10-12-2015 05:30 PM
1,125 ... 23456 ...
tools
    My results are more like Riggs unfortunately. If I knew how to screenshot I'd post
    Press and hold both the power button and volume down button together for 2 to 3 seconds.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-31-2014 07:25 PM
    Have barely used my phone today. It's only 4PM and I'm down to 35%. Have had wifi and Bluetooth off most of the day. WTF?

Posted via the Android Central App
    What's your screen on time?
    10-31-2014 07:26 PM
    Here is my stats so far.. all on LTE, auto brightness. This has been a very Minimal Usage day.. I haven't been on it much. Still decent I suppose.

and I'm not sure if this matters.. But I read on another site the guys name was "FoxKat" he is a battery nuclear physicist
    or something. He recommends to use Phone until 15% turn off the phone, charge until 100%, turn on phone, disconnect.. Then do it again, goto 15%... turn off phone, plug in, charge to 100%

then use as normal and charge whenever.
    Its not so much battery conditioning, but instead phone software conditioning. It calibrates so it knows when full and empty is.

Well anywho, That's what I did from the moment I pulled it out of the box. ran it to 15% yada yada yada.. Maybe it works.. Maybe not.. But I haven't had any issues so far.

Droid Turbo: Battery Life-3.jpgDroid Turbo: Battery Life-8.jpg
    10-31-2014 07:57 PM
    I was going to complain about the battery, but from looking at the numbers I was just playing on it too much. I think the battery life is pretty good. I like using the phone too much. I haven't touched the iPad since Wednesday night. My husband said it is jealous.
    10-31-2014 08:00 PM
    Have barely used my phone today. It's only 4PM and I'm down to 35%. Have had wifi and Bluetooth off most of the day. WTF?

That sucks man, I'm sorry. Something isn't right. Even if you had BT, GPS, and all the settings turned on plus tons of screen on time that still seems no bueno.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo
    10-31-2014 08:02 PM
    Modern batteries like lithium ion respond better to more frequent (and smaller) charges. This supposedly helps condition a modern battery and extend it's life and performance.

Sent Turbo fast from my 64GB Droid Turbo
    Interesting. There is so much misinformation on the Internet pertaining to lithium Ion batteries. So what happened to letting the battery drain to 5% and charging to full for three times. I thought that was how you conditioned the battery. Just wondering if you can't point me towards a good source that I can slam over my friends heads when they ask me about Li-Ion phone batteries, and how to maintain them properly for optimum performance.
    10-31-2014 08:03 PM
    Interesting. There is so much misinformation on the Internet pertaining to lithium Ion batteries. So what happened to letting the battery drain to 5% and charging to full for three times. I thought that was how you conditioned the battery. Just wondering if you can't point me towards a good source that I can slam over my friends heads when they ask me about Li-Ion phone batteries, and how to maintain them properly for optimum performance.
    I was talking with my enginerd friend about that today. He said that is long gone with the newer batteries. They no longer have memory problems like nickel cadmium used to. These new LiOn ones benefit from frequent shallow charges. I'll see if he recommends a website for more info.

10-31-2014 08:06 PM
    I was talking with my enginerd friend about that today. He said that is long gone with the newer batteries. They no longer have memory problems like nickel cadmium used to. These new LiOn ones benefit from frequent shallow charges. I'll see if he recommends a website for more info.

Totally correct. Ni-mh and Ni-cd batteries have memory and do need conditioned. Li-ion and Li-poly batteries do not. In fact, deep discharging of Li based batteries is bad for them and shortens life.

Oddly enough, rcgroups.com or rcuniverse.com are both great sources for info pertaining to both types of batteries since they've been used in the RC hobby for many years now.

Masheen likes this.
    10-31-2014 08:32 PM
    Here's the latest.
    Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo: Battery Life-1414805654680.jpg  
    dmmngs2 likes this.
    10-31-2014 09:34 PM
    Here's the latest.
    Wow wow wow. Thanks for posting!

mobrules likes this.
    10-31-2014 09:41 PM
    Totally correct. Ni-mh and Ni-cd batteries have memory and do need conditioned. Li-ion and Li-poly batteries do not. In fact, deep discharging of Li based batteries is bad for them and shortens life.

Oddly enough, rcgroups.com or rcuniverse.com are both great sources for info pertaining to both types of batteries since they've been used in the RC hobby for many years now.

Great info, thanks. As a side note, putting whole bean coffee in the freezer ruins the quality of the beans. I used to be a barista, and was surprised when I learned this in my training.

mobrules and datagrrl like this.
    10-31-2014 09:44 PM
    Droid Turbo: Battery Life-screenshot_2014-10-31-21-48-56.jpg

My turbo seems to be discharging way faster than most. Not sure if image attached properly.
    10-31-2014 09:55 PM
    Droid Turbo: Battery Life-screenshot_2014-10-31-21-56-15.jpg

Here is screen info--I had to plug it in as you see above, I doubt I would have gotten over 3hrs of sot had I not plugged in.
    10-31-2014 09:59 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-10-31-21-56-15.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	145047

Here is screen info--I had to plug it in as you see above, I doubt I would have gotten over 3hrs of sot had I not plugged in.
    Have you been in a weak signal area all day or just now?

