Droid Turbo: Battery Life

Symthic

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
My goal with this phone is to get 16 hours of usage. I think it's dumb that people are angry, Because they aren't going to get the 48 Hours they are told. Most of us aren't average users. I plug my phone in every night when i go to bed, So why would i need it to last 48 hours? I just don't understand these type of people. Give me 14-18 hours and I'm Happy.
Isn't that dangerous, overcharging the battery like that?

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
99% of battery charging circuits (except those made in N. Korea) will stop charging the battery when it reaches full charge. It's a non-issue.

Isn't it something like it keeps turning the charging off at 100% until it gets down to like 95% and then kicks back on?

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Isn't that dangerous, overcharging the battery like that?

Modern batteries like lithium ion respond better to more frequent (and smaller) charges. This supposedly helps condition a modern battery and extend it's life and performance.

Sent Turbo fast from my 64GB Droid Turbo

Symthic

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I suppose I'm a bit paranoid, given how my current phone (Lumia 928) is having serious battery performance issues. I think it's more related to the Windows Phone 8.1 preview I'm running, which may not be perfectly optimized for the device. But it started after a period when I charged the battery overnight almost every night for a few months, so I've always been concerned that might be an issue.

Hopefully no such battery life issues will persist when I get my Turbo today or Monday.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I suppose I'm a bit paranoid, given how my current phone (Lumia 928) is having serious battery performance issues. I think it's more related to the Windows Phone 8.1 preview I'm running, which may not be perfectly optimized for the device. But it started after a period when I charged the battery overnight almost every night for a few months, so I've always been concerned that might be an issue.

Hopefully no such battery life issues will persist when I get my Turbo today or Monday.
I charge every night and never have issues with any phone. Just remember that if one day your battery drains abnormally it is most likely a rogue app. Just restart the phone.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Here's from about 1330 hrs central time. Watched couple shows through amazon earlier. No bad so far.

Attachments

• 1414780089639.jpg
    1414780089639.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 105

rigg

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
This is not good, only 1 hr and 6 minutes of on screen time and already down to 59% . Spent all day yesterday setting up. Normal usage for me today.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 1032.jpg
    1032.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 267

Xelios

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
This is not good, only 1 hr and 6 minutes of on screen time and already down to 59% . Spent all day yesterday setting up. Normal usage for me today.

Hm. I had sorta the same issue, but not sure it'll relate. It's been 2 hours off the charger and I was down to 86%. Atrocious battery life. However, I plugged it into my computer to transfer a file, and when I unplugged it, it went back to 99%. Maybe the calibration is just off?

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

That's down to 74% battery with 2hrs 30min of screen time. Seems just like the droid maxx I have and a hell of a lot better than my s5.

Attachments

• 1414781944547.jpg
    1414781944547.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 107

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Check out the automateit app. I set mine up to disconnect 4g when the screen goes out. Cant think of a single reason I would need the connection if the screen goes dark. If I'm on the phone data is off anyways. If I'm searching for something or reading news then its connected. If I watch a video then its connected. Calls and texts still come through without any issues. I posted some screen shots on page 2 of this thread. Its a free app. I know we shouldn't have to use apps and settings like this but I think its just the way it is. I used the same kind of app from motorola with a Maxx HD and could go 2-3 days sometimes. Today I used about 30% in 15 hours and watched 2 shows on the amazon instant player.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Check out the automateit app. I set mine up to disconnect 4g when the screen goes out. Cant think of a single reason I would need the connection if the screen goes dark. If I'm on the phone data is off anyways. If I'm searching for something or reading news then its connected. If I watch a video then its connected. Calls and texts still come through without any issues. I posted some screen shots on page 2 of this thread. Its a free app. I know we shouldn't have to use apps and settings like this but I think its just the way it is. I used the same kind of app from motorola with a Maxx HD and could go 2-3 days sometimes. Today I used about 30% in 15 hours and watched 2 shows on the amazon instant player.
For me its Google Hangouts that I need 4G on for. Otherwise, no reason.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

Did you have to set up a 2nd rule to turn mobile data back on when screen is turned on?

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
For me its Google Hangouts that I need 4G on for. Otherwise, no reason.

I would consider setting it up to only run during non-business hours, making the guess thats what you use it for. Maybe from 2200-0600 hrs or something like that.
I havent played with the app too much yet but it seems there are several things that it seems to do. I was pretty spoiled with motorola smart actions app on my RMHD and really got used to the extreme battery life. I was pretty nervous to switch but It seems to be working out. Even though its only been a day. I was playing with the app on my nexus 10 in anticipation of the turbo. Motorola doesnt support the smart actions app and I hate change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae