10-12-2015 04:30 PM
1,125 ... 678910 ...
tools
    The battery app were using? Its called GSAM Battery Monitor on the Play Store.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo
    Thanks found it
    11-02-2014 07:07 PM
    The battery app were using? Its called GSAM Battery Monitor on the Play Store.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo
    Now to work out how to use it an set it up
    11-02-2014 07:08 PM
    What's the app called
    GSam battery monitor

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo
    11-02-2014 07:17 PM
    I'm still working on killing the battery from its first full charge. Currently 1 day 7hr 25m and @ 40% remaining. Ran a bunch of benchmark diagnostics today and have been streaming Amazon music through it most of the day. One thing I have yet to do is take the VZW/Android update, figuring I'd beat it up prior, then take the update and compare.
    11-02-2014 08:04 PM
    This is my battery life so far. Mostly WiFi.
    Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo: Battery Life-1414980406450.jpg  
    11-02-2014 08:07 PM
    This seems to good to be true. Some Skype, browsing, radio streaming (no too much of any of these but there was some). Also had Command center disabled though I'm not necessarily saying that's what gave me these good results.

Had to power cycle my phone so the Gsam for this same time period is unavailable

I re-enabled CC but won't have a good feel because tomorrow I'll be using a lot more browsing and radio streaming so I'll have it plugged in more.

mobrules likes this.
    11-02-2014 08:19 PM
    How many hours of screen time did you have for the above?
    11-02-2014 08:39 PM
    I'm still working on killing the battery from its first full charge. Currently 1 day 7hr 25m and @ 40% remaining. Ran a bunch of benchmark diagnostics today and have been streaming Amazon music through it most of the day. One thing I have yet to do is take the VZW/Android update, figuring I'd beat it up prior, then take the update and compare.
    How many hours of screen time from that full charge?

11-02-2014 08:47 PM
    Also had Command center disabled though I'm not necessarily saying that's what gave me these good results. .
    I also disabled Command Center when it started misbehaving.

I did the same on my previous Droid bc the Circles Widget was causing lots of problems on KitKat.

11-02-2014 08:52 PM
    Tomorrow will be the big battery test for me, since it's my first day back at work since purchasing it. It will provide hot spot tethering to my laptop all day in addition to its other normal activities.
    11-02-2014 08:55 PM
    My first day battery result... Not impressed yet.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Day 2, not really better. Let's see how it does tomorrow for an office day with bad reception.

Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo: Battery Life-1651.jpg   Droid Turbo: Battery Life-1652.jpg  
    11-02-2014 08:57 PM
    I don't know guys, I feel like I should be getting more out if this phone. When I full charge it, trickle charge for about 15-30 minutes, and unplug it, it says 100%, but, after about 2 minutes of usage (browsing, checking socials, moderate texting) it drops instant to 99%.

11-02-2014 09:02 PM
    Yeah, it drops off of that 100% pretty quick.
    11-02-2014 09:07 PM
    How many hours of screen time did you have for the above?
    2 hr 10 min
    11-02-2014 09:10 PM
    I don't know guys, I feel like I should be getting more out if this phone. When I full charge it, trickle charge for about 15-30 minutes, and unplug it, it says 100%, but, after about 2 minutes of usage (browsing, checking socials, moderate texting) it drops instant to 99%.

same, with in the first 2 minutes of just checking my overnight work email, I would drop to 99 or 98%
    11-02-2014 09:13 PM
    same, with in the first 2 minutes of just checking my overnight work email, I would drop to 99 or 98%
    yeah, I think/hope we get a hefty software update (probably just wait for Lollipop) that I pray will boost battery life majorly.
    11-02-2014 09:16 PM
    Any suggestions on this battery life? First full day with the new Turbo. Thanks guys.

Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo: Battery Life-1223.jpg  
    11-02-2014 09:53 PM
    My phone shutdown today after 17 hours off the charger, 10.5 of which I was awake, so basically I killed my phone in about 11 hours. my screen time ended with 4 hours 53 minutes. I never once killed my Maxx to the point of shutting down in a whole year and a half basically.

I wouldn't say my usage today was completely typical, but on gut feel, it tells me my Maxx would have faired significantly better. On most weekends, without my work email buzzing on auto push all day, I was able to get closer to 6 hours on my Maxx, or at least stay on pace for 6 hours and go to bed at like 1am/2am with 25%-35% remaining.

It seems like I lose about 4% idle drain per hour on my Turbo, and the Maxx would lose only 2%-3%. The battery life is still a lot better than average, but I am starting to worry that it's not as good as my last phone, which is definitely a a step backward if that's the case. Tomorrow will be my first typical work day, so we'll see how things continue to evolve.
    11-02-2014 10:01 PM
    Something is afoul

11-02-2014 10:06 PM
    My phone shutdown today after 17 hours off the charger, 10.5 of which I was awake, so basically I killed my phone in about 11 hours. my screen time ended with 4 hours 53 minutes. I never once killed my Maxx to the point of shutting down in a whole year and a half basically.

I wouldn't say my usage today was completely typical, but on gut feel, it tells me my Maxx would have faired significantly better. On most weekends, without my work email buzzing on auto push all day, I was able to get closer to 6 hours on my Maxx, or at least stay on pace for 6 hours and go to bed at like 1am/2am with 25%-35% remaining.

It seems like I lose about 4% idle drain per hour on my Turbo, and the Maxx would lose only 2%-3%. The battery life is still a lot better than average, but I am starting to worry that it's not as good as my last phone, which is definitely a a step backward if that's the case. Tomorrow will be my first typical work day, so we'll see how things continue to evolve.
    first. the maxx hasn't been out for a year and a half.

something is definitely afoul
    11-02-2014 10:09 PM
    Still trying to kill it

==

Edited to add that I still haven't taken the software update so the phone is operating as received.
    Attached Thumbnails Droid Turbo: Battery Life-235.jpg  
    11-02-2014 10:14 PM
    Still trying to kill it

Screen time?

11-02-2014 10:18 PM

Only 17 hours? That sounds horrible bro. I hope you find a way to save that 1%. How dare the Turbo not last twice as long as any other device.
    11-02-2014 10:22 PM
    first. the maxx hasn't been out for a year and a half.

something is definitely afoul
    I got the Maxx the day it came out. I said basically a year and a half. If you're going to quibble, then yes it's been more like a year and 3 months.
    11-02-2014 10:41 PM
    Only 17 hours? That sounds horrible bro. I hope you find a way to save that 1%. How dare the Turbo not last twice as long as any other device.
    I'm only pointing out that I've become accustomed to better. I would have questioned this upgrade if I knew that the battery life on this phone was not as good as the Maxx. It's still too early to know for sure, but my initial impression has me a little concerned.
    11-02-2014 10:42 PM
1,125 ... 678910 ...