10-12-2015 04:30 PM
1,125 ... 3536373839 ...
tools
    It guess a little better but no where near others stats. This was all after the update. Are all batteries different and is there anything I might have running that's draining battery?

Posted via the Android Central App
    Feel the same way. I can't complain about being able to hold 20-24 hours at a clip, but with only <3 hours of screen time and a pretty consistent 5> hours of wakelocks, I'm pulling my last remaining hairs out trying to figure out how to attain the numbers that others here can get without falling back to the functionality of a StarTac. ;-)

Sent from my Droid Turbo using Tapatalk
    12-15-2014 09:24 PM
    It guess a little better but no where near others stats. This was all after the update. Are all batteries different and is there anything I might have running that's draining battery?

Feel the same way. I can't complain about being able to hold 20-24 hours at a clip, but with only <3 hours of screen time and a pretty consistent 5> hours of wakelocks, I'm pulling my last remaining hairs out trying to figure out how to attain the numbers that others here can get without falling back to the functionality of a StarTac. ;-)

I am going to send you both PMs to try to help. I dont want to hijack the thread. Do you both know how to get them and reply to them? If so they will be on the way in a bit. Reply whenever. I might not get them tonight due to the hour but I will reply tomorrow.
    12-15-2014 10:01 PM
    It looks like you're just using it a lot - especially browsing the web if Chrome is so high. That looks pretty normal.

Maybe in the Chrome app, go into settings. Choose privacy and turn off "network action predictions". You can also try turning on "reduce data usage", but just know that means that Google is caching data for you, compressing it, and then delivering it - perhaps a privacy issue... (but only for non-SSL sites.)

But, honestly, if you turn your screen on and use the phone, it's going to drain the battery.
    12-15-2014 10:03 PM
    I am going to send you both PMs to try to help. I dont want to hijack the thread. Do you both know how to get them and reply to them? If so they will be on the way in a bit. Reply whenever. I might not get them tonight due to the hour but I will reply tomorrow.
    Thank you, mob. The effort is very, VERY much appreciated. You bet, I can pick up the PM.

12-15-2014 10:37 PM
    Thank you, mob. The effort is very, VERY much appreciated. You bet, I can pick up the PM.

Should have it now. If not let me know and I'll resend
    12-15-2014 10:48 PM
    Anybody playing around with turning HD calling on and off to see if it affects battery? I've had my HD calling on since the day of the soak test. The day after that, my battery was the best it's ever been. Every day since, it's seemed to struggle a bit. I was thinking about turning HD calling off to see if it changes anything.
    12-15-2014 11:03 PM
    There have been a couple of people that turned it off and noticed a battery increase. I don't use it do to coverage area. But I will say I get great battery life.
    12-15-2014 11:06 PM

Ha! Now THAT is funny. Did you say "StarTac"?!? Ha!

DT 64GB Beast
    12-15-2014 11:45 PM
    Here are some stats for by DT 64, which I've had for a week now. I'm a pretty light user and at night while sleeping I put the phone into airplane mode (I suppose I could turn it off too). When I had the RMHD, I would charge it every 2nd night. Looks I'll be able to do the same with the DT.

Droid Turbo: Battery Life-screenshot_2014-12-16-07-50-27.jpgDroid Turbo: Battery Life-screenshot_2014-12-16-07-50-57.jpgDroid Turbo: Battery Life-screenshot_2014-12-16-07-51-18.jpg
    mobrules likes this.
    12-16-2014 10:09 AM
    Must have gotten some extra battery life with the latest VoLTE update. Battery sits at 18% remaining after 43 hours. I got over 6 hours screen time with brightness set at about 30-35%. A fair amount of phone calls and web surfing, along with podcast listening. Previously I got down to 24% remaining after 45 hours with 4 hours screen time, with same brightness setting. I've done nothing special to conserve battery except put Location Services on Battery Saver. I think I got a good battery!

Droid Turbo: Battery Life-battery-use3-121614.jpg Droid Turbo: Battery Life-battery-use4-121614.jpg
    mobrules likes this.
    12-16-2014 09:17 PM
    I've been playing around with a lot of features now since I've owned the phone, which I got upon release day 1. The always listening feature is becoming more apparent to me as one of the biggest battery drains. The idle time difference is significant, and it also seems noticeable while my screen is on and I'm using my phone for other things. I do like this feature, but not sure if it's worth the drainage. Anybody else notice that this is one of the biggest culprits?

I did not feel like this was as much of an issue on the Maxx. Hopefully it's something that can be improved with a software fix.
    12-17-2014 11:26 AM
    Hi all, first post! Just wanted to get some input on my battery life. Got my turbo on Dec 6, and also got the VOLTE update this week + cleared cache. Screen brightness is around 15% and location setting is in battery saver mode. I've been using pretty lightly just to see what I can get out of it, but I feel like I should be getting more than this though... Haven't tried tasker or any management apps like that yet.

Edit: wanted to add that my battery drain overnight is in the 4-5% neighborhood over 7 hours, approximately.

Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo: Battery Life-2600.jpg   Droid Turbo: Battery Life-2601.jpg   Droid Turbo: Battery Life-2602.jpg   Droid Turbo: Battery Life-2603.jpg   Droid Turbo: Battery Life-2604.jpg  

PowrDroid likes this.
    12-17-2014 12:53 PM
    Update on my stats.. I got my 64GB on November 4th. Used the phone from Nov 11th to Dec 5th so much I had to increase my data package from 10Gb (plus 2GB) to 15 G3 (plus 2GB). I noticed battery life up and down. During those days I saw not a power user but the was no sustainable Wifi to hook up to.

Once home I started using my Turbo more regularly and mostly in Wifi. I surf Web consistently, Gmail continuously, among other common items. I have all Moto on but most VZW bloatware disabled. Here are current stats for today.

Sent using my Verizon Turbo charged 64GB Ballistic Nylon phone unfortunately with a case on back
    Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo: Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1418857863616.jpg   Droid Turbo: Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1418857884910.jpg   Droid Turbo: Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1418857899612.jpg  
    12-17-2014 05:12 PM
    I've been reading the posts on this thread back to the beginning to try to understand why I'm not getting nearly the battery life that others are getting. I've tweaked a few settings and installed GSam Battery Monitor this morning. I took a screen shot just now but I can't figure out how to attach it here. Basically I have had the screen on for 1 hour with constant Chrome use, and I'm already down to 81%, with 7 hours and 47 minutes remaining. Averages per complete charge: battery life - 9hr 55 min (active). Something isn't right here. It's also showing my screen at 58%, and that's with brightness set to auto. I'm not nearly as knowledgable as most people here so I don't understand a lot of what is being posted but if you walk me through settings, I'm pretty good with that. I will say I'm a very heavy user of a smartphone - I essentially use it like a computer so I'm on it alot. But that why I cashed in my S4 for the DT - for what I thought would be a 2 day battery. I would settle for one long day without having to put it on the wireless charger throughout the day. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    12-18-2014 05:19 AM
    I would settle for one long day without having to put it on the wireless charger throughout the day. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Wireless charger might be the culprit. I don't have one, but I've read reports that they can create inaccurate battery usage readings. I'll let others weigh in on the wireless charger issue (or you can search this forum) but I would suggest you do this tonight--Completely power down your phone. Using the supplied wired charger (the Turbocharger) that came with your phone, charge the phone overnight. In the morning turn the phone back on and leave it on the charger for about an hour. I've read this technique will "synch" the battery charge rate with the phone's battery meter. Of course you don't have to do this overnight, a five hour block should do it, but it doesn't sound like there are five waking hours in a day where you don't use your phone. HA! (I'm guilty of this too...)
    rxgadget likes this.
    12-18-2014 09:47 AM
    I too found the stock email and gmail apps to be unacceptable. Tried some and settled on Blue Mail. I like it a lot better than even my previous Android stock email app on my Razr Maxx. I've got 3 POP3 accounts getting checked every hour and it doesn't even show up on my battery meter. LOL I was checking every 15 minutes and don't recall there being any noticeable battery drain with that frequency either.
    I may have to try that program. I did change the polling to 1 hour for Gmail and it did cut the battery drain to ~12%, better but still a lot. But I also added another account and have 99+ messages that I have no idea of how to mark as read without going through them one-by-one - which I refuse to do again as this is a replacement for the 1st defective Turbo and I'm sick of this idiocy. I tried to click on the "Feedback" section in the Help for Gmail, but the screen just blinks, apparently Google doesn't want me asking why they left out such a blindingly obvious feature. Just like I have no idea why they removed my ability for keyboard arrows (to fix text that was translated incorrectly in speech-to-text). I do generally like the ongoing improvements in Android, but I'd be lying if I didn't see it as 2 steps forward, 1 step backward every time I receive an update. Who decides to just randomly remove features that many thousands of their users depend on?
    12-18-2014 10:12 AM
    I've been reading the posts on this thread back to the beginning to try to understand why I'm not getting nearly the battery life that others are getting. I've tweaked a few settings and installed GSam Battery Monitor this morning. I took a screen shot just now but I can't figure out how to attach it here. Basically I have had the screen on for 1 hour with constant Chrome use, and I'm already down to 81%, with 7 hours and 47 minutes remaining. Averages per complete charge: battery life - 9hr 55 min (active). Something isn't right here. It's also showing my screen at 58%, and that's with brightness set to auto. I'm not nearly as knowledgable as most people here so I don't understand a lot of what is being posted but if you walk me through settings, I'm pretty good with that. I will say I'm a very heavy user of a smartphone - I essentially use it like a computer so I'm on it alot. But that why I cashed in my S4 for the DT - for what I thought would be a 2 day battery. I would settle for one long day without having to put it on the wireless charger throughout the day. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    1 hour of constant chrome use bringing the phone down to 81% is not that bad. No matter what you do, with the screen on, you're going to drain your battery relatively quickly.

