10-12-2015 04:30 PM
1,125 ... 3233343536 ...
tools
    There's no way the phone can keep this up. I'm just waiting for the rapid drop in battery, lol.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo
    Oh yes it can
    Just wait and see
    12-12-2014 06:42 PM
    Anybody know what this wake lock is? Started hitting me today, the 2nd day after the update. The first day was phenomenal, but today, not nearly as good.
    Beeare, I haven't seen that one yet. On the screen is a button that says google me. Does anything show there? When you press the button I mean. Sorry if that wasn't clear. Also what are your settings? Is it all 4g or WiFi and is VoLTE activated?
    12-12-2014 06:44 PM
    Soooooo..... This is interesting. Got the VOLTE update last night. No big deal on that but I wonder if they added some other things with it. I have Tasker set up to shut down 4g and background data from a 2200-0600. I usually lose about .5 to 1.0% battery per hour of those hours(at night). Charged up before bed last night, unplugged and watched about 10 minutes of HBO GO, then asleep. Got up today and battery is at 97% and lost average of. 03% overnight. That was at over 9 hrs up time. That's freaking awesome. Maybe it's an a fluke but I also wiped the cache after the update last night. I won't be able to really test it until this weekend. Anyone else noticing something like this?
    Have you played with the camera since your OTA? :-D

Sent from my Droid Turbo using Tapatalk
    12-12-2014 07:22 PM
    Have you played with the camera since your OTA? :-D

Yes. It seems faster, the shutter I mean. Very pleased. I am really shocked at all the stuff this update improved. I'm not the first to say this but I thought my phone was broken because it stayed at 100% for so long.
    12-12-2014 07:27 PM
    Yes. It seems faster, the shutter I mean. Very pleased. I am really shocked at all the stuff this update improved. I'm not the first to say this but I thought my phone was broken because it stayed at 100% for so long.
    I was surfing the web + SiriusXM over Bluetooth and it stayed at 100% for several minutes. I was like what the...

12-12-2014 07:30 PM
    The camera improvement is phenomenal. I don't see a change in battery yet.

12-12-2014 07:33 PM
    The camera improvement is phenomenal. I don't see a change in battery yet.

I'm seeing a huge difference. Assuming the percentages stay consistent my phone has about 14% more battery left than it usually does by this point of my heavy usage stress test.

12-12-2014 07:55 PM
    I'm seeing a huge difference. Assuming the percentages stay consistent my phone has about 14% more battery left than it usually does by this point of my heavy usage stress test.

Can't wait to say I can see the same thing!

12-12-2014 08:09 PM
    did you try rebooting, clear cache stuff?
    Attachment 153894
    Yes, i did this, and cleared the partition cache. That's actually when I noticed it begin. I just tried rebooting again to see if it does anything.
    12-12-2014 08:12 PM
    Can't wait to say I can see the same thing!

My stats so far.

Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo: Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1418437129945.jpg  
    mobrules likes this.
    12-12-2014 08:19 PM
    My stats so far.

That actually is on par with what I can get, although you have a lot more screen-on time.

Last night I got down to 15%. At that point I decided to do the conditioning trick I've read about here, so I powered off and plugged into a charger OTHER than the Turbo charger and let it charge to 100% while off.

This morning I powered up and have been pretty much using the phone non-stop. Here's where I stand right this second:

I'm going to send this message, attach the phone to the Turbo charger to "top-off" to 100% and then go out and about my day. I'll repost tonight and share the day's numbers. Would love to get anybody's input who cares to chime in.

12-13-2014 07:11 AM
    Does anyone have a good app for automating things like wifi on/off? I'd like to be able to find an app that logs my location when I successfully connect to a wifi signal, prompt me to add that location as a stored location, and then auto-start my wifi when I am in those locations and auto-off when I'm out of those locations.
    I'll 2nd what a previous guy said about MacroDroid. It has a lot of features and is super easy to use and the developer is actively adding new stuff. Since I connect to BlueTooth when I'm home (to home phones) and in cars (to BlueTooth radios) that is a very simple trigger for turning WiFi on and off whether I'm home or driving. With its ability to do variables, it is a powerful program without the steeper learning curve of something like Tasker.
    12-13-2014 08:12 AM
    My stats so far.

Am I reading that right that you're only getting 12h out of a battery charge?
    12-13-2014 12:38 PM
    Beeare, I haven't seen that one yet. On the screen is a button that says google me. Does anything show there? When you press the button I mean. Sorry if that wasn't clear. Also what are your settings? Is it all 4g or WiFi and is VoLTE activated?
    This doesn't seem to be happening again today. Rebooting seems to have helped. I'm on Volte, about 50% wifi and 50% data 4g LTE. When I Google that particular wake lock, nothing of value comes up.
    12-13-2014 12:43 PM
    Not speaking for Eclipse2k here, but yes you are reading that right. Basically 6 hrs up time and 3 hrs screen time. More power user than conserve. Also almost 1 hour talk time. I guess depending what the screen time is used for, maybe video or gaming?

Eclipse2k, can you post the screen showing app use? And is this with HD/VoLTE enabled?
    12-13-2014 01:02 PM
    Not speaking for Eclipse2k here, but yes you are reading that right. Basically 6 hrs up time and 3 hrs screen time. More power user than conserve. Also almost 1 hour talk time. I guess depending what the screen time is used for, maybe video or gaming?

Eclipse2k, can you post the screen showing app use? And is this with HD/VoLTE enabled?
    I'll do that either today or tomorrow.

For the record, I use my phone a lot. I have a PC but tend to just use my Turbo for web surfing unless a computer is needed. I do watch a few videos on YouTube which can lead to a quicker drain.

Also, those statistics and any I post from now on are/will be on VoLTE.
    mobrules likes this.
    12-13-2014 01:13 PM
    Yes, but as said above I'm using my phone very heavily. I'm on Auto brightness and most of my screen on time is using Chrome, Hangouts and Tapatalk. I am on Wi-Fi with VoLTE activated and automatic screen brightness. I have Location set to Battery Saver but I do allow Google to use my location. I disabled bloatware such as Amazon Suites and also Command Center since its useless to me although I'm not sure if that helps much. I do have the sensors active so I can flick my wrist for the camera, wake device with my hand wave, etc. I did not enable Google Now/Okay Turbo voice commands since I never use them. Google services is on auto sync and Verizon Cloud is set to sync at night.

I'm in no way limiting my phone. Just made sure to disable anything I will never use.

12-13-2014 01:19 PM
    And is this with HD/VoLTE enabled?
    Help understand how one turns that on? Under "advanced calling" there is only one option, and it's greyed out...

12-13-2014 08:47 PM
    Help understand how one turns that on? Under "advanced calling" there is only one option, and it's greyed out...

You have to log on to MyVerizon and add it to you account via the "change features" tab. Then you will be able to turn it on through your phone.
    12-13-2014 09:09 PM

You have to log on to MyVerizon and add it to you account via the "change features" tab. Then you will be able to turn it on through your phone.
    You can also get to the feature choice by going through the my Verizon data widget. Open that and at the bottom is a main menu choice. Then once that opens scroll to the bottom for the features. I mainly use the widget so I follow up with family members data use. Plus if for some reason If I don't have laptop available its pretty easy to get there through the widget.
    12-13-2014 09:23 PM
    After the volte update I feel my battery has been worse. Thoughts?

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo: Battery Life-1548.jpg  
    12-13-2014 09:34 PM
    Graph

Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo: Battery Life-1549.jpg  
    12-13-2014 09:36 PM
    One more

Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo: Battery Life-1550.jpg  
    12-13-2014 09:43 PM
    I'm feeling like my battery has a been doing better than average since the update. These are my numbers right now and I was in a bad coverage area for a portion of the day.

12-13-2014 09:59 PM
    I don't get why after this update my battery stinks.

Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo: Battery Life-1718.jpg  
    12-13-2014 10:05 PM
1,125 ... 3233343536 ...