10-12-2015 05:30 PM
1,125 ... 2829303132 ...
tools
    Setting Automate-It to only sync when the screen is on has nearly doubled my batter life. I'm averaging 1D 8H with 4.5 Hrs of screen on time now. =)
    Thanks! That's one of my "last resort" choices though. For me, part the point in having this beauty is to be notified of things in real-time. If I sync only when it's in my hand that sorta defeats the purpose for me.

Take one of my two biggest mysteries there.. Pop3 email. I have an email address that I have all bank related email sent to. Banks, credit cards, brokerages - anything financial. If I get anything sent to that address from any of those institutions I want to see it as quickly as possible. I used to have it update every 15 minutes (which I've done on the last 3 smartphones I've had), but have now scaled that back to every 30, wondering if that'll keep email of the biggest-hog list there. Didn't work.

I envy those that can even only get 18 hours - but can do it with 4 or 5 hours of screen time. Just can't get there here.

Sent from my Droid Turbo using Tapatalk
    12-01-2014 07:11 AM
    I have my turbo somewhat but not extremely optimized. I traveled over Thanksgiving and used it quite heavily (for me), never babied it, and never came close to running out of juice in one day. This is not the perfect phone but the battery makes everything else ok (for me).
    12-01-2014 07:53 AM
    I have my turbo somewhat but not extremely optimized. I traveled over Thanksgiving and used it quite heavily (for me), never babied it, and never came close to running out of juice in one day. This is not the perfect phone but the battery makes everything else ok (for me).
    It's dang close to the perfect phone IMO. I do wish the screen was a tad bugger, but I'm dealin'.

I can get through a typical day, too, with power to spare, but I feel like I'm doing something stupid here that's robbing me of the time I MIGHT be able to get.

Then there's battery lifetime. If I can charge every OTHER night instead of every night I might not be begging for a new phone on 11/2/16. ;-) But that kind of habit is a fantasy at this point.

12-01-2014 07:14 PM
    Ok, so in my frustration last night I thought "ok either no one has any clue about the peculiarity of my numbers or I'm some kind of periha and no one wants to help" . ;-)

So I turned on almost every option I had turned off and said f-it, I'm just gonna enjoy the phone and it's awesome featureset and get whatever I can out of the battery. After I did that, though, I started looking closely at some of the apps running on the phone and noticed that some of them had been running in the background for 150+ hours. Damn, I thought - been a long time since I rebooted! Those apps aren't showing up as battery hogs, but wow - running that long, they have to be using up something, and I'm not using them. So I rebooted.

What a difference a reboot can make. Look at today's numbers. MUCH better. This thing has been sipping at power all day, and really only started going down at a decent rate tonight when I've been using the heck out of it. Texting, Facebook Messenger, a YouTube video, etc. Lots of screen time. Still not the 4+ hours that many of you get, but I think now the that I'm barking up the wrong tree. I've used the phone like crazy tonight and, after almost 16 hours I still have more than a quarter of my battery left. Damn that's good. I can be happy with that.

So here's some battery advice. Like they say at Dell tech support: when in doubt, reboot. No, just try it. Really. Can't hurt, but it sure can help!

Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo: Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1417582798326.jpg  
    mobrules likes this.
    12-03-2014 12:00 AM
    After 2 weeks I'm averaging 10h active with 5 hr of screen time. That is more than enough to keep me happy, I have yet to run it below 50%.
    12-03-2014 03:13 PM
    After 2 weeks I'm averaging 10h active with 5 hr of screen time. That is more than enough to keep me happy, I have yet to run it below 50%.
    I wish I knew how you're doing it. Congrats, though!

12-03-2014 11:36 PM
    I wish I knew how you're doing it. Congrats, though!

I think you can get that depending on what important to you. If you turn off Google location reporting, Google now and location security stuff in Google settings you should see a good improvement. I also turn background Sync when sleeping (via automateit) and turn off Moto actions.

Here's my last run.
    12-04-2014 12:18 AM
    I think you can get that depending on what important to you. If you turn off Google location reporting, Google now and location security stuff in Google settings you should see a good improvement. I also turn background Sync when sleeping (via automateit) and turn off Moto actions.

