10-12-2015 05:30 PM
1,125 ... 3435363738 ...
tools
    Do you think its likely the wakelocks that are doing it? I just charged to 100% and am heading into work. I'll see how it goes during my shift today and will check the wakelock screen tonight. Its just still odd that its so inconsistent from day to day with similar use.
    Yes I believe the wakelocks will do that. There has to be an app causing the wake lock. The time held awake is just way out of line. Post some shots later if possible.
    12-14-2014 03:30 PM
    Soooooo..... This is interesting. Got the VOLTE update last night. No big deal on that but I wonder if they added some other things with it. I have Tasker set up to shut down 4g and background data from a 2200-0600. I usually lose about .5 to 1.0% battery per hour of those hours(at night). Charged up before bed last night, unplugged and watched about 10 minutes of HBO GO, then asleep. Got up today and battery is at 97% and lost average of. 03% overnight. That was at over 9 hrs up time. That's freaking awesome. Maybe it's an a fluke but I also wiped the cache after the update last night. I won't be able to really test it until this weekend. Anyone else noticing something like this?
    I've noticed improved battery life as well since the update.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-14-2014 06:32 PM
    Droid Turbo: Battery Life-screenshot_2014-12-14-22-32-19.jpg

So heres the latest. I noticed a pretty significant increase in idle battery drain after the last update. Decided to stretch it to see if it would make it this long and thats the results. I didnt use it much on friday or the weekend. I usually dont let it go this far down before I charge it. I dont know if this made a difference but under developer options at the very bottom is the option background process limit. I switched that to 4 instead of standard. It seems a little snappier. Im not what you would call a power user. I have disabled what I dont want to use and shut down the 4g signal and background sync when the screen times out at 2 minutes. I use tasker to accomplish this. I also dont use HD/VoLTE calling but thats due to the coverage area I am in.
    12-14-2014 11:52 PM
    Here is my latest battery life on an extremely busy day. VoLTE is activated.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo
    Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo: Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1418623626614.jpg   Droid Turbo: Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1418623634482.jpg   Droid Turbo: Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1418623641177.jpg   Droid Turbo: Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1418623649982.jpg   Droid Turbo: Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1418623660562.jpg  

12-15-2014 01:07 AM
    I see your screen eats more power than all other functions) If you want to save your battery life you should turn the brightness down.
    12-15-2014 01:54 AM
    I see your screen eats more power than all other functions) If you want to save your battery life you should turn the brightness down.
    Not trying to save battery. 6 hours of screen time is fine.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo
    12-15-2014 02:30 AM
    Yes I believe the wakelocks will do that. There has to be an app causing the wake lock. The time held awake is just way out of line. Post some shots later if possible.
    Well I came home at 46% tonight instead of 30%. Still not droid Maxx quality but slightly better day. Here is a wake lock screen. It consistently seems to be that combined one of the top.

Eclipse2K likes this.
    12-15-2014 02:31 AM
    What am I doing wrong and why has my battery decreased. He here is the latest. I have volte off and updated Friday night. Cleared my cache as well

Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo: Battery Life-1723.jpg   Droid Turbo: Battery Life-1721.jpg   Droid Turbo: Battery Life-1720.jpg   Droid Turbo: Battery Life-1719.jpg   Droid Turbo: Battery Life-1724.jpg  

12-15-2014 08:23 AM
    What am I doing wrong and why has my battery decreased. He here is the latest. I have volte off and updated Friday night. Cleared my cache as well

How is this bad? 50% in 19 hours with over 2.5 SOT. I would say that's excellent.
    12-15-2014 08:36 AM
    Well I came home at 46% tonight instead of 30%. Still not droid Maxx quality but slightly better day. Here is a wake lock screen. It consistently seems to be that combined one of the top.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14...cf7e316a9f.jpg
    46% on the Turbo is different that 46% on the Maxx. The Turbo will give you a lot more mileage out of that 46% than the Maxx. Once my Maxx would go below
    50%, it would always move down from there way more quickly than the first 50%. The Turbo seems to be consistent all the way through. That's my experience at least.
    HappyFunBall24 likes this.
    12-15-2014 08:38 AM
    I went hunting on Saturday for 16 hours and had %45 left. I was in an area that was 3G at best.
    12-15-2014 08:45 AM
    How is this bad? 50% in 19 hours with over 2.5 SOT. I would say that's excellent.
    Where do you see 50%?

12-15-2014 08:56 AM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Combined one just a combination of the others...a total? It's always going to be on top if that's the case.
    12-15-2014 09:47 AM
    I'm proud to say that I went the entire weekend without plugging in. I unplugged after work on Friday at 100%, went 2 days, 14 hours and 8 minutes before I plugged back in this morning at work with 4% left. My screen time was 3 hours 40 minutes. Best result yet in my opinion. I have pretty consistently gotten 2 days of battery use with around 4 to 5 hours of screen time over the past month. I have yet to do a heavy use day.

On weekends I tend to use my tablet more at home, so I am mostly a lite user on the phone. This did include about 30 minutes of phone calls, a few minutes of video recording with the LED's on, about 15 minutes of GPS time to do some quick geocaching. The rest was mostly internet and facebook. I use 4G only instead of wifi, because I'm unlimited and don't care how much I use. I disable much of the main bloatware except Slacker, Verizon Messenger, Verizon widgets, and Command Center. I didn't get too crazy disabling apps, since most of them hardly touch the battery anyway and I don't notice them. I just removed ones I would never use or were a nuisance. I do use Moto Voice. I do have wave to silence alarm enabled, but I have yet to see it work (probably because it's dark when my alarm goes off). I did turn off Moto Approach, because it was just to sensitive for my liking. Motion alone will turn on my active display, and I'm fine with that, although a wobbly table or movement in a car will cause it to turn on constantly. Overall, I can't complain and based off of what I have seen with my Nexus 10, Lollipop will hopefully improve the battery life even more.
    12-15-2014 10:11 AM
    I'm proud to say that I went the entire weekend without plugging in. I unplugged after work on Friday at 100%, went 2 days, 14 hours and 8 minutes before I plugged back in this morning at work with 4% left. My screen time was 3 hours 40 minutes. Best result yet in my opinion. I have pretty consistently gotten 2 days of battery use with around 4 to 5 hours of screen time over the past month. I have yet to do a heavy use day.

On weekends I tend to use my tablet more at home, so I am mostly a lite user on the phone. This did include about 30 minutes of phone calls, a few minutes of video recording with the LED's on, about 15 minutes of GPS time to do some quick geocaching. The rest was mostly internet and facebook. I use 4G only instead of wifi, because I'm unlimited and don't care how much I use. I disable much of the main bloatware except Slacker, Verizon Messenger, Verizon widgets, and Command Center. I didn't get too crazy disabling apps, since most of them hardly touch the battery anyway and I don't notice them. I just removed ones I would never use or were a nuisance. I do use Moto Voice. I do have wave to silence alarm enabled, but I have yet to see it work (probably because it's dark when my alarm goes off). I did turn off Moto Approach, because it was just to sensitive for my liking. Motion alone will turn on my active display, and I'm fine with that, although a wobbly table or movement in a car will cause it to turn on constantly. Overall, I can't complain and based off of what I have seen with my Nexus 10, Lollipop will hopefully improve the battery life even more.
    Congrats. I'm pretty much the same on the weekends(see screen shot previous page). I use a nexus 7 or 10 on the weekends. I too disabled most recommended but not all. There's some features I like.
    12-15-2014 10:46 AM
    Congrats. I'm pretty much the same on the weekends(see screen shot previous page). I use a nexus 7 or 10 on the weekends. I too disabled most recommended but not all. There's some features I like.
    I noticed your 3 days and 8.5 hours of screen time. Kinda made be question if I should bother posting my stats.
    But I saw that you mentioned the use of Tasker to shut down data and syncing. I have a profile set up on mine that I had experimented with a bit. I had it set up to shut off data when the screen turns off and then cycle every 5 minutes to check for anything new, such as email, facebook, etc. It worked fine, but I didn't notice any battery improvement. Maybe 15 or 30 minute cycles would have helped. I guess I'm pretty content with the usage time I'm getting so I stopped using those profiles. Right now I only use Tasker to make my phone silent when I get to work, based on the specific cell tower in that location. I need to find more uses for it. I'm a programmer by trade, but any "programming" outside of work doesn't interest me much anymore.
    12-15-2014 11:06 AM
    Maybe 15 or 30 minute cycles would have helped.
    Guess I havent really considered or at least set that up. I would guess I check it every 15 to 20 minutes for the same reasons. And yes you should post your stats/screenshots. I only post them for newer users to show what the battery life can be if they so desire. Guaranteed someone will post this week or next " why does my battery life suck". I try to encourage them to read back though the thread but lets be honest, most wont because its a long thread.
    Everyones battery life will vary. Different signal strength and screen settings are big factors. I was glad to see your post to know I am not the only one trying to get the most out of the battery.
    I also realize my setting are not for everyone. I tend to take it to the extreme for battery savings. I only offer examples and suggestions. Some are power users but im not.
    Jeff Hager and HappyFunBall24 like this.
    12-15-2014 11:54 AM
    46% on the Turbo is different that 46% on the Maxx. The Turbo will give you a lot more mileage out of that 46% than the Maxx. Once my Maxx would go below
    50%, it would always move down from there way more quickly than the first 50%. The Turbo seems to be consistent all the way through. That's my experience at least.
    My point was more that my Maxx would never get that low during my days with the same use, apps and locations. Usually ended the day around 60%. My Turbo is routinely into the 40's and and much less consistent from day to day. Maybe Lollipop will solve all of my lifes problems...
    12-15-2014 12:06 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Combined one just a combination of the others...a total? It's always going to be on top if that's the case.
    That makes sense. Although I just checked and its not at the top right now.

12-15-2014 12:12 PM
    That makes sense. Although I just checked and its not at the top right now.
    I noticed that after my first reply. Maybe it's still a total, but it is rounding some of the stats, or maybe there is a delay in adding up all the stats. That's my best guess, but I could be wrong.
    12-15-2014 12:38 PM
    Here is my latest

Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo: Battery Life-1725.jpg   Droid Turbo: Battery Life-1726.jpg  
    12-15-2014 06:42 PM
    Almost 48 hours.
    😁

Posted via the Android Central App Droid Turbo
    Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo: Battery Life-screenshot_2014-12-15-18-45-58.jpg   Droid Turbo: Battery Life-screenshot_2014-12-15-18-47-08.jpg   Droid Turbo: Battery Life-screenshot_2014-12-15-18-43-58.jpg  
    12-15-2014 06:48 PM
    My point was more that my Maxx would never get that low during my days with the same use, apps and locations. Usually ended the day around 60%. My Turbo is routinely into the 40's and and much less consistent from day to day. Maybe Lollipop will solve all of my lifes problems...
    My point is that the battery meter displaying 40% left on your Turbo is probably the equivalent of about 60% on your Maxx, so there's no reason to be concerned. I would agree that the battery life on this phone from one day to the next, is probably a little less consistent than the Maxx, but overall I seem to get slightly better battery performance from the Turbo.
    12-15-2014 08:29 PM
    Where do you see 50%?

Sorry misread your stats from earlier. I agree, not great battery life. Looks like it went a little better today though.
    12-15-2014 08:31 PM
    It guess a little better but no where near others stats. This was all after the update. Are all batteries different and is there anything I might have running that's draining battery?

12-15-2014 10:20 PM
1,125 ... 3435363738 ...