10-12-2015 04:30 PM
1,125 ... 434445
tools
    Screen on is 35% and standby is 24%.
    06-16-2015 09:01 PM
    Screen on is 35% and standby is 24%.
    Settings / battery. Tap the graph that is at the top - at that next screen, look at the bar graph at "mobile signal". Is there a lot of red?

Standby would be high if you have a bad signal.
    06-16-2015 09:46 PM
    Yeah. I have a weak signal at home. It's strong just about everywhere else. One area at work is weak also. I figured the weak signal might be the cause.
    06-16-2015 10:15 PM
    Actually according to the graph it's only in the read in a small section. I do get only 1 bar of signal strength at home though most of the time.
    06-16-2015 10:18 PM
    Thanks mobrules, Ill get back to you guys in a few days.
    I sent you a pm message
    06-16-2015 10:20 PM
    Hi all, new to the forums. Ive noticed that the battery on my droid turbo is not the hype it was. Ill range something like 10-15 hours depending on usage. Most of the weekdays, It sits in my pocket or desk and will still drain to the 80's or 70's. Ive changed my radio from Global to LTE/CDMA, But it seems like my android system is high and screen time usually. Ive just downloaded the GSAM system which might be causing that but what else could it be?
    Do you use the droid command center widget?

I upgraded from the Droid Maxx to the Turbo back in April and noticed my battery was significantly worse on the Turbo. I spent some time removing apps, doing a few cache clears, factory resets, and battery monitoring for a few days after each tweak. No matter what I did I could barley make it through an entire day TRYING to conserve battery. During that period, a typical day would consist of ~16 hours with an hour or so of calls and 2-2.5 hours of screen time and the battery would be at ~15-20% left. My maxx would only be at ~60-70% left with similar usage. A little over a week ago I was about to give up on trying to make it last longer and accept the fact that I wouldn't make it through an entire day under heavy use (Droid razr cord hugging nightmares started ). I went through the Turbo one last time thinking 'everything is setup exactly the same' as my maxx was.... except the droid command center widget. I uninstalled that bad boy 10 days ago, and, for me, that was the cause of the battery issues. I'm back to charing my phone every other day !

I have disabled almost all of the bloatware apps and have the following quick list of apps/services running on my Turbo (since day 1):
    • GPS - high accuracy
    • I use all moto services (voice, display, actions, and assist)
    • Exchange email - push
    • Gmail - push
    • wifi - on 24/7
    • bluetooth - on ~25% of the time (I usually forget to turn it off)
    • weather underground widget
    • google now
    • GSAM
    • Brightness - auto

I know the command center widget was mentioned early on in this thread, but I didn't see where it was a direct culprit for anyone. If you don't use the widget.... Do what mobrules said and hopefully one of those suggestions work! Good luck!
    06-18-2015 07:29 PM
    Originally Posted by Bochbottherobot
    Hi all, new to the forums. Ive noticed that the battery on my droid turbo is not the hype it was. Ill range something like 10-15 hours depending on usage. Most of the weekdays, It sits in my pocket or desk and will still drain to the 80's or 70's. Ive changed my radio from Global to LTE/CDMA, But it seems like my android system is high and screen time usually. Ive just downloaded the GSAM system which might be causing that but what else could it be?
    Do you use the droid command center widget?

I upgraded from the Droid Maxx to the Turbo back in April and noticed my battery was significantly worse on the Turbo. I spent some time removing apps, doing a few cache clears, factory resets, and battery monitoring for a few days after each tweak. No matter what I did I could barley make it through an entire day TRYING to conserve battery. During that period, a typical day would consist of ~16 hours with an hour or so of calls and 2-2.5 hours of screen time and the battery would be at ~15-20% left. My maxx would only be at ~60-70% left with similar usage. A little over a week ago I was about to give up on trying to make it last longer and accept the fact that I wouldn't make it through an entire day under heavy use (Droid razr cord hugging nightmares started ). I went through the Turbo one last time thinking 'everything is setup exactly the same' as my maxx was.... except the droid command center widget. I uninstalled that bad boy 10 days ago, and, for me, that was the cause of the battery issues. I'm back to charing my phone every other day !