Here's my last run.
    http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14...98968f3e52.jpg
    Great screen time.
    cyberr8der likes this.
    12-04-2014 09:57 AM
    Well guys here's my last run, it doesn't get much better then this. Over 6hrs of screen time, I ended up getting 39hrs off the charger before it completely died, this was with no WiFi also, all 4G data. I think with a solid 1 day of heavy usage I woulda got over 8hrs of screen time with no problem.

I'm really happy with these stats. My brightness was set to around 1/3 and I had no GPS location services on, moto display is enabled and surprisingly only made up for .4% of battery use.

Guys this phone can show good battery results u just have to strive to make it your #1 thing when u use ur phone. If u stay on top of it like I did you will get similar #s.

Note: the last pic was my final screenshots and then the turbo died.

Edit: also if u think about it, 39hrs is getting close to the 48hr mark and 6hrs of screen time is also a decent amount. 48hrs could be easily achievable if I would have had a hour less screen time.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo: Battery Life-3943.jpg   Droid Turbo: Battery Life-3944.jpg   Droid Turbo: Battery Life-3945.jpg   Droid Turbo: Battery Life-3942.jpg   Droid Turbo: Battery Life-3950.jpg  

mobrules likes this.
    12-04-2014 11:02 AM
    What's funny is that before I made my post in this thread my phone was acting somewhat predictably with battery life. Before I posted I'd charge each night. When I made the post I let the battery run way down then used the Turbo charger to charge it back up (normally use a Qi). Since then, my battery has been all over the place... stays at 100% for 5 hours then drops rapidly. Goes to 90% after an hour with zero use, etc. I'll try some of what I see recommended here to get it back to acting normally but just thought I'd mention that letting my phone's battery go down to about nothing seems to have screwed it all up!
    12-04-2014 12:44 PM
    What's funny is that before I made my post in this thread my phone was acting somewhat predictably with battery life. Before I posted I'd charge each night. When I made the post I let the battery run way down then used the Turbo charger to charge it back up (normally use a Qi). Since then, my battery has been all over the place... stays at 100% for 5 hours then drops rapidly. Goes to 90% after an hour with zero use, etc. I'll try some of what I see recommended here to get it back to acting normally but just thought I'd mention that letting my phone's battery go down to about nothing seems to have screwed it all up!
    Do a wipe of the system cache partition also. I have noticed it helps my phone to do it weekly. Not too sure why but it does. Hope that helps. Sorry you are having troubles.
    12-04-2014 01:06 PM
    Do a wipe of the system cache partition also. I have noticed it helps my phone to do it weekly. Not too sure why but it does. Hope that helps. Sorry you are having troubles.
    Thanks! I'll give that a shot.
    12-04-2014 01:15 PM
    There's definitely something wrong with the Turbo's battery and/or software, same thing happen to me twice already with the battery going crazy, I use to average 6 hrs of SoT, since the last battery mess up I've only been averaging 5 hrs, maybe my usage pattern has changed I don't know, just hoping that the problem is in the software and we'll get the fix when lollipop arrive.
    12-04-2014 01:16 PM
    Droid Turbo: Battery Life-screenshot_2014-12-03-18-00-59.jpgDroid Turbo: Battery Life-screenshot_2014-12-03-18-01-10.jpg

Bit better now, not blown away by on-screen time though - maybe it's just because of all the idle time on it and data synching for two and a half days.

For the life of me I can't figure out how to change data synch so it doesn't synch at night, and Gmail does it every 30 minutes - also how do you make it so it doesn't accept incoming calls and text during certain periods from certain people?
    12-04-2014 01:45 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-12-03-18-00-59.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	138.0 KB 
ID:	152307Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-12-03-18-01-10.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	152308

Bit better now, not blown away by on-screen time though - maybe it's just because of all the idle time on it and data synching for two and a half days.