48 battery life might be a viable idea if you're a moderate user, but you're not going to get anywhere near 48 hours of constant use.

I think 5-8 hours of screen time on this phone is doable depending on how you tweak your settings. If you spread that SOT over 2 days, you can definitely exceed 24 hours and probably get close to 2 days.

I don't think there's any other phone out there that's going to do much better than that, if at all.
    12-18-2014 04:24 PM
    I have no idea how you all are getting that battery life. I have 3 hr and 58 min of screen on time and I'm at 10% battery remaining.
    Edit. Forgot to say that's with 15 hrs of total time since last charge. I'm not a power user either.
    hannsoft likes this.
    12-18-2014 09:57 PM
    Here's today's readings. I have tasker shutting off the mobile data while on Wi-Fi. My signal at home is horrible.
    Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo: Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1418967950343.jpg   Droid Turbo: Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1418967962266.jpg  
    12-18-2014 11:47 PM
    Pretty happy with this. Considering I need to sleep at some point during every day, I'd say 30+ hours is definitely doable with fairly heavy use.
    Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo: Battery Life-1418972967151.jpg   Droid Turbo: Battery Life-1418972984612.jpg  
    PowrDroid likes this.
    12-19-2014 01:10 AM
    Droid Turbo: Battery Life-screenshot_2014-12-21-17-01-22-1-.jpg
    Droid Turbo: Battery Life-screenshot_2014-12-21-17-01-16.jpg
    First full day, should i be concerned?
    12-21-2014 10:31 AM
    Idle drain has been SO much better since the volte update. I couldn't touch this battery life with this kind of usage previously!

Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo: Battery Life-755.jpg   Droid Turbo: Battery Life-756.jpg  
    KoukiFC3S likes this.
    12-21-2014 01:46 PM
    The application by White Pages. Its as reliable as it gets.

Current Caller ID is a free application with no charge ever. Been using it for more than a year.

Yes

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo
    I've been trying this Whitepages app based on the suggestions here. Mediocre in my opinion. Just got a call from somebody not in any of my contact lists. Several rings before I answered (meaning it had more than enough time to do a lookup). It displayed the number only. After the call was over I saw a name, but not until then. The Verizon service shows me the name instantly.

12-22-2014 10:26 AM
    I've been trying this Whitepages app based on the suggestions here. Mediocre in my opinion. Just got a call from somebody not in any of my contact lists. Several rings before I answered (meaning it had more than enough time to do a lookup). It displayed the number only. After the call was over I saw a name, but not until then. The Verizon service shows me the name instantly.

I haven't had this issue but if I did I'd agree with you.
    12-22-2014 08:31 PM
    I haven't had this issue but if I did I'd agree with you.
    I'm hoping it was some kind of fluke because I do like the app and the way it's set up. I appreciate the referrals. I'm going to give it a little more time.

12-22-2014 08:57 PM
1,125 ... 3536373839 ...