10-12-2015 04:30 PM
1,125 ... 42434445
tools
    I cripple nothing on my Turbo and consistently get between 6-7 hours SOT and 20-24 hours overall. I have Bluetooth and WiFi on all the time, which automatically connects in car and at home. I have location set to high accuracy, so it comes on automatically when I use maps or another location-based service or app. My screen is set to 35% brightness. I do a lot of email & texting (60-70 on a typical day, Corporate Exchange on 'push'), average an hour of phone calls and do a lot of browsing. No Facebook, though. Also, I use no battery management apps such as Tasker, which I agree may do more harm than good.

FWIW, I think you have a problem with your battery or settings. Possibly an app that is not closing properly and continuing to run in the background with frequent updates, i.e. WeatherBug, etc.
    05-19-2015 09:18 AM
    Thanks for all the replies, folks. Sorry it took me so long to get back with an update. I ended up going in and swapping for a Note 4. At first, the huge size seemed like a negative; but I have to say, after a few days it doesn't seem so huge. Actually, it seems like a really nice size. Battery wise, I'm pushing it every day and monitoring my stats. I'm getting on average 4.5-5 hours SOT for an entire day. So, not quite as good as I got my last few days with the Turbo, but pretty darn close. When you figure that you can get an OEM spare battery and charger for $40, it makes it totally worth it. I can charge a battery and swap batteries instead of ever having to plug in my phone. I also love having an SD card slot because I have a DSLR that I can put a backup micro SD card in and I can take photos directly from my camera and send them with my phone if I am not near a computer. With the Turbo, I would have needed a USB on the go cable. I own a manufacturing business, so I tend to take a lot of photos of technical items that I need to send to clients. I have also already made good use of the S-Pen by using it to note some photos for a client. Being able to draw on the screen with a stylus instead of my finger was really nice.

The camera is also a lot faster. I've had more success shooting my little one since I got the Note. There are situations where I think the Turbo shot better photos, but every camera has its strengths and weaknesses. In this case, I think the former outweighs the latter.

Some things I will really miss are the shake to open camera, Moto Display and the durability of Motorola products. The Note is actually proven to be quite durable, but it lacks water resistance, which was a major selling point for me. Moto Display has alternatives. I found an app called DynamicNotifications that is pretty close to Moto Display, but it is quite glitchy. Shake to camera can be simulated in other ways, like Tasker, but I think the camera will open a lot when it's not supposed to. The final thing I won't have is root, at least not for awhile. Although, there seems to be a lot of hope that root might happen soon due to some very recent, positive developments. In fact, temp root was achieved the day I got it, which was part of the reason I got it.

There are a few other things I like, such as multi window support and one handed settings. I think these things can also be achieved with Xposed, but since I have these things with stock, it means I don't have to worry so much about root. I just have to deal with Helium instead of Titanium until root happens.

Overall, I will really miss Motorola and the Turbo. I think I might have found a new love in Samsung. Unfortunately, it seems the Note 5 will not have a removable battery or sd card slot. So, in a couple years, I may find a new Motorola to come back to. Until then, so long fellow Motorola users!
    KPMcClave likes this.
    05-23-2015 12:44 AM
    Some things I will really miss are the shake to open camera, Moto Display and the durability of Motorola products. The Note is actually proven to be quite durable, but it lacks water resistance, which was a major selling point for me. Moto Display has alternatives. I found an app called DynamicNotifications that is pretty close to Moto Display, but it is quite glitchy.
    I'm glad you found something that meets your needs and lessens the sacrifices we all have to make, on some level, when we choose our phones.

One thought to pass along. I used DynamicNotifications back when it first came out and I had my Razr Maxx HD (that handset was never updated to include Moto Display but that feature existed and I wanted it). I found it to be a resource hog (battery in particular). I'm sure it's undergone many updates since then, and we're two generations of phones past my experience, but just a heads up.

ACDisplay is another 3rd party app that does similar things, and is slightly more highly rated in the Play Store. I haven't ever used it myself (havn't had to with a Droid Maxx and Turbo), but something you may want to compare and contrast.

Finally, isn't there some sort of attempt to replicate Moto Display built in to Lollipop (if you're on that yet)? I understand it pales by comparison, but if I left Moto I'd try the built in stuff first.

Enjoy the new phone.
    05-23-2015 09:49 AM
    So why does my turbo shut down when there is 10% battery left, I assume it was to protect the battery from getting down to zero and being dead for good. Starting yesterday it now allows the battery to drain past the 10%????Why would this switch? The only thing that has changed is I turned developer options on. Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-05-2015 02:38 PM
    So why does my turbo shut down when there is 10% battery left, I assume it was to protect the battery from getting down to zero and being dead for good. Starting yesterday it now allows the battery to drain past the 10%????Why would this switch? The only thing that has changed is I turned developer options on. Thanks
    The battery meter wasn't calibrated right before. Now it is. It could have been developer options, but it might just have been real usage re calibrated it.

It shouldn't shut down at 10%.
    TurboHope likes this.
    06-05-2015 03:12 PM
    The battery meter wasn't calibrated right before. Now it is. It could have been developer options, but it might just have been real usage re calibrated it.

It shouldn't shut down at 10%.
    Yeah I think I never calibrated it fully. I recently let it shut down from low battery and recharged it to 100% while off. Maybe that's why it can go lower than 10% now

06-05-2015 04:37 PM
    Anyone else's battery life terrible the past few months? Like, 3% drained in less than half an hour?

Sent Turbo Fast from my Droid Turbo 64gb
    06-06-2015 06:33 AM
    Anyone else's battery life terrible the past few months? Like, 3% drained in less than half an hour?

Sent Turbo Fast from my Droid Turbo 64gb
    Yes. Same here.
    06-06-2015 08:20 AM
    06-06-2015 08:45 AM
    Settings / battery. Is "Google Play Services" one of your top three or four (and ahead of any apps, behind only Screen, Android OS, and Android System)? If yes, then I'm seeing the same thing in the last few weeks.
    06-06-2015 11:12 AM
    Settings / battery. Is "Google Play Services" one of your top three or four (and ahead of any apps, behind only Screen, Android OS, and Android System)? If yes, then I'm seeing the same thing in the last few weeks.
    Ditto

06-06-2015 01:31 PM
    Same here

06-06-2015 10:06 PM
    Try updating Google Services and see if that helps. My battery life is exactly the same as it has always been.
    06-06-2015 10:48 PM
    Try updating Google Services and see if that helps. My battery life is exactly the same as it has always been.
    That's up to Google. It updates when it updates, you really have no control when it happens.
    06-07-2015 05:30 AM
    It's funny, mine is the same way all of a sudden, Google play services is 5
    06-07-2015 07:29 AM
    Gotcha. Didn't realize that. In that case, I'm not sure. I doubt it's a rogue app if several people are experiencing the same problem.
    06-08-2015 08:08 AM
    Could it be a n update for play services? Making it run more often or use more data?

06-08-2015 09:34 AM
    So much for my battery

Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo: Battery Life-31094.jpg  
    06-08-2015 10:10 AM
    how many hours of that was screen on time? how long was that voice call? what is your no signal % and how often does all that stuff in the notification bar do stuff like sync etc
    06-08-2015 06:58 PM
    how many hours of that was screen on time? how long was that voice call? what is your no signal % and how often does all that stuff in the notification bar do stuff like sync etc
    Android System generally doesn't even reach double digits for me either. Maybe rogue processes are running and a reboot is necessary.
    06-15-2015 12:08 AM
    Hi all, new to the forums. Ive noticed that the battery on my droid turbo is not the hype it was. Ill range something like 10-15 hours depending on usage. Most of the weekdays, It sits in my pocket or desk and will still drain to the 80's or 70's. Ive changed my radio from Global to LTE/CDMA, But it seems like my android system is high and screen time usually. Ive just downloaded the GSAM system which might be causing that but what else could it be?
    06-15-2015 11:09 AM
    Hi all, new to the forums. Ive noticed that the battery on my droid turbo is not the hype it was. Ill range something like 10-15 hours depending on usage. Most of the weekdays, It sits in my pocket or desk and will still drain to the 80's or 70's. Ive changed my radio from Global to LTE/CDMA, But it seems like my android system is high and screen time usually. Ive just downloaded the GSAM system which might be causing that but what else could it be?
    Go to the beginning of this thread, I know it's long, and read through it. There is some good stuff there. It could be anything. And without the gsam screen shots there's no way to tell.
    Not trying to brush you off. I want to help but there's sooooo many things it could be. Let gsam run a few days and take screen shots and post them here and we will try to trouble shoot it with you.
    06-15-2015 05:20 PM
    Thanks mobrules, Ill get back to you guys in a few days.
    06-16-2015 09:14 AM
    My cell standby percentage is 27%. Does that sound normal?
    06-16-2015 11:39 AM
    My cell standby percentage is 27%. Does that sound normal?
    With low screen on time, yes.

Sent from my Ballistic Turbo
    06-16-2015 01:55 PM
1,125 ... 42434445