I have disabled almost all of the bloatware apps and have the following quick list of apps/services running on my Turbo (since day 1):
    * GPS - high accuracy
    * I use all moto services (voice, display, actions, and assist)
    * Exchange email - push
    * Gmail - push
    * wifi - on 24/7
    * bluetooth - on ~25% of the time (I usually forget to turn it off)
    * weather underground widget
    * google now
    * GSAM
    * Brightness - auto

I know the command center widget was mentioned early on in this thread, but I didn't see where it was a direct culprit for anyone. If you don't use the widget.... Do what mobrules said and hopefully one of those suggestions work! Good luck!

What did you replace the widget with?
    06-19-2015 08:28 AM
    What did you replace the widget with?
    Weather Underground: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ndroid.weather.

The other thing I liked about the command center widget was the battery percentage. I set GSAM to show the % icon in the notification bar. Screenshot:

Droid Turbo: Battery Life-2015-06-19-13.33.55.jpg
    06-19-2015 08:41 AM
    Hello guys,

I will be quite brief.
    An average of 6 hours SOT of 100% browsing using 4g, is considered as good..??
    Thanks
    09-07-2015 05:04 AM
    Hello guys,

I will be quite brief.
    An average of 6 hours SOT of 100% browsing using 4g, is considered as good..??
    Thanks
    Yes, it is excellent. I usually reach 5 hours or so but today I've done even better! My LTE signal at home fluctuated from 1-3 bars but I have no service issues. I'm sure I'd do better on a better signal.

(-102 dBm is my average)
    Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo: Battery Life-1441624725077.jpg  
    09-07-2015 06:18 AM
    My battery has suddenly turned garbage the past week. What's going on? I cleared cache and all

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo: Battery Life-55820.jpg   Droid Turbo: Battery Life-55819.jpg  
    10-02-2015 03:44 PM
    Here is a better sample. Had it unplugged for 3 hrs and already down half with light Spotify use.

Any suggestions will help as i travel in two weeks and need this fixed or replace d under warranty

Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo: Battery Life-55997.jpg   Droid Turbo: Battery Life-55996.jpg   Droid Turbo: Battery Life-55995.jpg  
    10-03-2015 12:26 PM
    Boy, these are always hard to diagnose. It's some app that's running in the background (as well as the flashlight - try not using that maybe?)

But, you have a notification from the NFL app. Unless you really, really need this app, I'd suggest maybe uninstalling/disabling it and see if that improves battery use.

Otherwise, you can always verify that it's some app issue by running for a couple of hours in safe mode (long-press the power off and follow the prompts.) If the phone still eats battery in safe mode - it may be something wrong with the phone. Otherwise, if you haven't done a reinstall after a factory data reset, I think I'd be trying that next (after, of course, backing up photos and videos, etc., from storage.)

Oh, you're also BT connected, it looks like, so maybe it's partly that? It's only 1% according to GSAM, but I'm not sure I've ever trusted that report. When I used to use BT earbuds, my phone would drain about 5-10% an hour more than if I plugged in wired earbuds.
    10-03-2015 12:35 PM
    I'll uninstall the NFL app but its never been an issue before. The flashlight hasn't been on so not sure why its showing as being used.

10-03-2015 12:51 PM
    Boy, these are always hard to diagnose. It's some app that's running in the background (as well as the flashlight - try not using that maybe?)

But, you have a notification from the NFL app. Unless you really, really need this app, I'd suggest maybe uninstalling/disabling it and see if that improves battery use.

Otherwise, you can always verify that it's some app issue by running for a couple of hours in safe mode (long-press the power off and follow the prompts.) If the phone still eats battery in safe mode - it may be something wrong with the phone. Otherwise, if you haven't done a reinstall after a factory data reset, I think I'd be trying that next (after, of course, backing up photos and videos, etc., from storage.)