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo
    10-31-2014 10:05 PM

Name:	Screenshot_2014-10-31-21-48-56.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	106.5 KB 
ID:	145046

My turbo seems to be discharging way faster than most. Not sure if image attached properly.
    Well, based on what I'm seeing, you have a period of really bad signal (red). Most of the day your signal is mediocre at best. So that doesn't help. Plus during that dramatic discharge, the screen was on a extended amount time with the end of it during the signal being weak (red).
    10-31-2014 10:10 PM

Name:	Screenshot_2014-10-31-21-48-56.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	106.5 KB 
ID:	145046

Your reception/signal looks like it was bad or medium low all day. On work days my signal is like that and I get worse battery life but not that bad. Something is off?

10-31-2014 10:31 PM
    I'm happy. Totally normal day of phone use for me. Have 61% left after just over 14·5 hours with 2 hrs of screen on time. My poor RAZR M would have quit a couple hours ago ( after kitkat - b4 kit Kat I usually had about 40% left at this time of day. )

No real optimization of battery use. The signal at home is its great (around-81dBm) but it is week at work (around-115 dBm). Wifi on all day but no bluetooth.
    10-31-2014 10:32 PM
    I feel like I'm crazy. My 14 X would have been dead by 6-7pm...its only 1030 & my phone is about to shut off. 4+ hours is a lot of screen on time compared to my other phones but I thought it'd be better than this. Granted my phone spent 2 hours trying to connect to my 360, spent a little over an hour on the phone, snapchatting/facebook etc. and I'm sure I've been playing with it a lot as everyone at work wanted to play with it too. I was also listening to music on the drive to work and home. If I used my X like it'd probably have died before I got off work at 4 now that I think about it. Hopefully tomorrow it'll be better since I think I've got everything switched to the way I like it but I'm still impressed with it regardless if I don't get two full days out of it. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who can run a 3900mah battery down in less than 16 hours lol.

Side note: I leave Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on all day and screen is set to auto brightness.

Posted via the Android Central App - Droid Turbo
    Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo: Battery Life-736.jpg   Droid Turbo: Battery Life-737.jpg   Droid Turbo: Battery Life-738.jpg  
    10-31-2014 10:33 PM
    So far so good
    Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo: Battery Life-1414809384458.jpg  
    mobrules likes this.
    10-31-2014 10:36 PM
    I assume automate it does the same things that Tasker would? Although I haven't used Tasker in a few years and it wasn't the most intuitive thing. Is there any reason to have 4g on while the screen is off? And it comes back on instantly when you wake the phone up?
    10-31-2014 10:45 PM
    I assume automate it does the same things that Tasker would? Although I haven't used Tasker in a few years and it wasn't the most intuitive thing. Is there any reason to have 4g on while the screen is off? And it comes back on instantly when you wake the phone up?
    I have never used tasker but to answer your question yes it comes right back on when the screen is activated. Speaking only from experience with the 4g shut off the radio is not always communicating with the tower. I dont see the reason for the battery to be drained while my phone isnt being used.
    I posted some screen shots with my results earlier in this thread. I will post another one in the morning.
    11-01-2014 12:21 AM
    Found this at Battery University. They seem to be very knowledgeable about many different battery types. http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a...ased_batteries

Also a great source: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/innova...ter-180952384/
    11-01-2014 12:58 AM
    I have never used tasker but to answer your question yes it comes right back on when the screen is activated. Speaking only from experience with the 4g shut off the radio is not always communicating with the tower. I dont see the reason for the battery to be drained while my phone isnt being used.
    I posted some screen shots with my results earlier in this thread. I will post another one in the morning.
    So it just goes down to 3G? So I as I think you said you're still able to receive emails and other notifications right?
    11-01-2014 01:05 AM
    So it just goes down to 3G? So I as I think you said you're still able to receive emails and other notifications right?
    Nope it shuts down the radio connection completely. Calls and texts still come thru but thats it. I also have another rule set up that when the screen wakes up it syncs gmail for me at that time. I do get emergency calls and texts at night sometimes and never had a problem. I just wouldnt want to get woken up by some automated email at 2am.

Theres another app I use LTE on/off. this one allows my to switch to 3g if I am in an area that 4g signal strength is low or non existent.
    11-01-2014 01:27 AM
    Nope, he shuts off mobile data which only leaves the 1x signal for phone calls and text messages.

11-01-2014 01:27 AM
1,125 ... 23456 ...