For the life of me I can't figure out how to change data synch so it doesn't synch at night, and Gmail does it every 30 minutes - also how do you make it so it doesn't accept incoming calls and text during certain periods from certain people?
    I use automateit from the app store to turn background syncing off at night and on in the morning. You can configure Moto assist to take care of quite time at night.
    Kaiser Droid likes this.
    12-04-2014 01:47 PM
    I use automateit from the app store to turn background syncing off at night and on in the morning. You can configure Moto assist to take care of quite time at night.
    This. It's a pretty user friendly app. I use Tasker but they do the same. I think I read the automateit app doesn't control background data in lollipop yet.
    12-04-2014 02:01 PM
    Well guys here's my last run, it doesn't get much better then this. Over 6hrs of screen time, I ended up getting 39hrs off the charger before it completely died, this was with no WiFi also, all 4G data. I think with a solid 1 day of heavy usage I woulda got over 8hrs of screen time with no problem.

I'm really happy with these stats. My brightness was set to around 1/3 and I had no GPS location services on, moto display is enabled and surprisingly only made up for .4% of battery use.

Guys this phone can show good battery results u just have to strive to make it your #1 thing when u use ur phone. If u stay on top of it like I did you will get similar #s.

Note: the last pic was my final screenshots and then the turbo died.

Edit: also if u think about it, 39hrs is getting close to the 48hr mark and 6hrs of screen time is also a decent amount. 48hrs could be easily achievable if I would have had a hour less screen time.

Turning off GPS/location and setting screen brightness to 1/3 the only things you did?
    12-04-2014 02:56 PM
    Turning off GPS/location and setting screen brightness to 1/3 the only things you did?
    Well all bloat is disabled of course, and I wiped the cache partition on Monday, seems to be a little better after that. But most of the features the phone comes with is still enabled.

12-04-2014 03:17 PM
    Well, I wiped it this morning so we'll see and I hope things get better... last night I had it on the Qi charger and this morning the phone was warm but it was only at 42% battery still! Yesterday the phone completely died after just 24 hours with very little use too. I wouldn't mind so much if the battery INDICATOR was just freaking out but it seems to be affecting the actual battery life and/or its ability to take a full charge.
    12-05-2014 10:49 AM
    I'm satisfied with the battery life coming from a RAZR m.

Posted via the Android Central App Droid Turbo
    Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo: Battery Life-16401.jpg  
    12-05-2014 12:31 PM
    Well, nice to meet everyone. I went from the motto is to the Droid turbo. I love my Moto X the amount of RAM and had the processing power never bogged down with that 2250 mah *it just sucked. I'm hoping this 30 900 mAh battery is much better that's for sure. I mean obviously I'm a power user in addition to most of the people on this forum so I'm praying to God for a day a day and a half. I again nice to meet everyone... I got much are about about a day ago yesterday afternoon still trial testing the battery. Included a screenshot on my battery power tell me what you think you'll be used so far.thank you.

Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo: Battery Life-1281.jpg  
    12-05-2014 02:02 PM
    Question, using GSAM, I am seeing a ton of wake locks. Is there any way I can find out what app(s) is/are misbehaving that would be causing this?
    Droid Turbo: Battery Life-screenshot_2014-12-05-14-32-04.jpgDroid Turbo: Battery Life-screenshot_2014-12-02-00-36-10.jpgDroid Turbo: Battery Life-screenshot_2014-12-04-21-28-13.jpg
    12-05-2014 02:58 PM
    If you go to the stock battery stats and click an app it will show time held awake. Looking at your notification bar maybe twitter has something to do with it lol
    12-05-2014 03:51 PM
    I'm happy. Better than decent battery life.

Love the Ballistic Nylon
    Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo: Battery Life-screenshot_1_2014-11-16-01-35-03.jpg   Droid Turbo: Battery Life-screenshot_2_2014-11-16-01-34-53.jpg   Droid Turbo: Battery Life-screenshot_2014-11-16-01-34-41.jpg  
    12-06-2014 07:21 AM
    Give it about a week to settle in and I bet we will all be raving about the battery life.

Sent Turbo fast from my 64GB Droid Turbo
    I gave one of my employees the Turbo and raved to him about the battery life and he told me the next day that it was WORSE than his G3... I was concerned and he came back a few days later and said that it was now AMAZING... lasting almost 2 full days of business use... So you do have to give it a little time
    12-06-2014 07:33 AM
1,125 ... 2829303132 ...