Oh, you're also BT connected, it looks like, so maybe it's partly that? It's only 1% according to GSAM, but I'm not sure I've ever trusted that report. When I used to use BT earbuds, my phone would drain about 5-10% an hour more than if I plugged in wired earbuds.
    One thing I noticed is the battery taking a long time to charge on my turbo charger

10-03-2015 12:58 PM
    I too have seen a rapid drain in the past week. I am taking the suggestion of disabling NFL mobile. I see there was an update recently and wonder if that is the culprit. Let me know if you find and answer and I will do the same.

10-07-2015 11:00 AM
    One thing I noticed is the battery taking a long time to charge on my turbo charger

Same thing happening to me this week. It will turbo charge a little bit then get stuck after like ten percent of charge.
    10-07-2015 09:35 PM
    Hey, guys, this happened to me too. Battery all of a sudden several days ago just can't hold a charge for a day. I wasn't acting or doing anything differently. Didn't install new apps. Don't think it's NFL, but stock email ("email") app acting weird too. I actually ran out of juice the other night. Never even came close to that before. Any insights would be great. I also installed that newest 23.21.44 yesterday thinking it would help, but it didn't.

EDIT: UPDATE 10-12-15. Logged out of the crappy stock email app and don't use it any more. Thankfully, everything seems to be back to normal with the battery. I narrowed it down to corrupted thingamajig. (have no idea what it was, but stopping email did the trick). Thanks for the help/recommendations.
    10-09-2015 11:16 AM
    If the stock mail app is being problematic (and it is a crappy app), try a good third party app from the play store to see if that solves the problem. (Also remove your account first.) Even the gmail app now supports POP3 and IMAP mail accounts, rather than just gmail accounts, and is already on your phone, if you're not big on third party apps.
    10-09-2015 11:47 AM
    My battery has been really disappointing since the lollipop update. I usually don't complain about it, but with a battery this big, I expect more. It just keeps getting worse. I've cleared cache and done the FDR. I am running the exact same setup as before the update,and the exact same apps are using the battery the most, I guess they are just using more of it. I have to throw it on the charger every day when I get home to make it through till I go to sleep. It feels like the same battery life from my first gen moto X.

10-10-2015 06:33 PM
    Yeah I agree with the last post. My battery life sucks on this phone now. Can't get through one day on a phone advertised as a two day battery. And that's with light use. This was my first and last droid phone. Going to Galaxy, Nexus, or iPhone next.

10-11-2015 10:04 PM
    I'm most disappointed in the fact that the Turbo never got a full root. I can only imagine how well a custom rom would have unleashed the full potential of the battery.

10-11-2015 10:23 PM
    Mine wasn't making it through a whole day either. I was saving the factory reset as a last resort, but that's what fixed it. Before, it lasted from 6:30 AM to about 5PM on a charge. Now, I have about 40% left at the end of the day.
    doogald likes this.
    10-12-2015 08:39 AM
    Mine wasn't making it through a whole day either. I was saving the factory reset as a last resort, but that's what fixed it. Before, it lasted from 6:30 AM to about 5PM on a charge. Now, I have about 40% left at the end of the day.
    I'm confused by your statement...
    Are you saying that you DID a factory reset and now you have 40% left at the end of the day, whereas prior to that, you couldn't get a full day and could only get from 6:30am-5pm? Is that correct?
    10-12-2015 02:54 PM
    I'm confused by your statement...
    Are you saying that you DID a factory reset and now you have 40% left at the end of the day, whereas prior to that, you couldn't get a full day and could only get from 6:30am-5pm? Is that correct?
    Correct. Still not as good as it was when the phone was new, but significantly improved after the factory reset.
    jleebiker likes this.
    10-12-2015 04:30 PM
1,125 ... 434445