03:50 PM
    You need to really start checking the battery after about four or five days.. After its set up and most of the updates are done.

I don't expect 48 hours, I'm on it too much. But I'll have no problem getting a full days use.. Even a long day

10-31-2014 03:51 PM
    11hr 22m from the first full overnight charge and battery is at 43%, with about 2hr 10min of screen-on time.

This seems less than I expected--at this rate it would not make 24 hrs on a full charge.
    10-31-2014 04:18 PM
    Make that 41% and about 2hr 15 min screen on. 2% drain (auto brightness notnun full) in the time it took to post the above.
    10-31-2014 04:20 PM
    I use Hangouts for a large chat between friends. My battery easily lasts all day and will go passed 6 hours of screen time if needed so there's no reason to do that.

One thing about the Droid is we have a large battery. Most of us shouldn't fear what runs in the background. Do what you want and it should make it through the day. Don't limit yourself for no reason! Enjoy your phone, you don't need 75% battery left at bed time.

I'm going into the Everglades for five days with no food and no clothes. All I can take is my Droid Turbo. I need it to last five days or I die. So bud out of this conversation with all your positivity!

jk

Eclipse2K and hannsoft like this.
    10-31-2014 04:51 PM
    I'm going into the Everglades for five days with no food and no clothes. All I can take is my Droid Turbo. I need it to last five days or I die. So bud out of this conversation with all your positivity!

jk

Did you ever put some clothes on your Turbo?

10-31-2014 04:57 PM
    Did you ever put some clothes on your Turbo?

No, no I didn't. And it created a real problem when my wife got home and found my #Naked Turbo in bed with me.

Masheen and Eclipse2K like this.
    10-31-2014 05:01 PM
    2.5 hours screen time, 2 hours of calls, at almost 12 hours off charger with 53% remaining.

I would consider this a fairly normal work day except I normally would have tethered for 2-3 hours as well.

10-31-2014 05:09 PM
    Great post mobrules.
    Doing the overnight stand-by drain 'test' will certainly let you know about a rogue app or some program that's keeping your awake graph taking battery life from you. What looks to me like the first issue on battery life with this new turbo is that 1440p screen. I'd keep brightness on Auto.
    10-31-2014 05:27 PM
    Here's my battery so far. Auto brightness, sync on for gmail, Facebook,instagram and a few other apps. WiFi always on and location set to high accuracy.
    Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo: Battery Life-1414795493068.jpg  
    10-31-2014 05:45 PM
    Here's my battery so far. Auto brightness, sync on for gmail, Facebook,instagram and a few other apps. WiFi always on and location set to high accuracy.
    Wowsers that looks good with 4+hours of screen on time and 50% battery remaining. I'm getting similar results with mine!

10-31-2014 06:12 PM
    Have barely used my phone today. It's only 4PM and I'm down to 35%. Have had wifi and Bluetooth off most of the day. WTF?

Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo: Battery Life-1266.jpg   Droid Turbo: Battery Life-1265.jpg  
    10-31-2014 06:21 PM
    My results are more like Riggs unfortunately. If I knew how to screenshot I'd post
    10-31-2014 06:22 PM
    My results are more like Riggs unfortunately. If I knew how to screenshot I'd post
    Power+Volume Down for a few seconds.

10-31-2014 06:25 PM
1,125 12345 ...