Droid Turbo: Battery Life

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
On now for a bit less than 11 hours, down top 66%, that's only comes to about 33 hours.

This inslcudes about a bout 2 hours of miscellaneous use of email, web browsing, playing with app settings, and about 10 hours of idle/non use time. I did have bluetooth on but no device connected. Should that make a big difference?

Post some battery usage screens, that will help. Having BT on when you don't need will help with battery life, not a whole lot though.

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Holy smokes, just checked mine and though I've been on battery for only 2:43, I'm down from 100 to 87. 4G the whole time, nothing else. Only 24 minutes of screen time but PayPal is the second worst offender behind the screen (14%) and it isn't even shown as running in app manager!

snowpromod

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
My first full day, I am happy with those numbers considering my Note 3 would of made it about 8 hrs!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414856263669.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414856263669.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 65

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Anyone coming from A Droid Maxx notice that the idle drain is worse on the turbo? When I used to wake up in the morning with my Maxx with everything running, even 5-6 hours off the charger, it would only lose 2-3%. First two days with the turbo, and no matter what it's losing like 1.5% per hour. Not that that's horrible, but definitely a noticeable difference.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Anyone coming from A Droid Maxx notice that the idle drain is worse on the turbo? When I used to wake up in the morning with my Maxx with everything running, even 5-6 hours off the charger, it would only lose 2-3%. First two days with the turbo, and no matter what it's losing like 1.5% per hour. Not that that's horrible, but definitely a noticeable difference.

I'm not sure about the idle drain and granted I'm only a few days into the Turbo, but the Maxx's battery was lasting longer for me. I'll see how it is in a week or two.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Here's this morning. I bet it would actually go 40 to 42 hrs at this rate.

Attachments

• 1414859332456.jpg
    1414859332456.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 79

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

Yes, the non-use idle time draw seems to be a bit worse. I realize that the My Maxx was already a 3500 mAh battery, but I was surprised how little life improvement the Turbo has.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Holy smokes, just checked mine and though I've been on battery for only 2:43, I'm down from 100 to 87. 4G the whole time, nothing else. Only 24 minutes of screen time but PayPal is the second worst offender behind the screen (14%) and it isn't even shown as running in app manager!
I didn't install PayPal because on my S5 it was destroying my battery even when I wasn't using it.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

I've noticed this too between the OG X and '14 X. And to make even more strange, the '14 X lasts longer.

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
The 2k screen seems to be a big contributor to batter loss. Should've gone with a 1080 for a 5.2" display

I was just talking to my brother about this. This is almost no difference between his G2 and my Turbo. Although, I do love the screen, they could have achieved a similar indistinguishable display with 1080p and it would have provided better battery life. The phablet market is where there is a more noticeable difference. I get that it's a marketing tactic and bragging rights to have the best phone in the market in multiple categories, and when I take a step back I laugh that we're splitting hairs about having 4-6 hours of screen time instead of more. With everything we get with this phone, it's still more than enough to get us through the day, which is the ultimate in sufficiency.

Last edited:

TechJunkie#AC

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Yes, the non-use idle time draw seems to be a bit worse. I realize that the My Maxx was already a 3500 mAh battery, but I was surprised how little life improvement the Turbo has.

I think the screen resolution negates the extra 400mAh. Compared directly to the Maxx it would probably be like 3200mAh. No science, just a ball park estimate.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

Just think of how big upgrade the screen, GPU, and processor are though. Even with the 400mah extra I was expecting equal or possibly a little worse battery life because of how big the upgrades were. But hopefully when android L comes that will change.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

Granted we are talking about an infinitely more powerful processor in the Turbo, which may not be fully optimized yet. I bet that Verizon/Moto will get this thing tuned like a purring 1969 Dodge Charger after Android 5.0 is loaded.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Granted we are talking about an infinitely more powerful processor in the Turbo, which may not be fully optimized yet. I bet that Verizon/Moto will get this thing tuned like a purring 1969 Dodge Charger after Android 5.0 is loaded.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

I would love to see this happen.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site

Screen resolution is the difference if I had to guess.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC